Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owsla
Aug 31, 2003

Where are my bitches?

Cream_Filling posted:

I wanted to be excited, but what advantage does this offer over the 5.0 Mustnag? Looks like minimal difference in weight, increased complexity from the TT system. Will it offer better fuel economy? I'm no engineer so this is only my wild speculation here.

To me the advantage is easy power. A boost controller, tune, and exhaust = V8 stomping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owsla
Aug 31, 2003

Where are my bitches?

frozenphil posted:

Automotive Insanity. None of our choices in vehicles makes sense, if they did we'd all be in a Camry and this forum wouldn't exist.

I like driving a vehicle that will let me turn the tires into smoke whenever I feel the need to be a moron. I like having an exhaust so obnoxious that the little bank teller chick in her Corolla next to me at the light gives me a dirty look and rolls up her window so she can hear the person she's chatting with on her cell phone. I like the feeling of being pushed back into the seat when the light goes green and humbling the redneck in the lane next to me who thinks he turned his truck into a supercar because he cut off the mufflers. I like that the balding guy at the other pump at the gas station filling up his mini-van won't make eye contact with me out of embarrassment.

gently caress sane, rational vehicles; I want something that lets the rest of the bullshit in my life melt away when I turn the key and put my foot on the loud pedal.

This is so exactly everything I love about my Lightning.

kronix posted:

And with convenient side pipes, you practically pipe noise right into their drives side window.

This too.

Owsla
Aug 31, 2003

Where are my bitches?

Cream_Filling posted:

Who makes a bolt-on electronically actuated exhaust cut-out? The idea of a "loud mode switch" appeals to me.

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/index.php

Owsla
Aug 31, 2003

Where are my bitches?

OrganizedEntropy posted:

Apparently DMH cutouts have much better quality; the QTP ones are prone to failure. Heck, I had mine on for 2 months before the servo failed, and I was only opening and closing the cutout once a week.

http://www.dmhperformance.com/

Good to know. Right now I'm loud as hell all the time but I'll probably wind up with a cutout someday on something so thanks for the tip.