Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

The local dealership has a '16 GT with 4600 miles I'm thinking about trading my Focus ST on. They're asking 28.9 which I don't think is a bad price, but I haven't really looked for other cars to compare it to. What do you guys think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

http://www.bedfordford.com/used/Ford/2016-Ford-Mustang-f43ddbb90a0e0adf41c9e44abd0f1f34.htm?searchDepth=1:3#&gid=1&pid=3

Any guesses as to what they gave for it? I got hosed when I bought my focus, if I decide to pull the trigger on this I wanna come out on top.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

What would be a good price for that, and how do I get the sales manager to give it to me for that. I'm actually glad it doesn't have recaros because I don't fit in them, I test drove an ST2 car before I got mine that had them and quickly said gently caress that.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Thanks. I found another car with 1k more miles for 2600 less, I'm gonna try to use that to get a better deal on the blue one. I just love that blue with the silver stripes, sexy as frig.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

I was bored at work tonight so I checked X-plan pricing on a new GT. If I can't get them to knock a few grand off the used 16 I linked earlier I may just buy a new one.

E: Welp, looks like daddys getting a 17 Impact Blue GT with the GT performance package(WTF NO SPOILER?!?!?!?!?). Are the silver stripes a dealer installed option, or are they from the factory?

fps_bill fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Feb 26, 2017

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Yeah my bad, it's lightning blue. While we're on the topic of colors wtf no more guard green? I was seriously thinking about going Steve McQueen style till I saw they dropped that color.

fps_bill fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Feb 26, 2017

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Is the inability to use a sunshade the only reason to not use a mirror mount? I have a passport max that I had hardwired with the sticky cup mount above my mirror in my ST. In the middle of summer I'd always come out to to the detector laying on my seat, floor, or between the seat and center console.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

So I'm at the dealership doing paperwork and poo poo. When the topic of adding stripes came up my buddy said nobody wants to install them because they come off. I want em but if they're just gonna come off ll just chill on the stripes.

E: I'm just gonna see about getting them painted on. gently caress it

fps_bill fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Feb 27, 2017

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

They shot me a price of 865 just for the stripes, not installed. Every window sticker I looked at had stripes listed at 475 I think.

I'd like to think I could get painted stripes for what they quoted me for stick on ones.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Picked my car up today and this thing is loving badass. My only bitch is it sounds so tame. The stupid sound tube is stupid. I wanna get a CAI and ditch the resonator. Do you have to tune the car after go to a CAI and bigger throttle body.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

I had my car for 13 loving hours and the paint is hosed! We got some serious winds and on my way home from work there was 1 spot where the wind storm turned into a gravel storm or some poo poo. My mirrors, and above my windshield are hosed, there's a few nicks on my windshield. I don't even want to look at my hood and front bumper. Or the rest off the car for that matter.

edit for pics:

I planned on not driving it till I got a clear bra done, but figured what the hell, ill take it to work today. This bitch is getting wrapped after i get it fixed.

fps_bill fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 2, 2017

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

I like the way you guys are thinking but I'm gonna get the paint fixed, I kinda have to since I told the adjuster to issue the check to the body shop and me. While it's at the body shop I'm gonna see about getting black stripes shot on it. Then that bitch is getting film.

Shoulda heard the adjuster when I told him there's 280 miles on the car.

E: God drat does a murdered out 700 horsepower mustang sound amazing right now.

fps_bill fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Mar 3, 2017

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

I want to eventually get one of ford's power packs, but to keep my warranty I have to have it dealership installed. After taking my ST in for an oilchange I don't trust those jackoffs. I wanted full synthetic, they put in blend and had oil spilled all over the engine cover.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

So pretty much if I install their parts and their tune they can't say their parts were the reason my engine grenades. But if I use another company's stuff I may be hosed.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9452-M8

It'd be a down the road thing. The mods I had on my ST were easy enough to revert to stock if I ever had the need to. That intake manifold not so much.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

F it I might just get the steeda intake and the tuner they sell. Or the gt350 intake, and a different tuner.

The insurance adjuster is here writing up my car. He said they're gonna have to paint everything except the rear bumper. I guess If I wanted to get stripes painted on now would be the time to do it.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

What width stripes do you guys think I should get? The day I get my car from the body shop I'm taking it straight to a clear bra place for full front xpel film, tint, and matte black stripes. Only problem is I can't decide what width stripes to get.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Actually the body guy talked me out of painting them on. I'm just gonna have the clear bra place stick then on. It wouldn't look right if I got them painted on anyway, matte black stripes but the hood and bumper would be gloss since I'm getting a full front end clear bra done.

