Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Is it truly a Mustang if it doesn't have a big, loud, burblely engine? That always seemed to me to be most of the fun of such a car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Powershift posted:

According to steeda, the new stang gained 200-300lbs

http://www.steeda.com/blog/2014/05/2015-mustang-product-development-update/

Dissapointing if true, especially with the f-150 dropping 700lbs. That could put the mustang GT at 3900lbs, and the reg cab/short box 5.0 f-150 at 4200lbs, which would be kinda funny. Especially considering that in Canada the 5.0 f-150 is $19000, the mustang GT is $35,000.

The quintessential American car. :911:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

They say it'll be greater than 305hp, but I'd be surprised if it was more than 320. Still, 320 from a 4-banger; credit where it's due.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I don't know if it's some effect due to the 15's being around the corner, but I'm seeing loaded second-hand 14's for sale around here for significantly less than list price, though after negotiations the prices may be much more similar. Makes me wonder if something similar may occur with 15's. :shrug:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Elviscat posted:

True, but this is an eminently pleasing torque band to have, it's maximized for city driving because it creates almost no turbo lag, and also feeds into the reason the original SVT turbo Mustang was killed, the steps to make it make more power than the V8 are as follows (once the aftermarket catches up):

1: Purchase larger turbo
2: bolt-in larger turbo
3: make gently caress-tons of power.

I'm exceedingly curious how powerful the engine will be when the aftermarket figures out how to crank it up to 11.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Airbags will kill you and everyone you love.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Your EB rumour of the day brought to you by TFL.

tl;dr It's claimed an insider told them it'll make 350hp.

Believe it, see it, etc.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Am I a bad person for no longer being repulsed by the idea of a 4-banger Mustang?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

PT6A posted:

Christ, Ford Canada, what is your major malfunction? We've had detailed US pricing for months now, and still nary a whisper about Canadian prices.

Last Canadian price list

:eng101:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

HotCanadianChick posted:

One of the auto news sites reported it a while back, one of their generally reliable inside sources said that was the internal goal. I'll see if I can find the article I read it in.

Edit: found it, it was Road and Track:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/features/web-originals/how-powerful-will-the-ford-mustang-ecoboost-really-be

Here

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I'd been eyeballing a used 3-Series for my next car, but an EB Premium is getting kinda tempting. I'll have to give it a go when they show up at the dealers.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

The wallet says ecoboost, the gonads say GT :dong:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

News-y tune-y thing: The 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Hits the Dyno, Gets Extra Power

quote:

In addition to dyno testing the 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost, SCT took their first shot at tuning the turbocharged 4-cylinder for some extra power. With what the tuning company called a very mild tune, they were able to pick up a touch over 35 horsepower and 46lb-ft of torque – giving the first tuned turbo 2015 Mustang a rear wheel output of 266 horsepower and 334lb-ft of torque. Those are very solid gains for an early tune, as we will almost certainly see bigger gains as the SCT team gets a chance to play with the tuning process.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I'm trying to find it again, but iirc in a forum post someone from a tuning shop suggested that the torque was messing with the dyno re: hp reading.

I don't know enough about dynos to know if this is possible or not, but it was a suggestion.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

SouthLAnd posted:

A guy at my work just took delivery of his '15 GT. It is a manual with no options or packages. And it is amazing. :stare:

I was perfectly happy with my family sedan 2.0t Fusion with its tune and Steeda intake. Now I need a Mustang.

Go on... Did you drive it?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

How do you find the interior?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Powershift posted:

open the door, and it should be right there. If it's not, you might have opened the trunk.

:ocelot:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Like most things in life, the answer is more throttle.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

Whats the old fashioned way? Give gas, let out clutch, and pray you don't peel out too much?

Let it out with passion.

The only thing I'd have done differently is kept the stock seats (I love me cooling seats) .

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

ilkhan posted:

He has cloth recaros. The cloth seats don't have heating/cooling, only the premium model's leather seats.

Oh, it's a non-premium. I thought it was premium. Love me some cooled seats.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Who here has a convertible that they use in the winter months (somewhere that actually has cold and snow)? I'm curious how you find it as a DD in cold/crap weather.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I'm not surprised about the heater. The heater in my Escape has three settings: warm, hot, nuclear furnace.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Shelby GT350 Mustang should start around $50K

Not bad if true. ~10k more than the list price of the base PP GT Premium.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

If you put an LS3 engine in a Mustang (or vice versa), which owner's group would you be trolling more? :v:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Saw a 2015 (GT, the works) in the flesh for the first time when I was at the dealership today, what a lovely looking machine. I rather want one. :10bux:

Unbeknownst to me I got my vehicle in for work one day before my warranty expired :v:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

PT6A posted:

Went down to the dealer today to sit in the 2015 GT (the test drive should wait until the roads are less hosed up with ice and gravel and whatnot, I think). I definitely liked the new interior -- the things I like about the current version stay pretty much the same, while the improvements are awesome. The new shifter is excellent, and I love the look of the toggle switches. I'll have to wait until I actually test drive it to see how much I hate the touchscreen (why can't they just have knobs? I love my knobs, they're so easy to use!). Some people have commented they thought the visibility was worse compared to the outgoing models, but I can't say I noticed a significant difference.

