Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«283 »
Cage
Jul 17, 2003

Grimey Drawer

H2SO4 posted:

If it's one of the blades then you probably have a bad sequencer kit. The only other failure I see with taillights is when you use lovely switchbacks on the front turn signals the rear light goes out completely.
Im sorry, what do you mean blades? Is that what they call the 3 separate tail lights? Yeah its the passenger side innermost. Everything else works, I dont have any other lights out on the front either. I just have a plug and play kit and I dont remember seeing much besides wrapped up wires so I dont even know what to look at to fix.

Also was NOT expecting to see my iac look like this. That sucker is cleaaaan.

Trying to diagnose my "stalls when I have air conditioning on and brake and clutch in at the same time". It happened in my old mustang too so Im hoping I can figure out an issue that isnt just "lol ford". My mach 1 came with a bama tuner but apparently they lock out the adjustable options like rpm speed so I cant just adjust it there.

And I know its not a good fix and that the problem should be fixed at the source but if this is my throttle stop how is one supposed to adjust it? Is this PO fuckery and they just snapped a head off??? I was expecting a hex bolt on the right side to adjust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Lets look at the IAC again. the thing may be clean but the solenoid may be broken.
try these things out https://www.wikihow.com/Check-an-Id...-Control-Valve. (check out the ford multimeter part)

Also do you get any codes?

If everything checks out, it could be the AC compressor is failing. When the engine is idling and the AC is on, the compressor may be binding and the low RPM's are stopping the pulleys from moving properly.

If the car has been fine up until now, I would leave the throttle alone. I dont think its the issue.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Once every two weeks Ill get "P0506: Idle Air Control System RPM Lower Than Expected" but it will go away on its own after a few days, this happens without using the air conditioning. Also whenever I start it cold I always have to give it a small amount of gas or it'll stall. Ill test the resistance later thanks for the tip!

opengl128
Sep 16, 2010

Instead of the Ford tune I'm thinking of spending the same money on 4.09 gears. I have 3.73's now but Ford changed the gearing in the manual for 18+ so its much taller than 15-17, this would bring it back in line with the previous gearing and gain a little snap off the line and torque down low. Going to call around and get quotes for the install, and maybe pull the diff myself to save some cash on labor.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

This post is good to go

opengl128 posted:

Instead of the Ford tune I'm thinking of spending the same money on 4.09 gears. I have 3.73's now but Ford changed the gearing in the manual for 18+ so its much taller than 15-17, this would bring it back in line with the previous gearing and gain a little snap off the line and torque down low. Going to call around and get quotes for the install, and maybe pull the diff myself to save some cash on labor.

Curious as to what it costs in your area to have it done.

opengl128
Sep 16, 2010

Bob Morales posted:

Curious as to what it costs in your area to have it done.

I'll report back once I get some quotes. First speed shop says they don't do rear end internals but gave me the info of another shop who does.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Are Mustangs still using an 8.8 center section? There's got to be plenty of shops that will work on those, including offroad shops (even if they're used to working on the solid axle version).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl128
Sep 16, 2010

IOwnCalculus posted:

Are Mustangs still using an 8.8 center section? There's got to be plenty of shops that will work on those, including offroad shops (even if they're used to working on the solid axle version).

Yeah, they call it the Super 8.8 now. Didn't know how similar it was internally to the old 8.8's.

«283 »