Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
The smirk and the sunglasses on #3 are a lot more aggressive than #2 imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

deoju posted:

The smirk and the sunglasses on #3 are a lot more aggressive than #2 imo.

Yeah look at the smirk on this psycho!

Seriously though, I think it's just the top angle of the sunglasses giving you that impression, sort of like a scowl eyebrow angle.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Yeah, that's what I mean. Just the slight difference in the smiles and the angle of the top of the sunglasses make #3 look more aggressive than #2. They are subtle, but deliberate, design choices.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
My Space Racer, dudes.
(V1.0 as I have some parts I may want to improve on...)

This was fun!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The proles of lego city construct a house out of the chewed up scraps of lego bricks they can find in the dump.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

ChesterJT posted:

it's not like that last guy is loaded with 4 glocks and some c4. He just has more pockets.

The other ones are smiling. #4 is ready to bust heads if you don’t turn off that camera.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Feenix posted:

My Space Racer, dudes.
(V1.0 as I have some parts I may want to improve on...)

This was fun!

Wow! That's quite a silhouette on that!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Also, almost all of the medieval Lego is soldiers.

Conflict makes for an interesting play set.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Chairchucker posted:

Also, almost all of the medieval Lego is soldiers.

Conflict makes for an interesting play set.

Has there ever been a LEGO monastery? That could be cool. And a very good source of minifigs, brown simple robes, and tonsure hairpieces. Comes with hundreds of "parchment" squares.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Quick, whip that poo poo together in studio and slap it up on ideas.

What's the company's stance on religion? :v:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

A big Gothic cathedral nave set with lighting effects for the candles and torches for vespers and compline.

A cloister for contemplative walks and discussions of holy text.

Abelard's goat patch and the fruit trees.

A bell tower.

The bread oven.

William Hamleigh on horseback coming to gently caress things up

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm partial to Uhtred storming in and skewering a priest to interrupt a marriage.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Brawnfire posted:

Has there ever been a LEGO monastery? That could be cool. And a very good source of minifigs, brown simple robes, and tonsure hairpieces. Comes with hundreds of "parchment" squares.

One of the only non soldier centric medieval sets that I know of is the medieval market village, which is also one of my favourite sets. I would love more like it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Actually in that vein, a Vikings revival is long overdue.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
It's kind of odd that the Creator 3-in-1 sets are FULL of cool urban housing and small business, but LEGO official materials never seem to associate them with City sets.

That seems like a mistake to me.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I feel like "City" is just kinda a catchall for playset style sets focused on "real life" themes? Like didn't they have mars exploration stuff under city last year? I think there's also been undersea exploration and jungle rescue themes lately too. Lego City is a very strange place.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

ChesterJT posted:

Yeah look at the smirk on this psycho!

Seriously though, I think it's just the top angle of the sunglasses giving you that impression, sort of like a scowl eyebrow angle.

I mean, the minifig's eyebrows are doing nothing to help the situation:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Nth Doctor posted:

I mean, the minifig's eyebrows are doing nothing to help the situation:

LEGO Obvious Infiltrator minifig.

"Hey guys, what's the plan? Could you loudly say what location we're meeting up at and the targets we're gonna hit today? Louder?"

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
“No I’m not a cop. I’m with the press. From.. CNN.”

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
"I work for the federal government"

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar

A few better pics of my Wipeout racer.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

no broccoli please posted:

A few better pics of my Wipeout racer.

Apparently Future Racing = Fork-Split Fenders. haha... and I am loving it.

Well done! :D
I love all the techy plate bits.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Two more cuz I realize I didn’t post a good topside view:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Haha yeah mine started off as an X-winged chassis with a split fender but it got chunkier and chunkier.

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar
Love your ships Feenix and Brawnfire.
Brawnfire's looks like it could fit into f-zero which also rules.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The thing about winning races in space is whoever has the most engines, wins.

Based on the color scheme of the cosmic fleet voyager, a wierd bridge period between classic space and futuron. I started building it for real but ran out of those blue curved pieces because it uses like 30 of them. So render it is.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
A huge engine, several boosters, and some handlebars. All you need!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Why are my LEGO in storage during my move to STL :cry:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

xzzy posted:

The thing about winning races in space is whoever has the most engines, wins.

Based on the color scheme of the cosmic fleet voyager, a wierd bridge period between classic space and futuron. I started building it for real but ran out of those blue curved pieces because it uses like 30 of them. So render it is.

Render-Cheater!!! If I had infinite parts I’d have more engines too!!!

Just kidding that is fantastic!! <3

Sorry for all the pics, eh? But I got my pit crew.

The money-guy. He’s sleazy, but not sleaze.

The young hotshot mechanic with the multi tool and universal P.C. pack (Pit Crew).

A diagnostics machine.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Can I ask someone who got the new Barracuda Bay set what the size of the box is? Thinking of getting it but not sure if I'll be able to build it straight away, suppose I can just get it, flatten the box and put the separate bags in a smaller thing. I know it'll be available for awhile but I tend to forget this stuff. Missed out on Wall E and the pop up book cause I meant to get them later and just forgot before they retired.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

thebardyspoon posted:

Can I ask someone who got the new Barracuda Bay set what the size of the box is? Thinking of getting it but not sure if I'll be able to build it straight away, suppose I can just get it, flatten the box and put the separate bags in a smaller thing. I know it'll be available for awhile but I tend to forget this stuff. Missed out on Wall E and the pop up book cause I meant to get them later and just forgot before they retired.

Pretty big.

Cat for scale.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I thought Lego was (temporarily) dropping the police stuff?

It's still available for sale on their website. That should be the first place it is/was removed.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It was more of a legit-seeming rumor with a very official looking list that never got confirmed.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Wait, space racer? poo poo.

Trans neon orange doesn't show up too well in renders, and I haven't had these pieces in like 20 years.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

Wait, space racer? poo poo.

I named mine raceship.io. :buddy:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the police sets thing is actually legit, it seems. even includes a donut shop set because there's a cop in it.

https://toybook.com/lego-pulling-back-potentially-sensitive-product-amid-george-floyd-protests/

but it's "in observation of blackout tuesday" so basically meaningless if they all resume advertising within a few days

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

It's basically "Don't advertise the police sets for one day." That day is already over.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Davros1 posted:

It's basically "Don't advertise the police sets for one day." That day is already over.
oh, I was like "wait I thought I already replied to this" :v:

anyways, I'll repeat from the other thread: it's worse than doing nothing.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Davros1 posted:

Oh, a completely hollow gesture.

Not as bad as all the tv stations having nothing on for 8 minutes. The 8 minutes from one commercial break to another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Lego also donated $4m to organizations combating discrimination so maybe hold the fake umbrage and don't burn all your sets in protest.

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1268216876498399237