I guess the real test will be in the driving, but I can definitely see myself getting one in the near-ish future.

Which dealer did you go to?

If I decide to pony up the money (wah wah wah) for one it'll be a non-PP GT Premium too. It's certainly the leading candidate, though I'll probably wait till 2016.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Sooooo...i might, sorta, be close to buying a Mustang...

Unrelatedly I'm making this post while poo poo-faced, but my purchasing decision is sober.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

bowling 4 buttcoins posted:

Please wait for MY16 and keep your sanity.

Seriously trying to justify an austin yellow w/ tech package GT350 right now for the next year or so.

The GT500 won't be cooler, right?

Yeah...but the car's blue...

Anyway, enough posting whilst under the influence.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Starkk posted:

Mine is blue, just not grabber blue :(

If they offered grabber blue for MY16 I would seriously turn in mine for one.

It's alright, we can be blue brothers - gently caress the haters.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Starkk posted:

are you thinking of getting the gt?

Naturally.

The EB is a fine motor, but I know that the first time I pulled up next to a GT I'd think 'Hrm...'.

{The *only* think sitting in my mind is whether this article is accurate. The RS is a more functional car than the Mustang (hatch, awd, etc) and the article MT says it'll have cooled seats. Cooled seats are a must-have for me on my next car. However, I haven't found any confirmation from Ford directly that the RS will have cooled seats, and the existing interior pictures only show heated seats, so I'm not really sure what to believe. Until Ford confirms it directly I'm acting under the assumption the RS has heated seats only.)

Wistful of Dollars fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 1, 2015

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Should have stuck it on a Focus, or something.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

ilkhan posted:

GT350 with tech package in guard or DIB, please.

Yeah, that looks pretty drat swank.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Tide posted:

Am I the only one bothered by the wording "LIMITED DEMAND ANTICIPATED"? I read that as its to say "we don't expect much demand". But I have had only 2.5 hrs of sleep.

It's a strange thing to add, but my guess is that they don't expect a lot of base model customers? :shrug:

vvvv wouldn't surprise me if that's a typo :downs: vvv

Wistful of Dollars fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 24, 2015

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Wowzers :chanpop:

That's a steal.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Comrade Flynn posted:

Trying to get a dealer to return my loving calls so I can place my order for a GT350 + Tech Package.

It's me. The person with 4 cars and one garage spot. :downsgun:

You can park it at my place and leave the keys, if you want.

(I'm currently heavily planning on ordering a 2016 GT in the spring, but now there's a strong temptation to save up another year to make a GT350 affordable...It sounds like they start at 62 Canadian though :saddowns:)

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Gwaihir posted:

The canadian pricing conversion is atrocioussssss, that really sucks for you guys.

Yeah, looks like suggested price of ~$72k for a GT350 with tech pack. :saddowns:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

BrownieVK posted:

I picked up an Ecoboost with the performance pack,manual, and cloth recaros and it handles even better than the stock ones, being the lightest config doesn't hurt either. I think the PP has stiffer coil springs, bigger sway bars, rear gearing is different and the brakes are great. I test drove a 13 GT with a SLP exhaust and while it sounded amazing the ride and refinement doesn't even touch the 2015. I will miss my Fiesta ST, but I love cruising on the highway in near silence without the car tracking all over the place.
Only downside is it's Oxford White, but it looks pretty good with the gloss black PP wheels. I'll post up pictures when I'm not being lazy. I can't wait to start modding this car.

Nice. It looks like the tuners are really getting into the EB (which we all expected) and are doing good things. There's a lot of stuff being posted over on M6G.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Buhbuhj posted:

So I just got an awesome deal on a 15 EB and should be taking delivery tuesday.

I've only read a few pages of this thread so forgive me, but since the cars been out for a while now I was wondering if any of you 15 owners had any little tips or tricks or anything cool that I should know about. I've done a little research and after test driving a premium there is a staggering amount of stuff in the car compared to my Fiesta.

ps Im Hype as hell

Don't lift. :black101:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I test drove a GT Premium with a stick today, it was fun.

The sound of that engine when you start the car or put your foot down on the highway...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Briefly watched the GT350R at Goodwood today; looked and sounded real good.