Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

jeffersonlives posted:

OFFENSIVE FOOTBALL

This is really awesome info, any chance you or someone could do a defensive write up? I can do pretty well in identifying offensive schemes, but i can't read defenses for poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Stupid question, but how much has football changed in the past 30 years or so? I've only really paid attention the last 3-4 years, but i when i see old school clips of even the 90's, the game feels off to me. Maybe i need to sit down and watch an older game in full. Maybe its the new style gear, but it seems nowadays players are stronger/faster/hit harder compared to even 10 years ago?

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

So what do head and position coaches do during the games? If the OC/DC call the plays, do they just make the big decisions on timeouts/punts/conversions etc? How much of an effect does a HC have during the course of a game vs his coordinators/position coaches?

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

DrGonzo90 posted:

In the NFL an O-lineman can inform the ref that he's an eligible receiver, but he must do so every time since his eligibility lasts for only one play.

I've seen this a few times, but how often does it actually work since it seems like it won't since the other team knows he's eligible. Goal line situations/short yardage?

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Can someone explain how the hash marks work? How its decided where the ball gets placed for the next snap/field goals/ why the difference between high school/college/pro?

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Stupid question so i figure it fits here best. For instances where they need to bring out chains, or a QB sneak into a giant pile where you can't see the ball well, why don't they start chipping balls? Wouldn't then they be able to tell 100% if it got the 1st down or if it actually crossed the goal line?

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Are there any good video's on what every coach does? I get the basics of the position coaches, and what the coordinators do, but i'd love to see an in depth/specific video on how a coach actually coaches. The specific techniques the lines use, or drills a cornerback runs etc. I've never played football, so i have no firsthand experience on how coaches do what they do.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Bashez posted:

Required obviously: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHkABO0VwCg
I went to plano east and was 6 years old at that game. My dad STILL bitches about that to this day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

In light of all the fun ref stuff thats been happening, how do refs get selected for which games they officiate? Lets say NFL. To be a ref, they obviously have to be a big fan of the sport, and they have to have some allegiance to some team. If a ref admits to being a cowboys fan, does he never officiate and NFC east games? NFC all together? Do they just keep it to themselves?

• Locked thread