Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrChu
May 14, 2002

Schlieren posted:

This thread has convinced me to do just that. Any recommendations for someone who likes what comes out of a clean, hilariously overpowered, Fender-designed guitar amp when using a bass?

What is it about the sound you like? Any clips available?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrChu
May 14, 2002

Most honest ad I've seen in a while - http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/msg/4305932095.html

DrChu
May 14, 2002

Boz0r posted:

If I'm in a situation where I can't crank my amp, would getting a separate solid state power amp to throw in the effects loop output be a usable idea?

I don't see this as sounding any better than just keeping the volume low, and you'd still need a speaker plugged into the amp's output since there would still be a load on it.

DrChu
May 14, 2002

Smash it Smash hit posted:

Decided to run my v4 into an acoustic 320 head. I know I can do it two ways, one running the v4 preamp out into the 320 preamp in or run it into the channel input.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of each way. Will running it into the pramp in keep the volume even in both rigs considering the 320 is about 3 times as powerful as the v4?

And why dont more people do this? Seems like I am basically turning the 320 into a glorified, more powerful reverse hybrid head ala the Musicman HD series?

The Musicman HD series were solid state pres into tube power amps, this would be the opposite.

This would also be a bad idea because you should still have the power amp of the V4 connected to a speaker or otherwise you risk damage.

DrChu
May 14, 2002

Remove the other three screws and just pull the bottom piece of wood off. The head of the screw is what does the majority of the holding, and since that is gone it should come apart easy, and if there's any part of the old screw left sticking out you should be able to remove it with some pliers.

DrChu
May 14, 2002

Southern Heel posted:

Loudness Talk!
I would love some insight on this, am I overreacting? As a non-gigging musician is this simply throwing bad cash after good?
Where are you measuring the decibel level at? Where the mic would be positioned or where your ears would be? If its where the mic is, it will be less from where you'd be standing, and if even that feels too loud just stand farther away.

DrChu
May 14, 2002

What's that little amp on top of the Twins?

DrChu
May 14, 2002

Have you checked the fuse?

DrChu
May 14, 2002

SVT Classic? Mesa M6/M9 Carbine? Preamp into a stereo power amp?

DrChu
May 14, 2002

The grill could be attached with velcro and just needs to be pulled off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrChu
May 14, 2002

I have a DC-3 and it sounds fine but is very unreliable. Each channel is completely independent, which is nice having different EQs and reverb settings for clean and drive, but they packed a lot of stuff into a small space and the power section gets flaky. I’ve had it repaired a couple times but the problem eventually comes back. I would have trouble trusting it for a gig and would rather get something basic like a Hot Rod Deluxe and a couple extra pedals to add in the tonal variety.