Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tahm Bwady
Aug 7, 2008

Its 1 thing to jump and be able to land on 2 feet but I had no idea I was landing in Heaven.Hope all is well on this good Friday

sc0tty posted:

Q. Seems surprising that there is no Los Angeles team. What's up with that?

LA has gotten so many chances for a football team, but has run them all out. Still the Jaguars look like they might move there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tahm Bwady
Aug 7, 2008

Its 1 thing to jump and be able to land on 2 feet but I had no idea I was landing in Heaven.Hope all is well on this good Friday

nnnAdam posted:

The Miami Dolphins are the obvious choice here. We have the funniest/wackiest player in the league in Ricky Williams, the Wildcat, and legendary NFL iron-man Chad Pennington who has twice returned from major injury to win Comeback Player of the Year award. Also we have the best avatars in TFF and you'll be part of this highly exclusive gang.

The Dolphins and the Texans are the two teams I would pick if I was just now getting in football. Both are really talented and definitely on their way up. Both have really awsome exciting offenses. In fact, the Texans are my secret 2nd team.

Tahm Bwady
Aug 7, 2008

I seriously cannot wait for the Texans to get SB caliber. It's only a matter of time.

Tahm Bwady
Aug 7, 2008

Alakaiser posted:

Those formation posts were pretty sweet. I knew some of that, but I've never really been too big into exploring playbooks.

Here's a question for you guys: what the hell does the prevent defense do, besides "preventing the team from winning"? Like, why do many coaches seem to use it when it feels like they always get burned by it in the process? And, for that matter, why is it so easy to beat?

The Prevent defense is basically used to prevent the team from throwing deep on you. It's used when 10-15 yard gains are allowable but a deep pass would be very bad, like at the end of games. It is so easy to beat because almost everyone is way, way, deep and playing the long ball. So you can easily get a 20 yard gain, but you won't get a touchdown

Tahm Bwady
Aug 7, 2008

sc0tty posted:

Slaton is a pretty sweet running back for the Texans in Madden 10.

I can never get him to work. Maybe it's because I just give up after 2 attempts and launch it to AJ.

Tahm Bwady
Aug 7, 2008

nnnAdam posted:

Yeah it's called the playoffs.

:fry: That is not even nice.

Tahm Bwady
Aug 7, 2008

Groucho Marxist posted:

it's always fun finding out new ways Pioli owns.

I'm glad your happy with him :gbsmith:

Tahm Bwady
Aug 7, 2008

Doppelganger posted:

I assumed they were some kind of mics, but I like to pretend they're for reflecting sound waves just to gently caress with everyone.

Peyton Manning hears own echo; freaks out and throw 5 interceptions.

Tahm Bwady
Aug 7, 2008

Blackula69 posted:

That team was completely ridiculous. The only team they didn't blow out/rear end-stomp was the Vick-led Hokies. I wish I'd been more into college football at the time.

Their two safeties were Ed Reed and Sean Taylor. Their MLBs were Johnathan Vilma and DJ Williams. Their kick returned was Andre Johnson! Goddamn. Can you get season recaps on DVD or something? I'd love to see them whip some rear end.

e: Not only did they have a ton of NFL players, most of them are still in the league.

2e: hahaha sorry, they stomped everyone except Virginia Tech and...the Brian St. Pierre-led Boston College! BSP 4 lyfe.

Bryant McKinnie on the line as well, they were pretty much unstoppable.

Tahm Bwady
Aug 7, 2008

Doppelganger posted:

What are those fanny-pack things for, just to keep their hands warm?

It's where Matt Ryan keeps his crystal meth

Tahm Bwady
Aug 7, 2008

keevo posted:

Why do people hate Jay Cutler? Was it only because of the whole him wanting out of the Broncos thing?

he played for my high school's rival school. Beat us every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tahm Bwady
Aug 7, 2008

This is something I've wondered about for awhile and I just thought now to ask. Why do teams exchange late-round draft picks in the same round in a trade? It seems like it happens in almost every trade.

• Locked thread