Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

D'oh, for my Razor Crest, I put on one of the engine stickers backwards. Was so focused on getting it lined up nicely I didn't pay attention to if I had it the right way around or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Oxyclean posted:

D'oh, for my Razor Crest, I put on one of the engine stickers backwards. Was so focused on getting it lined up nicely I didn't pay attention to if I had it the right way around or not.

I haven’t tried it personally but apparently lego customer service are good at just sending out new sticker sheets if you’ve hosed something up, worth a try

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Waltzing Along posted:

Was hoping it was Creator Expert. 3 in 1 is bleh.

Looks like it would be pretty fun for a kid to play with as it is.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Oxyclean posted:

Creator Castle Officially revealed.
https://brickset.com/article/59197/creator-castle-set-revealed!

Looks pretty neat. Not sure if I want it but it feels like a good idea for the 3-in-1 line.

I am simultaneously disappointed and excited. I’m disappointed it’s only 3 buildings and not many figures. On the other hand, the price point makes this very interesting and honestly what is there looks really good to me.

So Lego Masters, do other countries versions also ignore previous performance when picking the winning loser? That’s really one of my biggest annoyances in this series. Because of this oversight we now have a final that consists of 1 for whom it was obvious by the second episode that they’d be in final. They’re pretty much always been either first or second. (Exception being the art episode where they and the other clear finalist team tripped up badly)
Then one team who is interesting because the guy is a fantastic builder and the woman is a great story teller and competent builder. They’ve always been mid high but have won 2 challenges and have been the runner up once or twice. Honestly, I can see them when, it they’re the underdog.
And then there’s there’s the other team. I mean love those guys (they’re fun) but they’re very clearly a cut below the others. They’ve won once (the StarWars episode where the real finalists admitted to knowing nothing about StarWars) but were otherwise always low-mid quality feedback.

The loser choice was between Those guys and another team. That other team also wasn’t fantastic, but they absolutely dominated the art episode and have been the runner up or winner once or twice. Otherwise they were pretty middling in their feedback as well. Had the brick master taken past performance into account those guys should’ve been admitted to finals and while I estimate their chances of winning to be nearly as slim as the current guys they could’ve at least provided with a surprise.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cojawfee posted:

Looks like it would be pretty fun for a kid to play with as it is.

I'm sure it is. But when I kept seeing people being excited for a new Creator Castle I thought they meant the expert line. ie: the good ones.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Main idea I get from that castle set is wanting two or three of them to create a fully enclosed castle. Because while the facade is a cool idea, the nerd in me wants a FULL CASTLE with a proper courtyard and stuff.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Carbohydrates posted:

Design stream tonight, 7PM Central, 30 mins out, etc etc

I enjoyed watching this stream, thanks for posting it! Anyone have suggestions for youtubers / streamers that talk through their thought process like this? A condensed version would be fun to watch, to see how people go thorugh their thought processes and how they go about designing their models.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Buying multiples of that castle makes more sense than dropping the insane money the old ones go for.

Regarding this year’s Speed Champions: terrible! They whiffed the C3, by far the most interesting one new on offer, and the Ford is shamefully a GT instead of a GT40 (I understand there are licensing issues regarding the use of this particular name, but it could have been redeemed if they had copied the livery in a more accurate color and without stickering). I already have the Charger/Challenger set so I feel they could have picked a more interesting muscle car than one they’ve done already. They should do a Cadillac duo- 59 Eldorado and XLR-V (or maybe Allante? :rolleye:)

Stickered/printed headlights are trash imo. Transparent clear exists for a reason :v:

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
So, some good news / bad news.

Good news, I’ve discovered the source of Lego’s supply chain issues.

Bad news:

It is me.

We’ve been building a house, and had been setting aside sets in storage to build in our “screen-time free” loft space.

We set aside too many.

WAY too many.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Oh wow, that's way too much. You can just mail that shuttle to me and I'll dispose of it for you.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Yeah I'll help you out with those dragon boats.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Blue Moonlight posted:

Oof sorry about your pile of shame. :v:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

xzzy posted:

Main idea I get from that castle set is wanting two or three of them to create a fully enclosed castle. Because while the facade is a cool idea, the nerd in me wants a FULL CASTLE with a proper courtyard and stuff.

The main build folds up into a fully enclosed castle (you can see it on the back of the box).

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I want a castle of the quality of the blacksmith or MMV, not a step back into 10 year old territory. :colbert:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
So the pick-a-brick thing was really confusing me. I had contacted Lego support and heard back from them. The DHL tracking number I got said it was coming from College Park, GA on April 21, but they still hadn't received it yet. Lego says it's actually coming from Poland and usually take 13 to 18 business days from when ordered, so it shouldn't arrive for another week. Still seems like a great deal to have brand new bricks I specifically need hand-picked for me, I just wish they wouldn't send you a premature tracking number saying it's been shipped when it hasn't.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Waltzing Along posted:

I want a castle of the quality of the blacksmith or MMV, not a step back into 10 year old territory. :colbert:

You'd fit in well with the classic Castle FB groups I'm in. It's not for you and that's fine. That said, there's nothing stopping you from MOCing your own castle to that standard.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Rumor mill is spinning up that there is a batman d2c tumbler coming up.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Scipiotik posted:

Another UCS? Or minifig scale?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

deoju posted:

Another UCS? Or minifig scale?