I like these stripes but everyone said they're too wide and there needs to be more space between the stripes. I'm pretty sure the factory over the top package has 10" stripes though so idk. I'd go with a silver pinstripe though.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

What's the go to not super loud catback? I'm torn between the magnaflow street or competition, and the Ford touring. I love the sound of the Ford sport too but idk how well that would work out rolling in at 1am every night.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

I have the 5.0, there's so many exhausts that sound good. I'm really considering the magnaflow competition, or the Ford racing touring, maybe the sport. gently caress idk which to get

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

I'd like to but I work second shift, and have neighbors. So rolling in at midnight with a gently caress off loud exhaust may be a bit of a problem.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

This should be a fun weekend. Exhaust, steeda intake, shifter, and my tuner should be here Friday. I'm really really really not looking forward to the shifter install

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Got my Steeda shifter, new knob, and my exhaust installed this weekend. My lower shifter cap didn't want to come off, then when it finally did it tore the gasket. So my car has 500 miles and has permatex on it FML.

I ended up going with Ford's touring exhaust and I'm really glad I did, it sounds really good and is plenty loud for me. I'm gonna have to loosen everything up and readjust it one of these days. I was hungover and the tips looked fine when I had the car up on ramps, got it down and the passenger side tip was sticking out farther than the driver side and wasn't centered in the cutout. Maybe the driver side was in too far. Idk

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

I average 22 and some change

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Wistful of Dollars posted:

It warms my heart to see 5.0's getting better mileage than my old Duratec Escape.

Yeah, I'm not at all pissed at my MPG's especially since I have a performance pack car and Ford says it's good for 23 highway. I only got 25ish in my focus ST when I had it.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Buhbuhj posted:

Why wouldn't a catback pass inspection. If you still have the cats and no CEL you should be good?

The cats are in the midpipe on those cars.

Ask the guy if he has the stock midpipe, or ask him to knock the price of a catted midline off the price of the car.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

I got my clear bra, stripes, and tint done a few weeks ago and haven't had time to snap any pics so here's 2 from blackout tinting's Facebook page.

fps_bill fucked around with this message at 20:02 on May 22, 2017

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Cage posted:

What did you mean by "to t"? Can't really guess the typo. That looks super slick!

Whats with the panels on that hood? It almost looks like they don't vent. Is that like on my old car where someone didn't get the traction control so in its place a fake button was placed?

Was supposed to be tint. Idk how it turned into to t.

And yes, hood vents are functional.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Cage posted:

Ahh jealous. NY now checks tint at inspections so you're hosed on getting anything on the front windows.

That sucks. Technically anything on the front windows in PA is illegal, but there's enough stuff rolling around tinted I don't think cops enforce it unless you're/they're being a dick. Actually now that I think about it any tint other than the back window on a coup is illegal. Idk, PA has hosed up laws.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

I think my exhaust moved or something. Sometimes at a certain rpm I can hear something bouncing off of something else. Also this thing got really annoying at 2100 rpms and I'm pretty sure that's new. Everyone days the Ford racing exhausts have no drone though. I think a pipe is touching something and I'm getting noise that way.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

My ramps at my brothers place so I'll have to wait till this weekend to take a look. Im pretty sure that when i readjusted everything to get the tips sticking out an equal distance on either side the drivers side pipe was really really close to the subframe so Im thinking poo poo moved. I dont think it droned before, im pretty sure this is a new thing. maybe this time I can actually get the passenger side tip centered.

Like i said everyone says the ford touring exhaust has zero drone so I dont think it's the mufflers thats droning, I think a pipe is against something and vibrating at a certian rpm range.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

The drivers side pipe was rubbing on the swaybar, I took everything apart and re situated it, if say I got enough clearance now.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Those fender hashes look good man.

So for the last 2 weeks I've been driving around wondering what the gently caress LC was and why it was on the bottom left corner of my screen. Turns out I enabled launch control and didn't know it.

I loving love how my car looks, finally got a chance to wax it today.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Weathertech for life yo! I've had them in my last 3 or 4 Cherokees, and the mustang. I had huskyliners in the ST, and they for really well. I don't like the gap at the back of these ones though.

E: finally got it to work. Idk wtf the problem was

fps_bill fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 13, 2017

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Has anyone figured out how to get the reverse lockout collar to stop loving rattling.

On a side note being a big dude(300 pounder) with a really small interiored car really ended up biting me in the rear end Saturday night.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Lol I have, still no room to gently caress in the mustang. I used to be 385

fps_bill fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 7, 2017

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

I'm pretty sure if I wasn't a 300 pounder I could have made the front seat work. She's just a tiny little thing. If it hadn't been raining i would have just thrown her little rear end on the hood.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Krakkles posted:

Oh, are we having this conversation now? Cool. Please, tell us more about you exploits with tiny little girls.

She's 27. She's just like a size 2 or something.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

I haven't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

I think I've washed my car 3 times tgis summer. It rained once a week every week all summer long.