Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parabellum
Feb 26, 2004
Si Vis Pace
335 kilowatts is about 450 horsepower and if you look at the torque curve its as flat as a pancake once it reaches 2000 rpm. Evidently, its being intentionally limited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parabellum
Feb 26, 2004
Si Vis Pace

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Yeah I figured it was corked, I just wonder why they didn't just use the regular 5.0 in the name of simplicity.

Branding, for the most part. But its not really the regular 5.0 either. Its got a complete forged rotating assembly by FPV and the blower, of course.
We might get the basic 5.0 here at the end of the year for the XR8 FGII.

Parabellum
Feb 26, 2004
Si Vis Pace

Cream_Filling posted:

I wanted to be excited, but what advantage does this offer over the 5.0 Mustnag? Looks like minimal difference in weight, increased complexity from the TT system. Will it offer better fuel economy? I'm no engineer so this is only my wild speculation here.

I could guarantee that the EcoBoost Mustang would get better mileage than the Duratec in the 2011. If the EcoBoost was fitted to the base spec car in a low output tune, every Mustang sold will improve the brands MPG figures.

That is only going to get more important as time goes on, with the incoming mileage standards.

Parabellum
Feb 26, 2004
Si Vis Pace
One thing that Adelaide really surprised me when I first went was the car culture. Im probably going to hit up the Classic Adelaide again at the end of the year..

Thats from the last visit. Good times!