Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm hoping the elf house comes back in stock along with the snowball fight for the early dec double vip. I want that ice skating set.

E: whoa, Ninjago City Gardens is supposed to be $300 and 5500 pieces. It's going to be big.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Nov 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Zwille posted:

Can you use the store points for anything? So far it only seems to be for Legoland tickets.

They’re probably not gonna go on sale but I wanna wait on buying the Ecto/Batmobile just in case they have some sort of cool freebie next weekend.

That's why I buy now, the GF is a bookworm and she loves the Dickens Christmas GWP they give this weekend. She already has the Hans Christian Andersen book one from 2(?) years ago.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
I like how all the sets have little badge saying "road plates included"

Then some snarky box designer stuck it on the road plates only set.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Got to my Lego Store 15 minutes prior to opening. Had 13 people queue before me already and 7 or 8 behind me when they opened. They only let 15 people in at a time, so I got in as soon as they opened and was out again in 5 minutes but still, didn't think I'd have to face that many people. 100% mask compliance and lots of space but yeah, wasn't my cleverest decision to go there to be honest.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Hopper posted:

That's why I buy now, the GF is a bookworm and she loves the Dickens Christmas GWP they give this weekend. She already has the Hans Christian Andersen book one from 2(?) years ago.

Yeah I snapped and bought the Batmobile & Lunar Lander because hey free double points. Hope they don’t release something super cool next week :v:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Wow you must have spent like 500+€ on Lego in 4 weeks didn't you say you bought some other big sets recently?
Be careful, Lego is one hell of a drug.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Hopper posted:

Wow you must have spent like 500+€ on Lego in 4 weeks didn't you say you bought some other big sets recently?
Be careful, Lego is one hell of a drug.

That’s a very optimistic estimate but yeah, I got the camper, the bug, the Statue of Liberty, the Batwing and the Razor Crest is on back order, so that’s like 550 at least, yep. I only didn’t get the Ecto because it was on back order, basically talked myself off that fence.

I’m saving the batwing, haven’t built it yet. Wanna binge all the movies and build the mobile and wing alongside over the holidays :q:

Knowing my luck they’ll probably do the Adam West Batmobile for Black Friday :v:

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003
Making baby jesus cry since 1984.
Trying to figure out if I should get the Ecto-1, Pirates of Barracuda Bay, The Upside Down, or the Bookshop and some filler in order to get the Dickens set and the teal brick. Thoughts?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Yes

As a non joke answer, pirates of barracuda bay erryday from that selection imo

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003

Butterfly Valley posted:

Yes

As a non joke answer, pirates of barracuda bay erryday from that selection imo

I was definitely leaning that way (but now also wondering about the NES). It’s frustrating how well Lego targets my interests and nostalgia!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
At a guess, Stranger Things will probably be the first to retire of those, if you care about such things.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Idk if it's a discount across the chain but I just picked up the AT-AT from Auchan in Luxembourg where it was €109, with an immediate €44 rebate in store card points, only valid today. I think there was another EU Lego goon who lives in France or something.

Edit: oh no wait, I've seen heartbreaking pictures of the lego sections in French supermarkets taped off like a crime scene because I think they're not allowed to sell 'nonessential' goods, oh well

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Some UK supermarkets were doing that for a while during our first lockdown. Food only, nothing else. Then it was pointed out things like clothing and toys are kind of essentials too for kids.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Feminine care products are *extremely* nonessential, please don't even ask about them, you terrorists

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Corner Garage, Architecture Statue of Liberty, a magnet, Dickens Book, and the Teal Brick ordered just after midnight. Happy Birthday to me!

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

The_Doctor posted:

Some UK supermarkets were doing that for a while during our first lockdown. Food only, nothing else. Then it was pointed out things like clothing and toys are kind of essentials too for kids.

Michigan has this, too, but for like garden centers and poo poo.

Boomers were so mad they couldn't get that new grill to host plague-barbeques.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I was only planning on spending enough for the Dickens display but now I see there's a teal brick build, I need to get that to go with the red one from last year.
Tricky part is everything on my wishlist is out of stock.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

There is something super satisfying about having a mini version of something next to the larger something. I recently re-built my Volkswagen Camper along with the smaller camper and they're really neat looking together.

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003

obi_ant posted:

There is something super satisfying about having a mini version of something next to the larger something. I recently re-built my Volkswagen Camper along with the smaller camper and they're really neat looking together.

I just started on the camper for the first time, and drat, it makes me appreciate numbered bags.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Carbohydrates posted:

Since my DIY Secret Santee has received and built his gift, I can post it here now. I stalked my recipient's post history and found that the centerpiece of his shop is a Grizzly G0771Z table saw, so I made him a lil' custom set to build a replica of it!

