Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm not sure what to do. I've been thrown in the deep end with a small client who has an HP Windows Server 2012 box that he needs to be able to login to remotely. Every guide is confusing the gently caress out of me but I'm effectively being sent at gunpoint to do this so I'm hoping to find any advice what to do. It's a very basic operation so whatever the simplest solution is should be fine. Thanks heaps in advance for any help or advice where would be best to ask this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Thanks for all the ideas, ended up muddling my way through and the customer's paid the invoice so all's well and I can get appropriately drunk for a Friday evening :)!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Potato Salad posted:

Yo, the simplest and fastest way to get this done is to use TeamViewer

for the love of God, make sure that every account that is used has a very strong password

They refused to pay for it :'(

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

lmao it's like £30/month, don't waste your time with those clowns

They're more than happy to pay me ~500 a month to come out a few times and do trivial stuff, while refusing to pay on a plan. They're loving morons but quite profitable.