Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I dunno if I'd want to step up to the Laguna Seca trim. I kind of like having back seats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
The Leguna Seca is a factory race car. FOMOCO is gearing up for stock trans am series. You heard it here first.

Seriously though the only reason you'd want a Leguna is if you wanted a garage queen or wanted to participate in a factory stock series. It's way too much for anything approaching a daily driver.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

It's way too much for anything approaching a daily driver.

No way. People could daily drive it in all but the worst cities (Boston :negative:) just fine. They wouldn't, but modern suspensions are flexible enough that a race car would still be tolerable to ride and not tear itself apart.

Killbot
Jun 19, 2003

You know, you kids really ought to stop getting involved with this stuff.
Isn't that why you can get two keys for it, with one activating a normal street engine tune and the other activating the balls-out track tune?

The splitter might have to go for the street, yeah.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

redscare posted:

Wait I lied, sorry. The Boss sucks, the brakes are slightly spongy and there's too much pedal travel. They're nowhere near as good as those on an Ultimate Driving Machine.

There's a Car and Driver joke in here, but I just can't find it...

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Q_res posted:

There's a Car and Driver joke in here, but I just can't find it...

Gotta Have It Factor is a legitimate test parameter

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The Third Man posted:

"We can't tell, but it still makes us mad:argh:"

Wasn't an article posted within like the last 5 pages that literally said that? "Overall, this new Mustang is the most comfortable, best handling RWD car we've ever driven. We wish it had IRS though."

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

The only way the Mustang will make progress is if Ford pays off GM and Chrysler to put the Camaro and Challenge back on solid axles.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007
So the retarded "belt-sander on red rim" color scheme apparently is reserved only for the laguna seca trim?

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

shodanjr_gr posted:

So the retarded "belt-sander on red rim" color scheme apparently is reserved only for the laguna seca trim?

Yes. The regular 302 gets the more sedate black wheels with a bright rim. I think the red ones look okay on the black Laguna Seca but pretty bad on the silver one.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
Am I missing something on Ford's configurator or is there really no SYNC on the Boss?

Commander Jebus
Sep 9, 2001

You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought...

Pudgygiant posted:

Am I missing something on Ford's configurator or is there really no SYNC on the Boss?

No SYNC, no Nav and a barebones Stereo. I know they are going for a more purist approach but the gadget lover in me at least wishes they'd have them as options, although it wouldn't stop me from ordering if I could get one without a huge markup.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

redscare posted:

Gotta Have It Factor is a legitimate test parameter

It really is the best piece of automotive journalism to ever grace the printed page.

Pudgygiant posted:

I don't think you get the BOSS 302.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

frozenphil posted:

I don't think you get the BOSS 302.

But...but...THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE HAS ONE! :negative:

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

oRenj9 posted:

But...but...THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE HAS ONE! :negative:

No it doesn't. :colbert:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
My power bulge has two power bulges :smug:

Killbot
Jun 19, 2003

I wonder when Ford will ditch the Shelby moniker and start calling its high-power Mustangs SVT Cobras again. Shelby doesn't do poo poo these days except sue everybody.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Killbot posted:

I wonder when Ford will ditch the Shelby moniker and start calling its high-power Mustangs SVT Cobras again. Shelby doesn't do poo poo these days except sue everybody.

When everyone that was between the age of 8 and 18 in 1968 is dead

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
From a purely business standpoint, they'd have to be window-lickingly retarded to do it.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007
Are CAI+Tuner kit prices basically price-fixed everywhere online?

Killbot
Jun 19, 2003

redscare posted:

When everyone that was between the age of 8 and 18 in 1968 is dead

Those geezers can pay $60k+ for that ugly GT350 remake if they really wanted to have their Shelby thrill.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

frozenphil posted:

No it doesn't. :colbert:

:iceburn:

Killbot posted:

From my conversations with an average car person: probably never. The Shelby badge carries a whole lot of credibility; enough so to justify spending $60+k on a Mustang.

A lot of (ignorant) people seem think the Mustang GT is crap. I was having a conversation with my uncle (not a car person) the other weekend and he was chastising the GTs in general because he seems to think that since his Tundra can take a bone stock fox-body GT in a highway drag race, all Mustang GTs are slow. He basically said, "The Shelby is the only new Mustang that's worth a drat."

So yeah, the car-buying public is stupid and Shelby makes Mustangs look better to haters. So, I think Ford will keep them on for as long as possible.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

shodanjr_gr posted:

Are CAI+Tuner kit prices basically price-fixed everywhere online?

There's not much wiggle room on a plastic tube, air filter, and hand held tuner.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action
Today the dealer offered a Kona Blue 2011 GT Premium with electronics package, comfort package, and the 19" machined wheels for 32,900, which is about $3000 below invoice.

Should I push harder? I used USAA's pricing service which takes almost all the negotiation out of it... I feel like I should have to fight a little bit. Is this a good deal or what?

Also, it doesn't come with the 3.73s. There's another one WITH the 3.73s, but he said a chain fell on the hood at delivery and they had to paint the hood and replace the windshield. I asked if they were knocking off money for selling a damaged car and he said no.

But it has the 3.73's and I've heard its expensive to do them aftermarket.

