Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Any of you guys have a Mustang as your only car in the northeast? How do you deal with snow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

kronix posted:

You put snow tires and rims in your budget and you take your time. That's all you can really do.

I'm switching from a 4x4 to a mustang but my 4x4 is only worth like 2500. I'm thinking of keeping both for the snow but that seems wasteful haha.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I'm waiting on one to come in with the right options and getting ansy. I want Black or Lava Red in an Automatic v6 or GT Premium with the electronics and comfort package...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I'm thinking of ordering a 2012 to make sure I get a config that I want but I'm worried that I'd have a better chance of getting a good deal if i'm going in there negotiating on a car thats in stock... Advice?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Can any of you guys who have bought Mustangs recently share how much you were able to wrangle off of MSRP for the cars?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ordered a 2012 V6 Premium today in Lava Red with the electronics pack. Is it 4-6 weeks already?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

kronix posted:

Great color and nice car, you'll love it. I waited 9 weeks(ordered late July, received early October) for my Mustang and the biggest variable is where you bought it. Smaller dealers have less allocations so it might be 4 weeks before you even get a VIN and a build date shortly after. Keep on top of the dealership.

That actually makes me feel better since I got it from the largest ford dealer in NJ...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Does anyone have a recent mustang with the electronics package? Like it?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I love it. The navigation screen is as big as my iPad and it responds well to touch - not laggy or awkward. The screen resolution is also very good, even when you're not watching a DVD. All in all it was worth buying. The Sync is a nice feature that I just don't use often because of how little I drive the car, but nice nonetheless.

Good to hear. My mustang is gonna have it and it looked awesome. Just wanted to double check.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

kronix posted:

That's surprisingly reasonable. I'll just leave this image right here (sorry you have to click, it's a table breaker)

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/birdman941/Stuff/IMG_0885.jpg

Can't they just order one for you?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

RockSmart posted:

Yeah. It's really, really good. My buddy does carputer installs and gave me a lot of poo poo for going factory but it's just too good. Some features I like:

50 miles to empty, the navigation automatically shows you gas stations and prices along your route

travellink plays a sound and shows a popup if a wreck happens ahead on the road you're driving

ipod/bluetooth integration works really well, keeps track of my audiobook progress and resumes

voice command keeps me from driving off the road while I mess with it

Do you pay for that sirius traffic service too?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

RockSmart. Have you used the 10GB hard drive to store music?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

A.o.D. posted:

What are factory 5.0s getting with drag radials? 11.6?

If they try that, just leave. Don't comment, just walk out.

I did the same exact thing at a dealer a few weeks ago. They were advertising a really good deal with a matching down payment up to 5k and when i walked in they told me it was only one 1 car on the lot and wouldn't order a car for me without a 10% markup. I walked.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

One more thing. Do any of you guys have black leather interiors? How hot does it get in the summer?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Elephanthead posted:

Chevrolet sold 8,964 Camaros in March compared with Ford moving 8,557 Mustangs. For the first three months of the year, the score is 19,972 Camaros to 15,419 Mustangs. Last year, the two were neck-and-neck some months and Ford is justifiably proud of Mustang, so it's interesting that Camaro is pulling so far ahead.

These numbers are for 2011. Old people like bow ties.

I think the Camaro is pretty cool looking but the interior is horrible and really cramped especially for a taller guy like myself.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Neight posted:

I probably had the right to do a lot of things, I feel pretty good about exercising my right to get up and walk away and talk poo poo about him for the rest of the weekend, and of course talk poo poo about him on the internet (it was All American Ford in Old Bridge, NJ). That car was on the edge of being too expensive anyway, even if I talked them down to where I needed it to be.

I went into the place that the family business has a fleet account and I think they're going to hook me up. Hopefully my next post will have a picture in it and then I can cross post that picture to every other "post a picture of a car" thread and then go back to lurking.

I'm about 15 miles south of there in North Brunswick and Malouf Ford in my town has been great. They were very up front with me and it was by far my most painless car buying experience. (Though it hasn't been delivered yet.)

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Apr 11, 2011

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Neight posted:

How did they price you? I just emailed a higher up guy at All American and they actually just won't go below MSRP except from Ford incentives.

The salesmen showed me the dealer price on the order reciept and he gave me the car for 100 less than that pending whatever rebates he can get me when the car comes in. 28k flat for a car that builds at around 30,600 on the ford website.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ordered my car 3+ weeks ago and still waiting...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Killbot posted:

Automatics look like crap in Mustangs :colbert:

Hopefully they'll fix this problem soon, and maybe with all the inflation going on in China companies like Ford and Getrag will think twice about doing joint-ventures there. It's not that Chinese firms can't make quality products (look at Apple), it's just that there are several issues involved in getting them to make quality products (time difference, subcontracting), and the savings companies realized maybe 5-10 years ago by doing things in China aren't as huge now. Wired had a nice article about it.

I think it depends how much you drive the car. If it's a weekend cruiser you have to go with the Manuel but if you're driving it every day I would go with the automatic.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Powershift posted:

I believe he was making a joke about the "manuel" transmission.

It was awful but at least one person got it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

KidDynamite posted:

Aw sorry it didn't work out for you. I'm kind of in a lovely place right now. I'm considering an Evo X, Mustang GT, or Camaro SS but the insurance for the Evo $450 a month and Mustang $400 are pushing me in the direction of the Camaro at $175 a month. What the gently caress gives? Why am I getting quoted so much cheaper for the Camaro everywhere? If not for the expensive insurance I actually think I'd be sitting in a Mustang GTright now. Sorry for the seemingly off topic question but this seems like the boy racer thread.

Did you get quotes from other insurance companies? It doesn't make sense that it should be so much more. My insurance is about 140 a month for a Mustang...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I like the Corvette style doors.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ordered 5 weeks ago yesterday. :jeopardy music:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I just got my window sticker today. Hazzah!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Finally after almost 11 weeks... Lava red!

http://imgur.com/a/2R9rB

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

frozenphil posted:

Awesome choices, man!

Now go ahead and start saving up :thumbsup:

If I get one of these for my v6 what are the main difference i'll notice? A lot more pickup? Faster top speed? Sorry for the nube questions..

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

BonzoESC posted:

Stalling while at speed is really hard, since the kinetic energy of the car will do a pretty good job of spinning the engine.

Hit a milestone today, I don't drive very much.

I have my car one year and it has 23,000 Miles on it. gently caress my job.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

kalvick posted:

I have had my car for 12 years and just broke 22,000 miles. I think you are doing something wrong.

I have an hour commute to and from work every day. I expense my gas but this car ain't gonna last that long :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Have any of you guys had Starter issues with your cars? My 2012 Premium Stang just had it's Starter go bad along with the Flywheel which apparently was missing at least 3-4 teeth. Over 1K in repairs of stuff that shouldn't go wrong in a 4 year old car... I'm none too happy.