Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
I dont know what the budgets are for everyone out there (mine is smalllllll) but we are using a KASE setup right now (Dell let me borrow it for free for 30 days to dick with it).

Pretty nice setup. Essy web interface. A fuckton easier than SCCM and SCOM.

Lets you set up imaging, network image deployment, upgrading and software pushes. Also has a great option i am quickly falling in love with "Auto-uninstall." So you start listing poo poo like browser tool bars and iTunes. It checks every computer every 15 minutes. IF it sees anything on the no-no list it just uninstalls it.

People keep calling me saying their "MyWebSearch" tool bar keeps disappearing, no matter how many times i have sent out memos saying "DON'T loving INSTALL THAT poo poo."

Anyway price wise its 11K per box to buy and then 250 nodes for 500 bucks a year per box. so 1000 a year for 250 nodes and 22k startup for both boxes. Not too bad compared to SCCM and SCOM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU