Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Thanks for making me rage by reminding me of the "gotta-have-it" test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

frozenphil posted:

That is goddamn hideous.

frozenphil posted:

That is not.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

frozenphil posted:

We have dropped a rating star! I guess people are getting jealous. :smug:

I know of one angry M3 owner who voted this a 1!

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Does anyone know a place where it may be possible to get a 2013 GT500 for MSRP? 650hp for ~$50k is pretty drat tempting.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

Are they even in production yet? 2013 model year probably means some time this summer.

Yeah, I meant to place an order which I guess isn't even possible yet. I have a friend at a dealer in the south who thinks the could do it for MSRP.

I'd heard a rumor the price bump will only be 5% but that's only speculation.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

I just bit the bullet and bought a fully loaded '12 GT with 4000 miles for $26,500.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

frozenphil posted:

This is as well and good, but we still need pics.

Sorry, was waiting until the deal officially closed.

GT Premium with the Brembos and 3.73s. Also has the Rousch catback.

Thinking of ordering this: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetails.php?PartID=724&CategoryID=225&ModelID=35 but listening for other suspension recommendations.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

bowling 4 buttcoins posted:

How about investing that into a driving course to maximize your skills instead of messing up the stock suspension geometry?

I've done that, and the stock suspension geometry leaves something to be desired.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Das Volk posted:

How about you stop crashing your lovely GTI into things before YOU go messing up your suspension geometry?

Oh, that's lovebread? Literally the last person to be giving driving advice to anyone.

Das Volk posted:

I've been told that the progressive-rate springs are what contribute to the car feeling a lot heavier than it is. Certain people will rage til he's blue in the face about it but I agree with you on needing something to fix the wallowy feel and wheel hop. Lighter wheels might help too.

Yeah, supposedly this combo adds quite a bit to the feeling. I do agree that the car is a bit floaty stock, but I think it's quicker than it feels.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

frozenphil posted:

FYI: BAMA was the shop popping '11+ 5.0 engines awhile back.

Really? I was considering a tune by them.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Trying to decide what mods I want to buy with my bonus check next week. Thinking of the Boss Manifold + engine brace, a CAI, tune, and maybe http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetails.php?PartID=724&CategoryID=225&ModelID=35 or http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetails.php?PartID=857&CategoryID=225&ModelID=35.

Anyone have any inputs on this? Basically looking for the best all around bang for the buck.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

optikalus posted:

If you lower the rear, you'll also need an adjustable panhard bar or your axle will shift quite a bit to the left. This puts extra wear on your bushings and stuff.

Hmm, really? I had thought the strano kits were pretty complete. I definitely want to do the suspension and lower the car as I can't stand the stock stance. Any suggestions on kits?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

I thought the Ford stuff was a bit pricey for what you get?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Just got my car delivered. Oh god, the Roush exhaust sounds amazing. The 3.73s are a little nutty but so far pretty fun.

Only drawback in the car is the low tire pressure warning is on, but all the tires seem fine. Guess it's a faulty sensor.

I had to take it to get it cleaned first thing since the deliver guy ran into a freak snowstorm in New Mexico:

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Muffinpox posted:

Is the FRPP tune also limited? My friend has one with the 3.83s and even with the FRPP it handles WOT in first gear without any issues even on the stock 235s. I always chalked it up to having a really awesome TC/rear suspension set up.

My car is absolutely retarded in 1st and occasionally 2nd with the 3.73s.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

kronix posted:

I will agree with 3.55s first gear is stupid I almost never bother going wot until I'm in 2nd and even then it's risky

I'm hoping wider tires will help. The stock brembo rims can fit 275s, right?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Got my quarterly bonus and wanted to fix the massive wheel gap. I assume this is a pretty good setup:
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12198

Anything else I should look at? Where is the best price to get this from?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

shodanjr_gr posted:

Isn't one supposed to get an adjustable panhard rod after a certain amount of drop?

1" is the absolute bare minimum drop I've seen and about all I'd want. I've seen others at 1.5", maybe that needs the rod?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

frozenphil posted:

You want an adjustable panhard rod with any drop as the factory panhard rod will kick the rear axle out to one side once you start changing ride height from stock.

Any suggestions for one? Anything else recommended for that kit?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

coolskillrex remix posted:

If you guys could get a 2002 roush 360R with the stage 3 kit for $15k would you do it? it has 33,000 miles.

Just how good is the stage 3 in terms of handling? I am actually not that crazy about the looks of the 360R, the racing stripes attract a bit too much attention, all i care about is the supercharger and total rework of the suspension.

edit: also the guy is accepting offers so im sure i could offer 14k in cash/check right now and he would probably take it

No, I'd get a 2003-2004 Cobra. Because those things are nuts.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Termis are nice but extremely overpriced. one with 33,000 miles would probably sell for $21-$22k easily, people have stupid boners over them. Their interior is still a New Edge interior which is one of the worst interiors ive ever seen (for reference i own a 99 GT so i have to live with it every day, im not just hating). Why people dont spend the extra money and just get a GT premium ill never understand.