So... pristine w/o 3.73s, or repaired with... and should I be getting a better price?

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

RockSmart posted:

Today the dealer offered a Kona Blue 2011 GT Premium with electronics package, comfort package, and the 19" machined wheels for 32,900, which is about $3000 below invoice.

Should I push harder? I used USAA's pricing service which takes almost all the negotiation out of it... I feel like I should have to fight a little bit. Is this a good deal or what?

Also, it doesn't come with the 3.73s. There's another one WITH the 3.73s, but he said a chain fell on the hood at delivery and they had to paint the hood and replace the windshield. I asked if they were knocking off money for selling a damaged car and he said no.

But it has the 3.73's and I've heard its expensive to do them aftermarket.

So... pristine w/o 3.73s, or repaired with... and should I be getting a better price?

Why on earth would it be expensive to do? You just pop off the cover on your oxcart, pull out the old gears, install the new ones.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

MikeyTsi posted:

Why on earth would it be expensive to do? You just pop off the cover on your oxcart, pull out the old gears, install the new ones.

Don't forget about backlash. If you don't know what you're doing back there you could seriously mess something up.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Lava red: http://forums.themustangsource.com/f726/lava-clean-outside-492480/

God drat. That is a lovely color.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

MikeyTsi posted:

5 to 800. Easily.

I dunno about you, but I hate spending close to a grand on a car I just paid 33K for.

Did you ask the dealer if it's possible for them to swap 3.73s in?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'm waiting on one to come in with the right options and getting ansy. I want Black or Lava Red in an Automatic v6 or GT Premium with the electronics and comfort package...

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

RockSmart posted:

That sounds like a better deal than I got. I paid almost that much (32k) for a Kona GT Premium without the electronics or comfort package. Mine had auto tranny, the 19" machined wheels, Shaker 500, and security pkg, so MSRP was in the 36s. Oh, and I got raped on my GTO trade-in. I feel kind of bad for not driving a harder bargain, but I was pretty stoked after the test drive. Normally my new car negotiations drag on for days.

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

Powershift posted:

Looks... well, brown, to me. Or rusty black. Not a fan.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Number_6 posted:

That sounds like a better deal than I got. I paid almost that much (32k) for a Kona GT Premium without the electronics or comfort package. Mine had auto tranny, the 19" machined wheels, Shaker 500, and security pkg, so MSRP was in the 36s. Oh, and I got raped on my GTO trade-in. I feel kind of bad for not driving a harder bargain, but I was pretty stoked after the test drive. Normally my new car negotiations drag on for days.

They're probably trying to move the '11s since they've just gotten two of the 12's on the lot. They come with a garage door opener and selectable EPAS and cost thousands more since there's no incentives.

iwentdoodie posted:

5 to 800. Easily.

I dunno about you, but I hate spending close to a grand on a car I just paid 33K for.

Did you ask the dealer if it's possible for them to swap 3.73s in?

He said it's a 400 dollar option. How that translates into a dealer option I don't know. It's not just the parts and the labor, it needs to be tuned also.

To get all $3000 worth of incentives I have to use their financing, which doesn't have the best rates. But is there anything stopping me from financing through them, getting my own financing (USAA) and bringing them a check for the full amount?

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

RockSmart posted:

They're probably trying to move the '11s since they've just gotten two of the 12's on the lot. They come with a garage door opener and selectable EPAS and cost thousands more since there's no incentives.

He said it's a 400 dollar option. How that translates into a dealer option I don't know. It's not just the parts and the labor, it needs to be tuned also.

To get all $3000 worth of incentives I have to use their financing, which doesn't have the best rates. But is there anything stopping me from financing through them, getting my own financing (USAA) and bringing them a check for the full amount?

no, that is exactly what my mom did on her GT. she only sent the first payment to their company.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Does Ford always roll out the next model year this early? I thought they did that in the summer.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

A.o.D. posted:

Does Ford always roll out the next model year this early? I thought they did that in the summer.

Nope, March is the usual month for the next model year of Mustang for Ford.

Atom1klad
Dec 17, 2002

Powershift posted:

It looks like that deep purple from mid 90's Accords, or the Miata M edition. Maybe it looks red in person?

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Oh man, BBR is running an automatic 5.0 in Factory Stock this year; poo poo sounds sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH-EygfplXc

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

RockSmart posted:

poo poo, you may be better off just doing USAA to begin with. When you figure in that original loan, plus the interest from it...then swapping it to USAA and even more interest, it may not even be worth it for the incentives.

USAA usually has killer rates. I have nonexistant credit and got my used car loan at 4.3%.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

iwentdoodie posted:

poo poo, you may be better off just doing USAA to begin with. When you figure in that original loan, plus the interest from it...then swapping it to USAA and even more interest, it may not even be worth it for the incentives.

USAA usually has killer rates. I have nonexistant credit and got my used car loan at 4.3%.

If I only pay the original loan long enough to avoid any early-repayment fees, I should be alright... just don't know how long those fees last

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

RockSmart posted:

If I only pay the original loan long enough to avoid any early-repayment fees, I should be alright... just don't know how long those fees last

What type of interest rates are you getting on them, if you don't mind me asking?