Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

So I have a sort of frustrating issue that I've been unable to research a solution to, and am hoping someone might have some ideas.

One of my client sites is a k-12 school, and they're very serious about having their internet access be "safe". So they're using a default search engine called "Kidrex", which is a rebranded custom Google Search site. This gives them everything they want.

However, the problem is that the kids can still go to Google directly, and even with SafeSearch turned on, both Google Images and the auto-complete will give them what the school considers to be "inappropriate" results. If we block Google, then Kidrex stops working as it relies on Google for its search results. My thought was to simply block Google Images and then disable the autocomplete function, but for the life of me I cannot find a way to actually disable the feature. Google Instant can be blocked, but there doesn't seem to be a way to stop the autocomplete.

My boss has reached a point of wanting to outright abandon Google for their site and look into a move to Bing. Is there another alternative?

Lights fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU