Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Why is my 2017 gt destroying the inside of my front tires? Stock ride height and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Larrymer posted:

What are the alignment numbers?

IDK I haven't taken in to an alignment shop yet. The drivers side is wearing super weird. there's a 1/4" strip of tread on the inside with about 2" of perfectly smooth baldness, the passenger side has cords showing on the inside edge.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Called the dealership by my house and they said 12k or 12 months. I'm at 15k :(

A couple guys at work said after you drive a new car a while and everything settles in you need to get it realigned. Guess that explains why my ST destroyed the insides of tires too.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Finally got my new front tires on and in for an alignment.

fps_bill fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 30, 2018

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Something weird happened on the way home from work today. For about a mile through town my rear brakes were making a godawful screeching noise. Id apply some brake and its go away, let off and its fine back. Then it stopped all together.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

BrownieVK posted:

Rock probably got trapped between the backing plate and rotor. I've had that happen across several vehicles randomly and it makes the worst sound ever. Usually driving in reverse and stopping pops it out.

That could be. I think my parking brake is sticking occasionally. My brothers driveway has a little bit of a grade to it and my car just sat there when it should have drifted.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

So I'm gonna have to pull one of my ford performance by borla mufflers off and cut it open one of these days.

The last time I readjusted my exhaust the loaner pipe expander didn't have the right nut so it just spun in the hex cutout instead of actually working as intended. The only thing I could come up with was to stick thin washers between the nut and the surfaces the nut is supposed to engage. My plan worked perfectly on the pipes and one of the mufflers. Then one of the washers fell out. No matter which way I shook the muffler would let the washer come out. So now there's a washer rattling around in my drivers side muffler and it sounds awful when I cold start it, then it quiets down.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

I gotta take my mustang in for a rear wheel bearing, it's under warranty and all so I'm not really bent out of shape about it. I'm just wondering if they're going to replace it with a Ford part of an aftermarket part.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Alright cool. I just don't want to end up with a roadtech or some bullshit like that.

I used to deliver parts when I was in welding school and would take parts to dealerships, usually it was body filler and sandpaper/other body shop stuff, sometimes parts though.

E: my brother had an extended warranty on his wrangler and when he took it in for a power steering pump they wanted to put a reman pump on it. He had to fight with them to get a new one.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

It appears that the POS "x-pipe" that came with my FPP catback cracked and is causing a nasty rattling noise. Should I warranty my PoS xpipe with FPP/Borla, or just buy a true xpipe that isnt 2 stamped sheets welded together? I'm leaning towards true xpipe, the Steeda one looks alright but idk if it'll play nice with my pipes.

E: just got off the phone with borla and they're sending me a new x pipe, just hope this one isn't crap.

fps_bill fucked around with this message at 19:16 on May 7, 2019

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

My ac quit working so I figured since my car is still under warranty I'd let the dealership deal with it. Well I dropped it off Tuesday, they finally called today. It seems a mouse chewed the gently caress out of the harness going to my ac compressor, currently at 900 and some change to figure out why it wasnt working. Now o gotta wait for my insurance company to get with me, I was really hoping to have my car back this weekend but I dont think that's going to be the case.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

so apparently my brother hit a deer on his way to work tonight in my 17 GT PP car. He said the car is hosed, i seriously had new tires and an alignment done last week, and i paid it off friday too. super bummed about this.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Anyone else run into the p300/p308 codes? Everything online is saying intake manifold, called steeda this morning and ordered the gt350 intake manifold, and throttle body.

While I have everything off should I just go ahead and lockout the IMRC? About how much would that hurt my lower rpm power?

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Wrar posted:

Which car?

2017 mustang gt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

My ac quit working.........again.....last time a rodent chewed my ac harness, gonna look into that this weekend I guess.