Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FauxR34L
Feb 27, 2005
Serious Business

Derpes Simplex posted:

I have a user that needs an individual login script. Is it kosher to put the script and accompanying registry file in sysvol or should I make a share?

e: this user doesn't have access to any of our other shares.

As a rule, I would keep all login scripts in sysvol, that's what it's there for.

Unrelated: Does anyone know of an application that can deploy and audit a set of files against a set of servers.

I look after a group of ~30 windows xp sp1 :airquote:servers:airquote: that run a scada system. The particular scada app uses a whole bunch of individual files to control what functionality each server has and we currently don't have a method to deploy and audit which server gets which set of config files.

We already use puppet on the linux boxes here which would be great if it supported windows a bit better.

I've looked at packaging up each set of files into an msi. and using wpkg but that doesn't help with auditing, and having to maintain packages for each different type of server would be :effort:. SCCM is out as we are forced into running xp sp1. We can spend money if we need to.

The ideal app for this would show me a matrix of files x servers and let me click a checkbox to deploy that file to that server. Bonus points if it would also let me generate nice charts that i can show to the higher ups showing that all my servers have all the right configs. More bonus points if it can do it all without needing to run agents on the servers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU