Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I just bought a 2017 gt in lightning blue. Coming from a 2007 v6, new car is fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I'll get some more pictures tomorrow, these are just some quick ones I took before I drove it off the lot.

No CA special. This is the 300A trim. I actually like the simple base stuff more. Got automatic since I was tired of driving manual in the traffic around here. Plus the paddle shifters are kind of neat.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Rolo posted:

Same except transmission. I like cloth over leather, and the packages being so un-customizable left me with a non-premium GT. I've also grown to love the interface of the small radio screen, super easy to navigate my iPhone library using an old school dial pad keyboard, which is apparently like riding a bike.

The big sync3 screen was a major I wanted the 300a, no touch screens for me. Even though the numpad is a little silly, I like how it kind of gives it that fighter jet look.

edit here's a pic of the color when it's overcast.

Sir Lucius fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Nov 1, 2016

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
One thing about lightning blue, you can't trust the color ford has on its site. Mine is a lot brighter. After driving it for a month I still catch myself staring at it from time to time. It's very pretty.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
You are going to waste a lot of gas flooring the pedal just to hear the screw wind up.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I have 3.15s on my GT auto which is my daily driver. To and from work I spend about 1 hour in the car. My mpg is 23, which I think is ok for a 5 liter engine. The sweetspot speed seems to be 80 mph at that ratio, so unless you get 4.10s I don't think you'll feel much of a negative impact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Buhbuhj posted:

It's literally just 3m red pinstriping tape. You can pick it up at autozone or amazon or anywhere. All the black trim has a flat(ish) spot on it that you can follow. I did my whole car by eye because you can just keep it even with the bottom line.
It looks really loving good. I think I might do something similar to mine since I have a small scuff on my front valence, right where the tape could go.