Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Hi Mustang people. I just got a Ecoboost Premium in red with a 6sp manual.

So excited to pick it up tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Mines a 15 then if you're keeping track, and yah its race red not the ruby.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Whelp, drove it home today. :swoon:

Best decision I've made in a long time.

That being said.. anyone recommend a good snow tire as winter is coming.

E: Also lmao @ the mustangs on the door handles in the dark.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 6, 2015

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I didn't exactly stick my face down to look at the source but good to know.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Nice. I'll see if I can snag some of one of those two on a decent deal.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

In that instance since I am not seeing myself becoming attached to them in any way, 10 seconds with some black touch up paint. Problem solved.

Alternatively some delicate work with a bit of plastic polish and a buffing wheel?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Oh you're in buffalo. Howdy neighbor.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Northtowns. Drivin' gud. Still warm enough to get the bike out though.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Buhbuhj posted:

Oh god you are in Buffalo. Perhaps you should invest in a snow blower attachment for your Mustang as well.

Naw. I'll drive it up until the roads start getting their yearly heavy saltings and then the wife and I can share the other car for two months. This was already planned out. The ponymobile will not be seeing the worst of buffalo weather.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

End of Week 1: Car owns.

Washed it and waxed it because why not? Lexol'd all the leather and got a few good coats of vinyl protectant on it. Cleaned a few other odds n' ends.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Oct 10, 2015

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Please remove the back seat, extend the hood, and put in a twin turbo v12.

Thanks.

E: The charger looks like garbage with 4 doors, Mustang doesn't need the same treatment.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Nice dad car, pops.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Jack it up 2" off the ground, problem solved.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

ilkhan posted:

Could be, but it won't be long until the GT is a turbo 6 and its only the special editions that get a V8.

Since Ford has hinted the GT500 might be a TT V6 then yes, thats probably the case.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Buhbuhj posted:

GT500 should be twin turbo voodoo engine imo. Let's go all out.

I would probably order one day-one. Not even joking.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Yeah they've been testing a TT V6 rolling around town a few times in a mustang body. Rumor is it'll be the 700+ HP engine they stuff in the 2018 GT500s. Considering people have been pushing the ecos north of 600hp now it wouldn't be surprising at all. They'll be ahead of the hellcats with better fuel consumption and emissions.

I think we're slowly coming to the end of natural aspiration V8s as anything other than limited edition stuff. GUBERNMENT KEEPIN US DOWN.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Mar 10, 2016

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

ilkhan posted:

Oh gently caress.
Pictures of the new 2017 colors got posted.

It's a bad idea to trade my 16 Guard GT in for a 17 Lightning Blue GT/CS, right?

My 15' Ecoboost is probably going to get replaced this summer with something in V8 flavor so... uh... nope right there with you.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Crazy Pigeon posted:

I'm planning on buying an ecoboost premium, should I wait to see if there's better incentives for 16s after March? I'm guessing 17 release is around June so I was hoping Ford would throw some better incentives my way.

I'll sell you mine :)

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I'm coming up on 5k miles on mine now and I'm lusting for the v8 instead. RIP.

Bad decisions incoming.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Well if you change your mind mine hasn't been modded at all :)

I really just want a V8 now :(

I'm looking at GT350s in my area. Help :shepicide:

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

'15 in Race Red, 4980 miles as of pulling in the garage today. NY. Extended warranty up to 70k that can be transferred too.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Buhbuhj posted:

If you get a gt350 I'm going to come pay you a visit.

I'll put on some brisket.

Crazy Pigeon posted:

Ahhh in Ohio so might be hard even if I wanted too. Pretty dead set on a 16 in dib right now too haha. Good luck on getting that gt though, I'll be super jealous if you get one.

I used to live in Cleveland. I feel your pain. Ohio is only a 2.5 hour drive though yo.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Yeah, i'm west side of the state. columbus is like 5 hours. I used to live in marion when I was a kid :(

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

That's the same issue with every modern pony.

Pull that spring and never look back.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Whelp every single GT350 in my area got ordered with the technology package for some weird rear end reason. Looks like I'm better off waiting and just ordering a 2017.
:rip:

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Captain Apollo posted:

What's wrong with the tech package?

You can't combine the tech package with the track package options for 2015/2016.

Starting in 2017 you can.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Pretty sure the 2016 models have the magnarides and stiff springs even with the Tech package, but they lose out on the extra fluid coolers and a few other bits n bobs.