Oh, wow. I thought their pricing had come back down to earth. Considering I just paid $26k for a 2012 GT Premium, paying $22k for a Terminator is insanity.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Chipped a rim on a curb. Kind of wanting to get rid of the stock Brembo rims anyways, is there any reason to not pick these up:
http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale.com/proddetail.asp?prod=05GT500MBWTPNT555

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

This websites slow as gently caress to checkout. Kind of lovely.

Im guessing shipping isnt free so add $100-$150 for the whole thing..

At that price i would rather have american muscle AMR wheels and ventus V12s

http://www.americanmuscle.com/charcoal-amr-19x95-0512.html
http://www.americanmuscle.com/charcoal-amr-19x85-0512.html

Theyre straight up knock offs of the $300 RTR wheel, its not like the RTR wheel is anything special though material wise, theyre $300 purely because of the name

Theres about one billion pictures of mustangs with rtr wheels on various forums, but i think its the best looking aftermarket wheel out there.

edit: also these are 18" wheels, which i think look weak on the new 5.0s. The cars simply too big for anything smaller than a 19" to look well proportioned. For reference your current brembo wheels are 19" as well

edit: ventus are about $1000 for a set of 4 staggered. whoooops

Yeah, I actually wanted to go with 18s because finding 19" tires is a huge pain in the rear end. The AMR wheels are definitely better looking, but I was hoping to get 10" wide in the rear.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Not sure what you mean by finding them. Finding local places with 19" tires? or tires dont come in R19"?

Meaning it doesn't cost a fortune for a decent tire, which is what I've seen so far. Although these prices aren't bad for the 19" stuff.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

kronix posted:

Can you clear the Brembos with 18's?

Certain 18s, yes.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Ok, I think I'm going to order these wheels from American Muscle. Anyone have a code for them? Apparently they give 15% codes to members of Mustang sites with over 50 posts.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Where did you hear this? I hope its true but i severely doubt it.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/american-muscle-321/655187-discount-code-americanmuscle-read-me.html

I've seen it on a few other sites. I just haven't posted on any of them.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Hmm, actually now i recall seeing this then forgot about it entirely. I ordered poo poo from american muscle without it :(

edit: what the poo poo, someone stole my username on svtperformance that i have NEVER had registered before me.

drat. I really want a code now because it will save me like $200.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Im chipping away but holy gently caress this takes forever theres like a billion forums. Youre getting the 19" right.. right? :stare:

18" because it's $400 cheaper for wider tires, the Brembos fit, and the wheels are lighter. I'm going to get the Steeda Springs, Koni Dampers, and GT500 strut mounts at the same time I think.

frozenphil posted:

You guys can use my modularford profile link if you want, but it probably won't do you any good as I regularly bash AM. :/

Why do you bash them? Should I not order from them? If I should, you should whitewash your account!

Comrade Flynn fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Feb 24, 2012

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

frozenphil posted:

I kinda led the crusade against them when no one wanted to say what shop was popping Coyote engines with their lovely tune. I have no problem with them as a retail shop and they give back to the community a ton. I'd have no issues shopping for parts through them, but I wouldn't order a tune or an engine from them. In your case, go for it.

At any rate, modularfords doesn't have a real administrator so their site is a nightmare crush of layout and design stupidity right now and I can't find the procedure to get the code.

Oh poo poo, that was them? I heard about that fiasco.

I think you just PM the person that made this: http://www.modularfords.com/f199/am-discount-code-read-first-148121/

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

frozenphil posted:

Alright, PMed him. They've probably forgotten about me as I haven't posted in several months.

Let me know, I think my cart of stuff is up to $2k :(

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

frozenphil posted:

I'll need some contact info for you since you don't have PMs.

kpflynn (at) gmail.com

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

And now I'm $2000 poorer. Actually, not a bad deal for a full set of rims, tires, GT500 mounts, Konis, and Steedas.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Smog place gave me a $5 discount for having a good sounding car. Thanks, Roush catback!

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

So I got a call from the shop about my order of http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetails.php?PartID=822&CategoryID=225&ModelID=35 to let me know that my order would be delayed...

...because they are having a sale on that starting Thursday and didn't want to overcharge me. Pretty A+ customer service!

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Comrade Flynn posted:

So I got a call from the shop about my order of http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetails.php?PartID=822&CategoryID=225&ModelID=35 to let me know that my order would be delayed...

...because they are having a sale on that starting Thursday and didn't want to overcharge me. Pretty A+ customer service!

So my new price is $620 shipped. Pretty good deal for this setup.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

ssspy007 posted:

Have you read any reviews of those shocks? They really aren't much more than the Tokico Blues I was looking at getting. I know Koni's stuff is usually topnotch though.

Nothing but good things. People seemed to prefer them to the FRPP package.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

No theyre on the v6 as well

Also, it's the '10s on up isn't it?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

I kinda want to get one to replace my '12 GT, but double the price for an extra 200 unusable horsepower is convincing me otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

New wheels installed, thanks to this thread. Lowering springs and suspension will go on soon. Anyone want to buy some old brembo wheels?!