Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.
I had a Fusion before my Mustang, MFT in both cars and never had any problems with either. This is the main reason I didn't wait for a 2016 model. The voice commands work really well for me also, and I've had people comment when I'm on the phone with them with the windows down they can't even tell. Has anyone used sync3 yet? I guess the escape and fiesta have it already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.

ilkhan posted:

They all have backup cam. But good buy anyway.

Now, WHERE ARE THE PICS?!

My spreadsheet of AI cars shows 3 2015 Mustang GTs. All are DIB. You have good taste, but not the better taste that would lead you to Guard.

I saw a Fusion in Guard, it's pretty nice but I'm sorry, DIB is the right color :D

Was going to give it a rest for once after getting home from work, but now... she needs to stretch her legs.

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.
I'm in the same positon, only a bit further north than you - southern indiana. I'm debating whether to get winter tires at all, I have a work vehicle that I drive so I could possibly get away with that all winter except for visiting family out of town, in which case renting something would be a lot cheaper... Not being able to drive my car for a few months is killing me though!

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.
I have those same 20" wheels with the pirellis. I can just keep it in the garage until spring but I don't think I could bear to not drive it that long, so to go back to his original quesion, where's a good place to get a set of wheels and tires? I've been looking at tire rack and a set there is around $1250 but have no frame of reference price wise.

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.
Well if the cool kids are doing it, I guess it's okay! (I love my car and want to drive it whenever I can)

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.
Welcome to the club! That is a great looking color, but I'm biased towards DIB :P Any plans for it, or going to leave it stock for a while?

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.

ilkhan posted:

I've only run normal mode so far. I tried sport+ but it was a bit twitchy for me (though I liked how much easier it was to blip the throttle when downshifting).
Likewise I went back to normal steering feel, the wheel was just too light to me.

$289 later I have a new tire and 4 road hazard coverages to replace my new tire + nail that my passenger rear tire turned into at less than 125 miles in.

That's better than the pothole I hit around Chicago that cause me to need 2 new tires due to the large bubble in the sidewalls... Thank god I was near the Tire Rack distribution center in Indiana.

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.

kalvick posted:

I am going to enter a car show as the last thing I am going to do with the Mustang this year before I put her into storage.
I want to do an above and beyond level of car detailing to get her really clean.

I am not really sure how to clean my leather seats. before I used to just get some leather cleaner from the store and lather it all over my seats.
it made everything clean and shiny which makes the leather look 10 years older than it really is.

I recently purchased a set or Leather Corbeau seats, and they have a matte leather finish on them. I am worried that when I clean them they will become glossy
which I want to avoid. is there a way to clean them / UV protect them...etc... and keep the matte finish?

Curious, what do you use for tire shine?

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.
That's my feeling too, I don't want glossy tires, just that new tire look.

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.

mechaet posted:

Griot's Rubber & Vinyl Dressing makes tires look new, with no gloss, and lasts quite a bit.

Hey, they have a distribution center near me and I can save on shipping... good recommendation, thanks!

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.

ilkhan posted:

Another DIB for the DIB club. Looks good Kinfolk. Get out and drive.

Mine is 2 days shy of a month old and I have less than 500 miles on it. :/

Second this, get out and drive before winter gets here! Somehow I've put 1000 miles a month on mine the 4 months I've had it driving with nowhere to go :D

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.
I am fortunate enough to live within driving distance of Tire Rack's distribution center, and I'm wondering... who thinks I can get a set of tires inside my car? I think they'd just fit, has anyone managed it?

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.
A four door mustang wouldn't work, they would have to change the shape of the roof too much. There'd be no head room for the rear passengers otherwise, just like now.

I've noticed the dashboard rattle under the headlight panel but it seems to come and go, and most of the time I can't tell the difference between it or my phone mount on the vent.

After much deliberating, I just got winter shoes installed, car looks good with black wheels. I was able to fit 1 tire in the trunk and 3 in the back seats with the passenger seat moved up, no problem.

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.

kimbo305 posted:

Edmunds mixed up the front and rear tires on their longterm '15 GT:
http://www.edmunds.com/ford/mustang/2015/long-term-road-test/2015-ford-mustang-gt-source-of-mysterious-noise-identified.html

I sympathize -- I'd expect a car with staggered wheels to warrant staggered tires, making it visually obvious (and at least obvious by inspection of the tire code) which wheel went where.

On top of all that, no one noticed any odd handling. Granted, it wasn't tracked on this wrong setup, but still. Maybe that cm or so of different offset doesn't really show itself.

It looks like they have the PP, I wonder if it's specific to those wheels/package? I'll have to check the stock 20" I have off my car currently to see what those say.

Edit - actually it looks like only the PP has a staggered setup.

ArthurDent fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 3, 2015

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.

El Scotch posted:

Interesting; how hard was it to swap with all the buttans? (or is there basically a connecter on the column and a connector on the wheel that mate together)

Here's a writeup on how to do it http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34155

The part that would make me nervous would be messing with the airbag but if you're confident in what you're doing it looks pretty easy.

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.

ilkhan posted:

I like the buttons on the steering wheel. Though I wish there was an actual play/pause button. Having the right side center be source change is just stupid.

4.5 months old. Just about ready to tick over 2k miles. I don't drive much. :/

Isn't that what the mute button does? That's what I use it for

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.

Asian Babe Lover posted:

The car I ordered back in July finally came in:

Congrats, these are so sexy... hopefully you didn't have to pay too much over sticker :xd:

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.
Saw my first GT350 in person drive by me today, still had the temp tags on it. Heard it before I saw it. They sound SO good, I hope Ford has more plans for that engine. New Lightning perhaps?

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.

ilkhan posted:

FYI, Guard looks real good when freshly washed and waxed.

