Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Q_res posted:

It's literally a website from circa 1998 Geocities.

There are no tacky .gifs, thats early 90s design right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

RockSmart posted:

I don't think the cops would care why your pipes are setting off car alarms.

Sans mufflers with a cat isn't really that loud.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

whiskas posted:

Put the top down and get lots of string, the sky is the limit as far as your cargo space goes :smugbert:

I have an S2000 right now and since I've been lurking in this thread you can probably guess I've been lusting for the new mustang just like you. Shitloads more power with roughly the same gas mileage, what's not to love?

The majority of ex-S2000 owners I meet always regret getting rid of it. A mustang simply isn't a "no compromise" car like the S2000, and it hurts when that gets taken away from you.

Consider getting a hard top to help with road noise, and possibly a supercharger to help with power.

Take a test drive of the 5.0, if you really love the S2000 you might not like the 5.0. Driving my friends after driving my AP1 is very weird, the car feels very large and very heavy.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

coolskillrex remix posted:

Movie has an automatic 5.0

WHYY

They wanted to wreck cars no one cares about.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004
Cross posting autox poo poo; A Boss 302 showed up, I'm pretty sure the sidepipes were opened up but I didn't ask. I have a boring video of it slaloming but this sounds much better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv4_ijf0PPw

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004
What are the GT500 rims? I love that style but I only know of HRE and VMR that make them. I want to find some lightweight ones in 17" for the S200.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

kronix posted:

It's inevitable man. We're talking about 54.5 MPG as a fleet average. If you don't think that's a MASSIVE change then you're underestimating how efficient cars are today. It's a 60-something% improvement from where we are today. The new Mazda3 is pushing a 14:1 compression ratio on a 2 liter engine and they're barely besting 40mpg on a reasonably small car.

I'm not calling for the death of high performance but *something* is going to have to change in a major way in the next 10 years. I'm not sure if it means performance becomes a lot more expensive or the auto industry actually comes through and innovates it's way out of the hole they're going to be in. Porsche has proven that you can have a very efficient high performance hybrid but I'm not sure 10 years is enough time for that to trickle down into the budget sports segment.

Personally I think Ford is in a much better position here, I don't want to go all LOL pushrods here but GM engine tech hasn't impressed me at all in the last few years. Yeah they're making big power but it's all displacement and superchargers.

Most reports don't mention that it's CAFE fuel mileage that they look at. Cars like the Prius already exceed the 2025 EPA mileage just to give you an idea.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Bumming Your Scene posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_dolwht4RU&t=140s

First of all, this guy's neighbors must love him. Second, is that the stock exhaust? Its a 2011 GTCS

It says magnaflow competition series at the end of the novel he has for the video description.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004
Remember to get the card of the guy who wouldn't unlock it so you can show up with a 2013 and tell him "gently caress you".

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Comrade Flynn posted:

Yeah, I meant to place an order which I guess isn't even possible yet. I have a friend at a dealer in the south who thinks the could do it for MSRP.

I'd heard a rumor the price bump will only be 5% but that's only speculation.

Welp I got that there mustang for FAVE HUNNERT HORSEPOWER above msrp.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

lazer_chicken posted:

It is held back. Drive-by-wire throttle allows for all sorts of tricks like this. Many high-power cars limit torque in 1st and sometimes 2nd gear (the MS3 does this too, for example). It's so idiot drivers don't swing the rear end out and crash every time they mash the gas and pull out of a parking lot or something. Or, in the MS3, it's to reduce the torque steer from "herculean" to "bad." It probably also saves many transmissions from being blown up by these same idiot drivers.

Is the FRPP tune also limited? My friend has one with the 3.83s and even with the FRPP it handles WOT in first gear without any issues even on the stock 235s. I always chalked it up to having a really awesome TC/rear suspension set up.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Fuuuuck... I can afford a Boss 302.... but that's a lot of car.

It's a lot of car that you want.

Muffinpox fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Feb 4, 2012

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

kronix posted:

You're better off anyway. The extra money you save can be spent making the GT a lot better and you can get the electronics package which I've heard good things about and regretted not getting. It wasn't available on the BOSS last year.

It doesn't take a whole lot to turn the GT into a very fast car.

Doesn't the 2013 GT TrakPak use the same stuff as the normal 2012 Boss suspension?

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004
Check the fuses, a single bulb can have multiple circuits running to it.

edit: Just saw the web redemption for the kid who smashed the GT500 through the garage, stereotypically the interview involves the phrase "FAVE HUNNERT HORSEPOWER".

Muffinpox fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Feb 26, 2012

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Throatwarbler posted:

So this is how freedom dies. :911:

I was going to quote your post and say "Not with an IRS, but a log" but gently caress.

Is that a next gen mule?

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Elephanthead posted:

But it is heavier and has less horsepower so it is crap. Am I right?

Gotta have it factor finds a way.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

AWWNAW posted:

Found a black 2013 GT manual with 3.73 rear, bought it! Averaging 10 mpg so far. :getin:

edit added picture http://db.tt/LLlFaXAw

10mpg? Why are you babying it.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

shodanjr_gr posted:

Didn't the Boss ship with brake cooling ducts?

The Boss 302 had upgraded pads and the LS got cooling ducts. Brakes are something you can improve pretty massively with new pads and fluid though, I wouldn't really take OEM fade at anything more than face value unless you want to track the car and never think about better brake pads in which case you should just park it in the garage under a cover so you can tell your kids about SIX HUNNERT HOURSEPAWHA in a rough gravelly voice 40 years.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Is there a tow point anywhere in the front of a 2013 GT? Need one for track days and I don't want a tow hook ugh.

Most cars have tie down loops that can be used, but if they're extricating your car you run the risk of wrecking your bumpers or worse, tweaking the frame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

A.o.D. posted:

If by upgrade you mean purchase another vehicle, then yeah. The cost of getting someone to replace the engine on an 8 year old vehicle with 170k miles is really close to 100 percent of the value of my ride. I just don't have the tools or facilities to pull an engine. Or the liquidity.

Update: now I'm looking at a 2014 GT with a stick for 29k. Am I loving insane for considering this?

Yes jesus christ. If the '15 shapes up to half the car it's looking like the 11-14s are going to poo poo brick their value as hard as the '10s did. Buy an '11 GT for low 20s if you can't wait.