Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

Recent Mustang recipient here.

2011 GT Premium with California Special Package, Rouch CAI and exhaust, TEI shifter. Not blue.

Shown here with Franklin and Gertrude, pet rocks and proud parents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007

Dinurth posted:

Is that a pug or a demon cat in the background?

That would be our Battle Pug, Private. Not shown: our tactical Shih Tsu, Pickles.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007

oRenj9 posted:

Slick car, I never noticed that the GT/CS has a GT etched into them.

You've got really, really good eyes!

Not seen: When I finally poked my head under the car, I noticed surface rust on the brake calipers and rear axle. Is this a thing? Should I be concerned?

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007

Buhbuhj posted:

If you mean the hubs on the rotors, that's normal rust. I actually painted them black with some high heat paint on my car just so I can avoid it. The calipers shouldn't really be rusting but some surface rust shouldn't be an issue regardless of where it is.

Arg. You are correct: hubs. I used the wrong word and now feel a profound sense of shame.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007

TheFonz posted:

Does anyone have experience putting a carseat in the back of a 2015+ Mustang? I see a bit in this thread, but all my searches turned up pre 2015.

I assume it is a bitch, but is it want to kill yourself doing it everyday or just, man this sucks doing it everyday?

I have successfully transported three small children in car seats in my 2011.

It was neither pretty nor easy.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007

Recently took possession of a 2019 Bullitt .. cast derision or drool at my life choices. It's a sweet, sweet ride.
Standard complaints: no back seat, completely useless cup holders - and my own: I'd like to remove the Bullitt logo from the back trunk panel. I really like the lack of exterior branding the car has.

Kits I've seen from minor searching:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...5VPTQEL90&psc=1
https://www.cjponyparts.com/accelat...5-2019/p/TPM43/

A common theme in these types of items seems to be warping, and poor sizing. Has anyone here completed this task and have suggestions on what to look for? Warnings? Good to knows? Sources?

Thanking you in advance for your notable and wise recommendations.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007

tl;dr - I accidentally traded my car in

Backstory: I just received a promotion/five digit raise at my place of work and was feelin' all high and mighty. Had previously arranged for an airbag recall service on my previous ride.

I was also looking at putting some ducats into the ride to fix a nasty ding in the passenger side door (not shown) fix the chipped paint on the hood from the previous owner, full alignment, etc
Whilst waiting at the dealership I was confronted with this ..

This was the last Bullitt they had in stock, and as was expressed to me, the majority of their clientele were more truck oriented, so I got it for base MSRP even with the upgraded(!) electronics.

While I was outside, one of the sales folk came out for a smoke and I asked him if he had the keys, to which he replied he most certainly did not, but he'd go get them ..

The bastards ... they let me start it.
Thus began my long and sordid slide into new car ownership.

Approximately an hour later I had the keys and was roaring off into the sunset.

Ignore the pasty white individual reflected in the marvelous Highland Green ..

Yeah, I need to power wash and seal the fence.

Visual indicator of completely useless cup holders and possibly questionable tattoo.

She's a thirsty girl.

But I've been treating her right.

I'm inching closer to 21 overall mpg, I don't know why it particularly matters to me (other than the obvious $$) .. I find it a challenge to see how high I can get it.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007

opengl128 posted:

Nicccceeee. How are you liking the rev matching? (if you have it turned on). I'm still salty they seemingly withheld that from 2018's even though all the pieces seem to be there, and that nobody has figured out how to hack it in yet.

Think it's turned on by default, which gave me a bit of a surprise driving the first time as I'm not deeply into the tech of the modern Pony. I experimented both ways, and decided to leave it on as it ~seems~ to make shifting more fluid.
I am, to a large extent, learning how to shift again and by that I don't mean I'm learning how to shift; rather that I'm re-learning how to shift in such a way as to make the car look and feel as though it were an automatic. Well nigh impossible with this beast, but it's a goal.

Minor quibble that I have heard echoed elsewhere: the clutch pedal has a bit of a long throw, engaging approximately 20% up from the floor. Not a scientific analysis, mind you ..

The sport mode steering is definitely a fav, normal seems a little loose and slushy to me. Same for the engine profile.
Also: color me a newly minted fan of air conditioned seats! Frosty butt!

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007

Mosnar posted:

Recently took possession of a 2019 Bullitt .. cast derision or drool at my life choices. It's a sweet, sweet ride.
Standard complaints: no back seat, completely useless cup holders - and my own: I'd like to remove the Bullitt logo from the back trunk panel. I really like the lack of exterior branding the car has.

Kits I've seen from minor searching:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...5VPTQEL90&psc=1
https://www.cjponyparts.com/accelat...5-2019/p/TPM43/

A common theme in these types of items seems to be warping, and poor sizing. Has anyone here completed this task and have suggestions on what to look for? Warnings? Good to knows? Sources?

Thanking you in advance for your notable and wise recommendations.

Quoting myself to revisit the original question about replacing the trunk panel ..

I've seen video on how to remove the back logo, but that still leaves the mounting holes to deal with and I'd like a clean presentation of, basically, my car rear end.

Anyone here attempted this endeavor? Suggestions? Inspirations? Bueller?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007

I never did properly thank the goon(s) who recommended cjponyparts.com for the delete panel for teh Bullitt. Due to Santa's timing, I was unable to get the exact one recommended (was no longer available) and had to go with an alternate.
1. Thank you!
2. What's up with the cold air induction box? Sucker gloms up upon the hood with a passion when closed which, at the very least, restricts airflow.

Am I correct in this thinking? And, if I am; what can be done about this abomination that does not require a tune?

Thanking you heartily in advance!