UCS, 200+ dollars

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
That'd be weird.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
I was mad about that lovely C3 all day so I made my own. In 6-wide, because I'm stubborn.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Carbohydrates posted:

I was mad about that lovely C3 all day so I made my own. In 6-wide, because I'm stubborn.

You know, I hear Billund is quite nice.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Carbohydrates posted:

Damnit, I just got all the parts in to make your Nova, why'd you go and post this?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Carbohydrates posted:

I could pretty much care less about cars but, seriously, this thing is so nice looking. The side view is freaking perfect.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Carbohydrates posted:

I'm too much of a Corvette fan to pass up the C8.R, so that'll be my first car set once it comes out, but I definitely want to make your C3 too.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Completed the Bookshop today, very happy with it. It's going to look great next to my Grand Emporium. This is from pages ago, but did I see people talking about bootleg modulars that actually look really good?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Carbohydrates posted:

Amazing car but i gotta ask, how long did it take for you to get over the fact that Lego cars went from 4 studs wide to 6 back in the day? Time to join the wide side, 8 is the new 6!

Just don't go 10 wide, that's just silly.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

EvilJoven posted:

Amazing car but i gotta ask, how long did it take for you to get over the fact that Lego cars went from 4 studs wide to 6 back in the day? Time to join the wide side, 8 is the new 6!

Just don't go 10 wide, that's just silly.
Cars in City sets are still 6-wide. Even 6-wide is oversized for "minifig scale" but it's closer to looking right, you know? 8-wide cars look absurd on City-scale roads and next to buildings and such. They make for better standalone models (theoretically), but they don't integrate into City setups. Much of what I build is intended to display in my LUG's city layout. No benefit getting wacky with the scale there.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Ya I know I'm just ribbing ya a bit. Youre right that while standing alone 8 wide looks good it does make the vehicles downright massive in comparison to the rest of the City elements.

Honesty the biggest issue is the minifig design. As soon as one starts designing more realistic looking vehicles it's just so apparent how badly proportioned they are.

EvilJoven fucked around with this message at 06:33 on May 3, 2021

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Carbohydrates posted:

I didn't hate the Lego Group stingray (not much of a Corvette fan I guess) but drat if this isn't clearly better in every way.

There's a lot of things I like about the 3-in-1 castle, it'd be a lot more tempting if I had room to display such a thing.

E: Also on team 6-wide. It just makes sense for Lego logic. Like Lego cars should only have room for the one driver in the cabin. If a Lego car needs to transport extra people, just stick them to the roof or the hood.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 06:28 on May 3, 2021

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
And now we know why no official Lego car is 100% studless.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Blue Moonlight posted:

Good news, I’ve discovered the source of Lego’s supply chain issues.

Bad news:

It is me.

We’ve been building a house, and had been setting aside sets in storage to build in our “screen-time free” loft space.

We set aside too many.

WAY too many.

Congrats on opening your own lego store franchise.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Carbohydrates posted:

I was really lukewarm on the Lego one but this one is loving nice.

Scipiotik posted:

that'd be sick, the last one came out when I wasn't back into Legos yet and i dig batmobiles. Hope they do that and the Adam West bat mobile after that.

Speaking of film cars, what's the deal with the Ecto-1? The price just keeps plummeting. Lego's price is 199 but I bought it in February or so for 160, only to have it fall down to 150 the week after and now I'm seeing offers for 135. Does it have a bad rep (other for the stickers you can totally skip)? It's a pretty fun play/display hybrid with a lot of cool mechanisms and certainly more "playable" than the big batman sets.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Oxyclean posted:

Creator Castle Officially revealed.
https://brickset.com/article/59197/creator-castle-set-revealed!

Looks pretty neat. Not sure if I want it but it feels like a good idea for the 3-in-1 line.

I want more Castle LEGO but I don't want this, but I hope it does well so they make more Castle LEGO.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Doctor Spaceman posted:

New Bird of Paradise set in the botanicals line and another Taj Mahal.

Really not feeling the bird of paradise, the leaves are just giant pieces of technic.
My partner and I were really excited for whatever's next in the botanicals line but this is a miss, weirdly. It's just not very colorful or detailed for how large it is.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The pot is really nice though.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
$120 for a 2000 piece Architecture set seems unusually low

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

The pot is really nice though.
I actually take what I said back:

https://brickset.com/article/59080/review-10289-bird-of-paradise

The black box really doesn't do this set favors, it makes the green look darker than it is.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Star Guarded posted:

I actually take what I said back:

https://brickset.com/article/59080/review-10289-bird-of-paradise

The black box really doesn't do this set favors, it makes the green look darker than it is.
It looks really fantastic in these pics (and these). The black background does it no favors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

$120 for a 2000 piece Architecture set seems unusually low

The Taj Mahal has a bad reputation in regard to Lego. Maybe it's a "sorry" to all the people who built the original one....

(similar to how the Colosseum is pretty low in price regarding it's tile count and maybe someone at Lego thinks "those poor people who actually chose to build this...")