Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Got a call confirming they got the dealer trade all set.

Shes mine.

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Please update the spreadsheet accordingly. My car has a whole engine now :colbert:

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 21, 2016

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

As a tall dude I find the recaros the be much more comfortable in depth and the headrest, plus the extra side support is nice.

I can see why people would pass on them though.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Hell I went to the fuckin maserati dealer and they pretty much went "yeah heres the keys dont crash".

lmao who the gently caress says no to test rides?

(Apparently Al Spitzer Ford)

E: wait I knew that dealer name sounded familiar. lmao don't live in cuyahoga. Ohio sucks.

BigPaddy posted:

What Chrysler put a 8 speed in their cars! gently caress them and gently caress 9 speeds we are going 10! How long until we end up with truck style half gears in cars?

Until they start making 10+ ton cars probably not.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 22, 2016

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I'm not sure I'd consider the current 'stangs backseat usable unless you're toting around midgets.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

:psyduck: Why did ford think the stock clutch assist spring was a good idea.

I swapped in the steeda spring tonight and holy poo poo what a difference.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Elmnt80 posted:

So, with all the people trading their ecoboosts for gts, what are the odds that you can pick one up for a heavy discount here in 2-3 more years?

You can get one for a heavy discount now! https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-2015-Ford-Mustang-EcoBoost-t55261#listing=148070244

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Yeah I'd totally hold out until springtime and see what they offer for incentives to move 2016 leftover stock off the lot.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Rolo posted:

Been dear shopping for two months, tested a GT, had to have it.

I'm bad with money!

Pics / Option List.

Cmon bruh.

Wheres the line lock?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Vinyl dye, tape, and patience?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Just remember your Turbos will probably shoot straight through the top of the hood at 120k miles so trade it in now and get a GT before its too late.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

At the very least go have your Ford dealer slap the $700 upgrade on it and report back.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

ilkhan posted:

Same for me (6'0" and 30" inseam). I hate cleaning the rear window because of it.

6'4" here for me (33" inseam if you must know).

I cant even clean the rear window. I make the wife do it cause shes 4'11".

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

oRenj9 posted:

It does, but like 90% of the handing upgrade is due to tires. I have a 14 V6PP and it's great on the pirelli tires, but pretty awful/sketchy on my winter setup.

The 15-16 PP suspension is a pretty decent difference from the older bodies.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

That definitely gives of a focus vibe on the front end.

Glad I did not wait.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

The only '18 option I will be missing on my '16 is the magnaride. Otherwise I don't like the front end updates at all, and I can't imagine going to an all LCD dash and giving up my slick gauges.

Though I wonder if Ford will offer the option for the 15-17 models to add the magnaride package as an afterthought and have the computer reprogrammed for it. I'd consider dropping that $$$$.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jan 18, 2017

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

ilkhan posted:

It'd take a good amount of work for an EB mustang to be that far in front of a coyote mustang.

Yeah I was gonna say....

You'd have to do a fairly impressive amount of tinkering to get an EB to straight up destroy a 5.0 in that kind of fashion.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Phanatic posted:

I've just never been big on them. Sure, they make brake dust harder to see but I want contrast between the wheel and the tire. I could see black wheels if they still made actual whitewalls.

Here's my big question, though. How easy is it to change the template that projects the horse down onto the road from the door to something else? I want Dickbutt projections.

I'd have to look at the thing but I'm pretty sure the plastic itself is cut in the shape of a pony and the only thing you can replace is the plastic screen to change the color, and you'd probably have to do some disassembly to do that.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I got mine out today too man.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Truth. I had to not only leave, but also get another dealer in town to trade for the car, but in the end I won.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

tumor looking batty posted:

Looking to get a used Mustang. Out of the past 10 years, which years have held up the most?

edit: It looks like 2011 is what I should look for. Looking for a manual v8

2015+

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Cage posted:

Im not sure what I want now. If I found another new edge with around 50k miles I would consider it depending on the price. I was surprised to see that 2015-2016 V6s can go for around 16-17k with 20 thousand miles, but I havent sat in a newer mustang so Im not sure if Ill like it. We'll see what insurance will offer me for it before I start shopping around.

Id be happy to let you see/sit/drive in mine if you wanted, but then youd get spoiled by the v8 and the recaros.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I did enjoy my ecostang for the time I had it. It just didnt have the sound.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I get about 22-24 on the highway and about 14 in the city with my 5.0.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Gwaihir posted:

I have to remember to hit one of the no-Ethanol stations next time I fill up, be interesting to see if I still get as large a gain in mpg using that. With my previous mustang it was good for jumping from 13->16ish mpg around town.

As someone who has a no ethanol 91 station and an ethanol 91 station both around the corner from me, i can say I have never noticed a huge difference in MPG. Maybe 1-2.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

frozenphil posted:

A 5%-10% difference isn't huge?

To me? No. I dont consider 1-2mpg even worth giving a poo poo about.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

kalvick posted:

I think he was speaking about horse power, ethanol gives you less power.
considering we all drives stangs here, I think MPG is irrelevant.

Oh. Well in that case yes. I usually run no-eth anyway, but in regards to mpg who cares.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Just go buy a used EB. Theres plenty around here.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

ilkhan posted:

Thats... expensive. For a 2015 to be $30k it'd be better a premium (leather, sync3, other goodies) at least.

2015s have MyFordTouch in them. Sync3 didn't get put in until 2016. This was one of the best things about the interior switch from my EB to the 5.0.

(MyFordTouch sucks rear end)

E: VIN lookup on that posting does look like a GT Premium though.
E2: Unless GTs in 2015 got Sync3 and EBs didnt too. I donno. Whatever. My 2015 EB Premium had MyFuckTorch

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 19:20 on May 20, 2017

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I just bought a Jeep. Put it next to my 'stang on the sheet.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Buhbuhj posted:

It's ok Cage, I like the carpet also.

As long as she keeps it well maintained it aint an issue.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

You're definitely better off getting a PP GT. Yes that is correct.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Speaking of theres a GT350 sitting on a lot out in the middle of loving nowhere about 50 miles from me in an area that it will literally never sell.....

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

It so cleeeeeeeeeeeeean.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Do not plastidip your goddamn brakes.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

kalvick posted:

I meant the calipers.

Yeah. Me too.

Let me further expand:

Don't plastidip any part of your goddamn brakes.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

The stock pirellis that came on my PP GT are about 3/4 cooked at 10,500 miles. Figure Ill wind up replacing them next spring at around 14-15k

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

kalvick posted:

I have yet to see a good working version of Sync on any Ford vehicle. I dont know anyone with a Ford, that actually likes it or can get it to work right on the 1st try.

Unfortunately out of all the OEM infotainment systems that come stock with cars, GM's Uconnect system, is hands down the best.
I know its heresy, but Ford should license this tech from GM and not Microsoft.

Second place for hands free / bluetooth compatibilty Im gonna have to give it to KIA. The interface is simple, but the S*** just works.

Sync3 is great and I've literally never had any issues with mine?

Sync1 and MyFordTouch (Sync2) were the Microsoft tire fires. Sync 3 is BlackBerry QNX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I just do the sensible thing and plug an iPod into the console USB port when I buy the car and then literally never take it out ever.

Who the gently caress uses their phone to listen to music :corsair: