Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Scientifically proven to be more fuel efficient than hybrids!

Bob Morales posted:

This color?

Oh My GOD, that color is loving AMAZING. It seems to almost GLOW in low light, it's so awesome.

Also, I agree with you on the rear end-end of the car. Even since the '05s came out I've felt that the rear end was just too large and too tall and looked out of place. The '11s so look improved, but I still have that same feeling.

Wouldn't stop me form buying one, however :)

TurboLuvah fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jul 21, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

What kind of power is that making, 7-800ish hp?

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Fats posted:

I apologize for dredging up a non-Mustang post, but this means they killed that 4.4L diesel, doesn't it? :(

Noooooooo gently caress that sucks soooo bad :(

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Q_res posted:

With the DOHC 32-valve heads, don't you have to worry about hood clearance issues? I'm especially wondering about the original Fox-4/SN95 (96-98).

You will not have to worry about hood clearance issues, the SN95 Cobra came with the 32v 4.6 and the Cobra intake manifold, so it should clear everything fine.

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

frozenphil posted:

335kw = 449hp
Basically the same as the 525hp Whipple kit. I bet the Aussie engine got lower compression pistons and a forged shortblock though.

Something isn't adding up. Do they rate HP at the wheels instead of at the motor?

449hp out of a supercharged 5.0 running 5lbs of boost?? USDM NA 5.0s are making 412hp, no way in Christ is that blower only making an additional 37hp.

But since you said it was the same as the 525hp Whipple kits, I'm assuming you meant that those kits made ~450whp.

In short, I'm confused :confused:

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Saw an '11 5.0 on the road today...being driven by the hottest blonde woman.

Goddamn, an amazing, fast car being driven by a gorgeous blonde? It doesn't get any better than that.

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

poo poo that is hot, loving that color combination.

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

kronix posted:

The ZR1 Corvette is completely well mannered and it's a much lighter car. Tuning, electronic throttle, and computer nannies make it a ton easier to be civil with big numbers these days. Not to even start with how sticky the street tires you can be these days are.

Before I bought my current Mustang I was afraid of it because I figured that much horsepower meant the back walking out all over the place and having to drive nervously every time the weather got bad but as long as I never disable traction control completely it's never a problem. I was showing a buddy from back home my new car about 2 weeks ago and I accidentally accelerated way too fast out of a toll road late and night and hit what was probably some oil, the back kicked 2 or 3 feet out but the car was straight before I could even fix it myself. If that were my old Camaro it would've been a lot more "fun".

Big power in modern cars is easy as long as you're willing to pay for gas.

This is a naive way to look at 550+hp RWD car

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

kronix posted:

Really? I'm not talking about anything other than wife drivability factor. These cars are easily drivable by people without a lot of experience driving high performance RWD cars and I'd let my fiance drive a CTS-V anytime. She drives my Mustang without issue and 10 years ago I would've laughed at you if you told me I'd let the girl I was with drive around my 400 horsepower mustang.

Well, yeah now that you put it that way I understand what you meant, that clarification helped

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Taaaaaaarb! posted:

I see your procharger and raise you a turbo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04V_f9hOCCU

Found this video from that link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1rc3WZZsrU&feature=fvwrel

It would probably look totally badass, but I can't tell because of the lovely camera angles and faggy baller music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

kimbo305 posted:

So I tried to use Truecar. It seems to fall out where you'd want it the most -- cars that don't have much negotiation budge. None of the dealerships that honored whatever deal Truecar offered could actually order a Boss, so it was no different from what I already did -- contacting dealers at random to see if they could.

e: fffff, it's so righteous looking:
http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/04/19/how-one-lucky-mustang-enthusiast-bought-boss-302-0001/

drat did he luck out with that!