Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

coupbrick posted:

Look at all the attention he got afterwards:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGhpYktFO80

Works as intended

Gonna need an alignment.

Even with advance trac and TC completely off (and more horsepower than this guy) I've never had mine get badly out of shape despite furious tire spinning. Tracks in a straight line surprisingly well so not really sure what all these guys are doing except maybe not having their front wheels pointed straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Mr-Spain posted:

That's Allen Parkway, which is crazy crowned and and very curved.

Yeah, I'd never really thought about road crowning, that could make a massive difference.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Raluek posted:

Wait, hang on, what do you drive? I don't recognize you, although I don't recognize a lot of people since that namechange thread. But a Mustang making more power than a GT350 definitely needs to be posted about!

2012. Mostly stock (little stuff but nothing really performance related since filters and resonator deletes don't really do anything for these AFAIK). Only factory options are the SVT Performance Package and stripe delete. Sooner or later I'll put a 2.9L Whipple on it or something. The fact that the factory powertrain warranty expired 5 months ago ups the likelihood of this happening soon by a large amount.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Raluek posted:

The '12 GT500 makes 550/510, doesn't it? Which is more than the GT350's 526/429. Not like they're really comparable, since one's a heavy-ish torque monster for the street whereas the other is a light high-revving track car.

It does.

2007-2009 = 500
2010 = 540
2011-2012 = 550
2013-2014 = 662

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

IOwnCalculus posted:

That's... quite surprising. Both sourced from C&D:

2011 GT500: 3751 pounds
2016 GT350R: 3710 pounds
2016 GT350 with track pack: 3790 pounds

The GT350 might have a bit less weight on the nose, though... C&D claims 55.7% on the GT500, Motor Trend says 54% on the GT350. Probably speaks a lot to how much stiffening the car up overall adds weight.

It wouldn't surprise me if IRS related facilities add 100+ pounds.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

ilkhan posted:

Best 100 pounds ever.

Definitely.

Unless you're drag racing.

Ford should have made a 2011-2014 GT500 with an auto. Would've loved to see a MM&FF article that they ran 10s in with just tires. And then the follow up article where they ran 9s with just the Ford Racing supercharger upgrade kit.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I had to put a battery tender on my Mustang the other day due to a string of lovely weather. Usually there are enough 50 degree plus sunny days in Northern Nevada in Jan/Feb that I manage to get it out a couple times a month, but not this year. Hopefully I didn't kill the battery permanently.

Need to get the oil changed, too.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

ilkhan posted:

scrubs season six: Reno?

Yep.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I just remembered I've got an MGW shifter for my TR-6060 that I bought forever ago that I was holding off on installing in case I got some of the dreaded TR-6060 grinds. My powertrain warranty expired nine months ago so I want to install it this weekend but I also don't want to lay on cold rear end concrete for hours so I'll probably wait for it to warm up a bit.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

LongSack posted:

What is the consensus on ground effect lighting?

It's awesome if you're planning on going back in time to 1997.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

LongSack posted:

I just have this vague desire to do something to it, but I have no idea what it is I want to do. I've already added an upgraded exhaust, hard-wired in a dash cam and radar detector, and put in a full set of WeatherTech liners. I bought a really sweet front license plate with a chrome embossed pony logo, but TN doesn't use front plates so there's no holes

The sound system is pretty drat good, so replacing it would be a poo poo-ton of money for probably an incremental gain.

Hopefully, once warm weather gets here (spring is coming in cold and wet this year) and I can actually drive it with lid down this feeling will go away.

I wouldn't do it. Even when underbodies were cool they weren't really cool. But at the same time I'm a big proponent of doing whatever the gently caress you want and who cares what anyone else thinks. I'm just saying I wouldn't.

I don't know poo poo about the S-550s (I'm a 197 man) but a spoiler swap was always nice imo on the 197s. Like upgrading to a California Special or GT500 spoiler.

I've always been pretty happy with my Mustang sound system but even so I bought new 6x8s for the doors and rear deck. But mine is the Shaker 500 IIRC and has 8" woofers in the door which makes a big difference. It blows the poo poo out of the 10 speaker system in my F-150 and I think it's 1/2 those two woofers and 1/2 the fact that the cabin the Mustang is so much smaller.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Buhbuhj posted:

Beautiful day out today so I got my summer wheels on and cleaned off some of the winter dirt thats been on there for months.

I need to paint my tailpipes...

drat that looks good

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My Mustang left the garage for the first time in about 8 months today. I moved 8 months ago and just never really had time to get it out until winter hit so finally got it out today and got the oil changed. I had to explain to the Jiffy lube guy twice that he didn't have bulk synthetic 5w50 so the oil was in the trunk. Also it was like 48 bucks despite bringing my own oil and filter so I may go back to changing my own oil.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I drive a BBW posted:

I went and test drove a 2018 GT and now I want to make a bad financial decision. Everyone needs four cars right?

My wife disagrees but also knows deep down that as soon as I pay off my truck I will go buy another car which will put me at 4 (5 if we're talking household cars and count her shitpile).

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

H2SO4 posted:

Yeah, towed against my will unfortunately. It's a special kind of hell watching a couple dickheads break into your car and tow it on the dashcam.

I got free time so I'll be going after them if they don't want to pay which I fully expect to be the case. Worst case scenario if I don't get any traction I'll just file a comp claim and let progressive sue them, I just don't wanna go that route if I can avoid it.

Whyd you get towed?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

5.0s have gotten too expensive that's more than my 2012 GT500 was /crotchety old man

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Mustangs have however many doors Ford wants them to have

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Top Hats Monthly posted:

This car is ugly

Itís way better looking than the Model Y.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

They look a lot better on a white car, gonna get some for my GT500.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Every time I look at gears itís so goddamn expensive it only makes sense if youíre doing something radical like going from 3.31 to 4.56s or some poo poo and I also worry about it getting installed by Goober thatís usually in charge of oil changes and doesnít know what backlash is

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jun 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Got an email update from Ford saying the Mustang Mach-e GT I reserved will be available starting late Summer 2021.