You're going to say that and not provide pictures?

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.
Washed and waxed today, happy with the results. I've had the car a year now, still loving it every time I drive, which is never often enough. Just over 7k miles on it.

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.

Buhbuhj posted:

PP suspension would not be fun on UK roads so you are probably better off not getting it. It's very bouncy and most people end up replacing the springs and dampers in them anyway.

Man, the stock suspension is pretty bouncy already, the PP is worse? The worst is when you're driving on concrete highway. The gap in the concrete panels seem to be just far enough apart the suspension bounces rhythmically and gets annoying after hours of driving. What's the best way to fix this, by the way?

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.

boxcarhobo posted:

help me mustang thread, I did a bad thing

I went to look at mustangs today, and accidentally came home with

2016 GT performance pack, 300a with the cloth power bucket seats, right at 36k with taxes and tags

Nice, I always liked the ruby red, you're going to love it!

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.
It's stories like these that make me appreciate my local Ford dealership more, they seem like good people.

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.

I'm interested in this, presumably you keep your warranty if you go through the dealership? The extra 40lb-ft down low is what really tempts me.

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.

kalvick posted:

NOPE! dealer warranties the car if its stock. If the dealer installs a part, that is its own separate warranty.

I had this fight with Ford before.
Buying Ford parts from a Ford dealer to be installed by Ford techs in your Ford car voids the warranty on that part.
meaning.....

If you buy a stock mustang it comes with 3yr/36000 mile warranty. If you remove en engine part to install a supercharger.
you have 2 separate warrantied things now

So if your car breaks down because an axle broke it will get fixed because the Franchise owner will get reimbursed from Fords HQ.
If your supercharger broke your engine thats an aftermarket part did that and there is no warranty on the engine.
The dealer will say that an aftermarket install broke the engine. You are on the hook for that. Then you get to have a really awesome fight that drags out forever.

If the supercharger breaks and the engine is ok you got to call ford racing and start the rma process with them. otherwise the dealer will do it for you and you will have to pay for everything
but then you have to do all the follow up with ford HQ to get a reimbursement which is a slow painful process. Why should ford pay for something that you already paid for? you are going to have
to prove and justify everything. its a pain in the rear end.

The Ford dealer is a franchise, they are just there to sell cars and fix cars and take your money.
They dont give a s*** about you and the franchise is not going to pay money out of their pockets to fix your car.

you are in it for the long haul with Ford main HQ. once they agree to pay then you can go to the dealer.
but the dealer is in no way going to help you fix your car and/or volunteer for free. They are not going to squeeze you in for a free repair when
there are other paying customers they can sell products too first.

my advice.... let the warranty slide and then start modding the crap out of your car.

Copied from Ford's Power Pack warranty details:

quote:

Installation of these select Ford Performance and mountune warranted performance packs and
components by an authorized installer will NOT void your New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Engine, driveline
and suspension concerns not caused by the use of Ford Performance or mountune parts remain eligible for
warranty coverage according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Ford Performance and mountune parts are aftermarket parts. The use of Ford Performance and mountune
parts may impact the performance characteristics of other systems of the vehicle. Even when operating properly,
Ford Performance and mountune parts, such as these, have the potential to adversely impact other systems of
the vehicle. If an adverse impact is caused by a warranted Ford Performance or mountune performance pack or
component, the period and coverage of this Ford Performance Limited Warranty applies to the repairs.

So, you're right. If something were to happen, you would likely have to fight to get it fixed and it isn't worth the hassle. To be honest, I enjoy my car as it is... maybe that will change in a few years.

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.

Larrymer posted:

Lol. More modern torque based ECUs don't work that way, bro. You may get more airflow (and dirt and particles because the filters generally don't filter as well) but the ECU will compensate and keep the torque amount about the same. On older cars they can make a bit more power if the ECU doesn't compensate and it leans out the stock calibration, but that's not really how it works anymore.

Source: Calibration & controls engineer.

I too am not trying to sell you anything. Quite the opposite. :v:

Many CAI for the S550 GT also require a tune, presumably for this reason.

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.
I think the Charger has kind of made the need for a high speed pursuit specific vehicle kind of unnecessary, but you'll still see a few mustangs used as undercover cars by state troopers in the midwest at least.

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.

Buhbuhj posted:

...and you won't ever lose the car.

Is that a challenge? :P

Seriously though, I still haven't put my car in track mode... there's no point right? I use sport all the time but as I understand it track just gives you a little more leeway before the aids kick in, right?

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.

Phanatic posted:

Plus I have no urge to take possession of a RWD sports car with summer tires just as a Philly winter begins. I can wait until March.

You'll have to get winter tires/wheels eventually anyway...

Just reaffirming, definitely get the exact car you want and don't settle for less. You don't want any regrets on such a large purchase and you'll love what you end up with.

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.
Who knows what the exact options will be on the 2018 models, but I have noticed the 20" wheels now come with all seasons standard with summer tires an extra option. This would get you all seasons but a bit meatier tires that may make up for that. Of course, this would still mean more expensive tires when it's time for replacement.

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.

Buhbuhj posted:

They are Continental Wintercontact SI's. I was able to get a very good deal on them from a mechanic friend. I believe they are like a mid-range tire? On dry roads they are very quiet but you still can't feel anything through them. Extremely good grip in the snow, though.

Seconding this, they're what I got as well and while I haven't had the pleasure of driving them in the snow yet I'm really pleased with them.

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.
Feel free to call me crazy here, but if you squint just right... does this look like they stole some styling cues from the new Camaro? Are they converging into one car, starting with the transmission?

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.
drat, that really sucks. At least you're okay, you can always get another car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.

ilkhan posted:

Two is the proper number of turbos.

Something I think we can all agree on.