Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

We are having terrible problems with session based RDS on Server 2016. The gateway service sometimes stops on its own. Once the SQL server for connection broker HA blew itself up. Most frequently, though, within hours or days of a new deployment, the session hosts will simply stop successfully accepting connections. The CB passes off the connection, the SH says "yup, this user logged in" and then like 3 seconds later, the SH says "this user initiated a logout". From the user standpoint, the login doesn't even finish before the logout process starts.

It's worth mentioning, though, that mstsc /admin connections still work. It has something to do with the handoff from the CB.

This problem has persisted through multiple builds and multiple configurations and multiple different source templates for cloning.

What the hell should I do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Probably, but if you want the really right place for stupid questions (and answers!) it's r/sysadmin

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

lol internet. posted:

Does anyone know wtf this hpe server power connector is and what's the chances of me getting this to work at home?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj7MtiJqrae4mvpZoJfJ9NpvdB9jRw

Great thanks

It says 15A 277V AC on it. A little bit of googling makes me think it's maybe a NEMA 11 series receptacle, which is for 3 phase. 277 volts is 1 phase out of 3. You probably don't have that at your house.

Happiness Commando fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 23, 2021

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Does anyone know if it's possible to get SQL Server to authenticate against RADIUS? Every single blog post online talks about getting RADIUS to log to SQL, which is absolutely not what I want. Which implies that the answer is no, it's not possible.

But it might be?

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Powershell can implement a file system watcher using C# libraries to look at a folder and when a file is written there, trigger some automation like creating a torrent or whatever. Can provide sample script if necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

I had to migrate an Enterprise CA from a 2012 server to 2022 the other day. It was surprisingly painless.