Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Great exhaust note

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Yeah summers are fine in the rain. Well, don't go buying a drag strip tire or whatever.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
What is the point of that

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Would it really cost $2000?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Maybe it's stupid but I honestly love the sound of a V8 vs a turbo V6...

By the way, I am just curious, is there an easy way externally to tell apart the 3.7L (2011+) from the 4.0L V6 models?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
It's just some random photo-illustration. In fact I think it's pretty old now.
ah here it is, june 2009
http://www.mykarre.com/blog/view/id_27/title_Tuning-Bilder-Fake-Virtual-Tuning-Vol-5/

Kia Soul Enthusias fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Apr 22, 2011

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Killbot posted:

But all concepts are like that, with huge 24" flush wheels and pillbox-cockpits. I'm sure Ford will tone it down, but they're going to go past the current styling for something more contemporary. If "One Ford" is going to be applied to the Mustang, it's going to have a more global style with European elements, like it or not.

The picture has nothing to do with Ford and is not a concept

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Yeah I thought it was obvious :)
Your post was a bit ambiguous to me though.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
hahaha funny.

I've driven stick plenty but in a place like Los Angeles I think I would have an automatic commuter unless I worked at night.
Still, if you have a stick shift in traffic you should practice leaving lots of room ahead of you so you are not constantly stopping and starting. Well, you should do this with auto too. It's much easier that way and better in the end.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

cobalus posted:

Here's a detour from the transmission debate. Hope you don't mind.

I live in the San Gabriel Valley area of Southern California, and I have a 1969 Mustang coupe that is in need of bodywork and paint. There are many body shops within a few miles of my home, but hardly any have a website that provides much useful information. Most shops that do have websites seem to focus mainly on collision repair for newer vehicles, which is not exactly what I need.

Is there anyone in my area who has had a good experience with a shop that specializes in restoring classic muscle cars? If not, can anyone suggest a better method than Google for tracking down a good restoration shop?

I think you should post in this thread. LobsterboyX or another poster might know.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3362175

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

frozenphil posted:

The most useless car: Convertible, v6, manual transmission Mustang

I thought the latest convertible had pretty OK reviews but I don't have any of my magazines with me to check. And now that the V6 has 305hp or so it's not bad!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
A proper OBD-II code reader should tell you which systems are ready and which are not. On my Mazda it can take 300 miles to set the ready flag for the EVAP system, for example. Some of the tests can only be run under specific operating conditions so it takes a while.

If you really want, I'm sure there is a very specific driving method outlined in the Ford service manual to get the car ready as quickly as possible, but unless you have to do an emissions check anytime soon, just ignore it.

Kia Soul Enthusias fucked around with this message at 23:32 on May 15, 2011

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

frozenphil posted:

You need to do a good bit of gutting to get a '94+ chassis under 3300lbs; the same amount of gutting will put a fox body around 2800lbs. Handling is addressed in both the fox and SN-95 chassis in the same way with nearly the same parts, so that's a wash.

I think the Fox body has kind of a legendary mythos to it, too, especially in connection to the "5.0", even though the first SN-95s had 'em also.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
wrecked on a neighborhood street :doh:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Make sure your speakers are in phase. I've heard it can make a strange muddy sound if they are opposite.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
"It's driver error"
"It's by design"
-Every warranty department ever

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Simple question for you guys. Got a convertible rental. Do the cigarette lighter ports ever turn off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
That's weird for an accessory outlet, especially one in the armrest. One of those Ford things like not having a real wiper stalk I guess.

Nice car though, can't complain about 305hp even if the auto tries to keep it in the highest gear possible. Will the next iteration of the dashboard still be retro or are they going to make it more legible? The speedometer goes to 160 but because it's a semicircle it's hard to see the smaller gradients. Nitpicky, I know.

Anyways, here are some pictures.