Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

BlackJosh posted:

Pick a team that doesn't have a superbowl yet (The Vikings are clearly the best from my completely objective point of view).

But honestly, that would be the best team to jump on to to root for. A team like the Vikings, Eagles, or Chargers that are good but haven't made it over the hump is a team that you can have fun rooting for without feeling like a bandwagoner, I'd imagine. Also the best years are still, technically, ahead of the team and you won't have to be one of those people that's enjoying a championship that occured before you even cared about the team.

Seconding this. When I was little my parents raised me a Cowboys fan and the whole basis of being a Cowboys fan back then was "kiss the rings."

I started rooting for the Chargers a long while back and while it sucks to die in the playoffs every year there's a lot of enjoyment and excitement in thinking that next year is gonna be "the year."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread