Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

We setup a Kaseya server as we're a managed IT provider. It's been a dream for most tasks, especially things like AV and Microsoft patch management. I'm having a bit of a pain in the rear end time with non-MS software, though, specifically pushing out updates for things like Adobe Flash. Our end users almost invariably have no admin privileges, which is nice, but lately we've hit the snag of Adobe Flash requiring 10.1 to work on most websites. Cue us getting regular calls from users bitching about not having admin rights.

Now by pairing Kaseya with Ninite Pro and some scripting, I managed to make a script that deploys the 200k Ninite installer and auto-installs/updates everything silently. The problem is that lately it's been too silent; I think it's failing deployments (I can only tell whether the Ninite EXE actually got to the computer and executed; beyond that I have no record) and it also means I still have to babysit the drat thing (running it each time Adobe releases a new Flash).

What I'd ideally like to do is give users only enough privileges so they can upgrade Flash if they need to, like if they have the right registry key/file permissions kind of thing. Failing that, a working method for deploying via Kaseya. Group Policy will be a colossal pain both because there are 20 servers to do this on, and because some companies have computers that essentially never check in (because the servers are in Vancouver and they're in Halifax, for example, and no there's no budget for VPN routers but thanks for asking).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU