Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

this is my 1996 mustang cobra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSrdi998ZH4

i spun a couple rod bearings about a year ago and i just got finished throwing a mach 1 engine in it a few months ago. I sent the transmission to thet45source to get 'street/strip built', it's got a full maximum motorsports coilover suspension/k-member all that stuff up front, and besides from a JLT ram air intake and BBK longtubes the engine is stock. It has 4.56 gears in it. Also a lovely MGW shifter. exhaust is the longtubes, bbk o/r x-pipe, and a mac catback with no exhaust tips. I think my mac mufflers are rusting on the inside because they're rattling so i'm about replace them with something but i'm not sure what. the best time i ever had in the 1/4 mile was a 13.9@103 with a hurt engine and 3.27:1 gears. I haven't had it back to the track yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

recent happenings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_s4ya2KxGM

and just bought this:

and now to slowly accumulate parts for the next couple months

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

Sir Lucius posted:

You are going to waste a lot of gas flooring the pedal just to hear the screw wind up.

...waste?

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

It looks like it's mostly new mustangs in this thread and I don't know how everyone feels about SN95s, but I have a 1996 cobra with a mach 1 engine and an eaton swap on top of that. I took it to the track last night which was my first time with the new engine and supercharger. the last time I had it at the track was 3 or 4 years ago with a lincoln mkviii longblock and I ran a 13.9 @101mph. This time with the supercharger, 4.10 gears and slicks I ran a 12.1 @ 115mph. the car can do 11s definitely but I wasn't launching very hard because I was scared to break something. The car makes 452rwhp and 460rwtq.

heres a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZXgrMOMkao
(the 2001 Mustang GT at the end is my coworkers car, it has a built bottom end, vortech supercharger, and cams making about 550rwhp)

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

Cage posted:

As far as I'm concerned us jerks with the old cars keep this thread alive. Thats a pretty sweet car, I remember you posting it last year so I dunno where you've been but welcome back.

Im surprised there are no foxbody owners in this thread, or at least that I know of. I want to say last time I looked at the mustang goon spreadsheet there was one guy with a foxbody.

i get the car running and it lasts for a couple weeks before something catastrophic happens. this time it's been running well for a month and a half so I have my fingers crossed

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

Cage posted:

Driving around Allegheny state park.
dark shadow gray is my favorite color, they had a DSG 2003 mustang cobra at a local dealership near me with 40,000 miles on it and I wanted it so bad.

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

Cage posted:

I miss the black sometimes but not in regards to keeping it clean. You know how many miles are on your mach engine? I've heard that they're not as reliable as the 2v motors the closer you get to 100k.

The guy I bought it from said he got it from an older man who barely drove it and it only had something like 32,000 miles on it when he was t-boned and totaled the car. I don't know anything about them being less reliable though.

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

I took a video of the eaton whining, I think I need drag radials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k26ZmKuvfKg

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

Cage posted:

Am I right that I'm not even hearing any tire screeching? That's impressive.

first and second gear it does nothing but spin, so I think you would hear it if the car wasn't so loud. If it's cool enough outside it'll spin through 3rd gear too.

Dick Burglar posted:

No crash or pedestrians maimed? 0/10.

I'll have to try harder next time.

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

Rebuilt my rear end with Yukon 31 spline axles and a ford racing 31 spline carrier last saturday so I could be more confident launching on the slicks. Before I could make my first pass tonight, a rear brake line popped while I was doing my burnout.

Feeling pretty defeated but at least it didn't happen when I hit the brakes cruising at 120mph. I'm going to try and replace all my lines before they close down the track for the winter, I want my 11 second pass.

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

RFC2324 posted:

so, my 2000 is no longer allowing the doors to be unlocked, and I am 2000 miles away. Before I tell my wife that this will definitely work, you can just push the rear seats down from inside the trunk to get into it, correct?

A little more detail: When I got the car there was no key for the door lock, which had been replaced. Instead of getting a key that worked with it, I just reprogrammed it for the fob for my other car so it would work. For some reason the power locks are not working, and she is locked out of the cabin, but the key still works for the trunk. I know you can get into the cabin from the trunk, but never had to do it myself so am not 100% sure how. The most definite thing I can find on the internet is that you should be able to just push down the seats, can anyone confirm this for me?

TIA

I did this in my 1996 mustang, but the straps to release the seats are inside the cabin. I kicked the seat from the trunk to get it to fold down and the latch still worked fine afterwards but don't hold me accountable if it breaks.

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

Probably one of the last times I'll have the car out this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO2VbwP8N1M

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

Here's a video with some pictures and clips over the last couple years of my supercharged cobra:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyYOSK68gl0

And then here's some clips of it after the built engine and cams:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db9zHALGl4Y

getting sad about it being so cold lately, I didn't get to drive it as much as I wanted this year.

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

Thanks guys, it really is a blast. There's nothing quite like the positive displacement blower with the instant torque.

this is the last pic I've taken of the car, the weekend before heading down to Fall Cruising OCMD:

(I had deleted power steering and brakes when i put the forged engine in and I really regretted it so this is me putting it all back in before taking it on the trip)

I really like how the car looks with the drag pack but I wanted to see how the mickey thompson ET Street R bias ply tires worked on the street and I only got 1000 miles out of them (not sure what I expected)

Here's a picture of my coworkers 2001 Mustang GT pulling a wheel up that has a built engine (Using the 96 teksid engine block that originally came out of my 96 cobra, fun fact) with a vortech v3si, Comp off the shelf cams, and an Edelbrock victor JR intake manifold:

Here's a video of that run, the launch isn't as good as that picture makes it look but I love how the BOV sounds during his burnout.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5rotLLULYc

and thats about it i think hes around 18lbs of boost and he put down I believe 620rwhp

JQADDINGMACHINE fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 14, 2018

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

thebigcow posted:

Finally launched a spark plug.

Silver lining: I think that was my mystery ticking sound so that'll be fixed.

that happened to me less than 1000 miles after i bought my cobra

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

F150 coyotes have a bunch of differences with mustang coyotes, like the intake manifold, camshafts, even the firing order is different. they still make great power and are just as strong as mustang coyotes afaik.

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

ilkhan posted:

Care to back up that the firing order is different? It's different on the voodoo, but afaik not between the coyotes.

Sure!

Looked it up, it's only different on 15+ f150 coyotes. 11-14 mustang/f150 share the same firing order and F150s 15+ use the same firing order as the older modular V8s. Really the only thing i can think of that this would affect is if you're swapping in a 15+ f150 engine and want to use aftermarket camshafts. edit: or maybe if you bought the engine and ECU/harness separately.

JQADDINGMACHINE fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Feb 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZTwINOsk30

It was in the 60's the other day so I took the fun car to work. sadly it's already back to like 40 degrees and raining.