I think the 2017s are gonna be the better option though assuming 1) I dont get a raging desire to say gently caress it and just get one with the tech package (cause I'm a whore that wants my sync3 poo poo) and 2) they don't jack them up $10k for 2017.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Only reason the dealers get away with the ridiculous $20k markups is because ford doesn't allow them to trade GT350 stock. So if a dealer manages to get one on order and they wind up being the only guy in the area with one, they know they have the local market cornered.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Down payment went to Engine Replacement apparently.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

5 speed transmission in a '65? Heresy.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Dislike button posted:

Has anyone else here bought a GT350 other than the guy who had his engine blow?

I decided to wait for the 2017s because the options are way more betterer.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Buhbuhj posted:

EB People:

Just installed my Full-Race dp(quality piece) and Vibrant resonator. It's still loud even with the resonator BUT there's no rasp at all. I have the MBRP street catback and it basically sounds like a louder version of what it was before. As an added bonus you can still very clearly hear the turbo through the exhaust.

Did a datalog pull and it feels pretty good. Car sounds very healthy at the top end. Not sure what Adam @ Tune+ is gonna have to adjust on the tune but I think I will be happy any way.

I guess that means at this point I am "Full Bolt On". The next logical step of course, bigger turbo!

What are you pulling for numbers @ the wheel now with that?

Can you post a full mod list?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I found a '16 GT with the Perf package & 401A group for under $40k new.....

problem is its yellow.

RIP

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Well...

I went and test drove the 5.0 Premium in Yellow.....

I'm in love and my wife told me the color makes it ok to buy. Waiting on numbers..... eek.

Plus the leather recaros own.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

No '16 GT for me. Dealer wants to stand their ground over $500.

Oh well it can sit on the lot all winter. gently caress em.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Crazy Pigeon posted:

I basically sent out a mass email telling a bunch of dealers what I wanted and asked what their out of door price was. Told them all I was going with the lowest price and they were tripping over themselves to best each other. Try that maybe.

Or wait and get a '17 because fiscal responsibility is for losers.

I just put in a "Have someone talk to me about a 2017 pre-order" request and used the down payment money I was gonna spend to pay off another car.

Fiscal Responsibility :smug:

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

So uh....

I guess I spoke to soon.

In a weird twist of events on a whim in my disdain for the dealer... I called a local car guy I used to buy from in the past and asked him if he could do a dealer swap with them to get the car and give me a better price....

He came in substantially less, and wants to give me more for the trade on my eco....

lol? Guess I'm signing the paperwork monday?

:smugdog:

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

ilkhan posted:

Winner winner!

Grats, dude. What are the specs?

You said 16 GT. PP? Color? Trans? Other options? We want to know!
16 GT Premium with the Performance pack, 400A pack + leather Recaros.

Gonna work out to just a hair over 40 with state fees/taxes/etc.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

ilkhan posted:

Wait a sec, didn't you already have a 15 EB-P?
e: Your post history in the thread is amusing. Looks like are replacing the EB with this one.
How do the memory seats work with the recaros?

Don't judge me. At least my cars (usually) last me longer than my motorcycle ADD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I actually considered a Shelby over the GT but 1) I dont want to wait. 2) WNY Doesn't get many of them and most of them go to private bid outs from the dealer and I dont feel like paying $10k+ over MSRP for one. Mostly I just want the enjoyment of being back in a V8 for both the sound/performance and the fact that I'm now spending even more time in my car with my new job than I was when I bought the ecoboost, so I may as well enjoy the fucker to the maximum.

Plus the wife is making me promise that this car will last at least 3 years, since I've swapped out my vehicles every 8-10 months for the last 4 years or so... heh.

RE: Power Seats

The Recaros in the 400A / 401A are manual adjustment, no heat/cool, all leather. They still have 6 way adjustment but none of it is electronic. The seats have no power connector and the heat/cool buttons are removed from the dash.

You can get the 401A upgrade but really all you get are the extra LEDs on the car, the speaker enhancements, and the annoyance of your car beeping every time you get within 50ft of something in reverse.

Ford 401A posted:

Features include:

Shaker™ Pro Audio System with 12 speakers
HD Radio™
Driver’s seat, mirrors, and ambient lighting with memory feature
BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with cross-traffic alert

Its a total waste of $1800.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jun 19, 2016