He posted pics of it sitting on the real thing here!

Please come to GBS and participate in SASS so you can be my santa and make me my tablesaw too. Please.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

obi_ant posted:

The F-40 and Speed Champions F-40 are great for this.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Ordered the croc loco just now even though I'm not really a fan of it, partly to take advantage of VIPx2 (reminded by reading this thread), but mostly because I don't want to design and order parts for a new train for my kid's christmas present.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

post ur big/small collection

I have the mini beetle somewhere, it must be buried in storage or I took it apart for parts at some point.

Hopefully have the big/small ecto collection later on too. :v:

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

xzzy posted:

Hope to add the UCS one day.

And I have one of the newer MF #75105 in storage but it think I’m going to sell that one.

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar

xzzy posted:

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

tomapot posted:

Hope to add the UCS one day.

What's what front one, set number wise? I guess I missed it, but I love the micro scene sets like that!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

esperantinc posted:

What's what front one, set number wise? I guess I missed it, but I love the micro scene sets like that!

It was a GWP last year

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/battle-of-endor-micro-build-40362

Sad I missed it. I have the Hoth and Death Star one but missed out on Endor.

Flip them cheese wedges!

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

veni veni veni posted:

It was a GWP last year

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/battle-of-endor-micro-build-40362

Sad I missed it. I have the Hoth and Death Star one but missed out on Endor.

Yeah same! I have the other two, I didn't even know Endor was a thing until tomapot's picture!

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice
Did nebulon today. Someone posted that it was fiddly, they were correct. I’m glad that I got it and didn’t have to brickbuild it. I’m not a huge fan of the build, but it’s the last Star Wars ship I wanted for my collection and am glad to have that finished.

The most incredible part of the build is marveling at how someone comes up with these builds. The crazy connections. The odd grebling. The funky angles. Just confirmation that I will never design my own set.

For double points I got the ideas shipwreck. I want the Disney Castle, but looks like I have to head to the store for that. Don’t know if I will go in since, ya know, rona.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

veni veni veni posted:

Flip them cheese wedges!

Good catch, I’ll go spin them around.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

For people that were looking, both the Halo mega construct Master Chief helmet and the Covenant sword seem to be out everywhere now.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler
I was in Target today and the lego isle had a deal, buy $50 on select lego sets get $10 gift card. Not sure of the details or if it includes online sales.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Finished my second Empire over Jedha (christmas present). I swear to god, before I build this thing another time, I'd rather build ten executors or twenty Taj Mahals.

So, what's next in the queue? Eclipse Star Dreadnought. Great. I think I need some joyfull modular or christmas set inbetween...

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Snowmankilla posted:

For people that were looking, both the Halo mega construct Master Chief helmet and the Covenant sword seem to be out everywhere now.

Sadly these aren't in the UK yet because I really want the helmet.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Y'all, we're live. Thanks again for your incessant bullying encouragement and support to make me actually refine a design and get it on Ideas. Now we just gotta make people see this thing!

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/ff91bdfe-024c-49d8-a593-404883beeb3f

The wagon turned out really well, by the way. All of its features are bullet-pointed in the Ideas post, but it has a lot of li'l functions in such a small build:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Good idea to include gifs of the mechanisms. Hopefully it does well!

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Nth Doctor posted:

Corner Garage, Architecture Statue of Liberty, a magnet, Dickens Book, and the Teal Brick ordered just after midnight. Happy Birthday to me!

Happy Birthday! :toot:

Snowmankilla posted:

Mega is so bad at distribution... I had the new Pelican on preorder for months until I was just able to randomly pick one up at target. Even then, I keep stumbling across the last series of bling bags for the figures in stores, though that has been great to fill in my collection. Unfortunately it took several trips of cleaning out each store out before I realized that they have a hidden UPC so you can tell what’s what

Carbohydrates posted:

Y'all, we're live. Thanks again for your incessant bullying encouragement and support to make me actually refine a design and get it on Ideas. Now we just gotta make people see this thing!

This is way too cool... can’t wait to see it become a set! Supported :sun:

Catatron Prime fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Nov 22, 2020

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Carbohydrates posted:

The wagon turned out really well, by the way. All of its features are bullet-pointed in the Ideas post, but it has a lot of li'l functions in such a small build:

Awesome!

Please help get this one out there folks.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Looking good Carbo, good luck with the votes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Carbohydrates posted:

Trying so hard to support this right now but lego's website is preventing me from logging in??? :confused: