Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003
Making baby jesus cry since 1984.
Best Buy has DC CMF for $2.49 (limit 3) and series 19 CMF (limit 5) for $1.99 today. Amazon has the same price on DC CMF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Neat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmhiuIRfpbo

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
What is the correct way to pronounce Technic? I've always called it technique because of Technics audio equipment but I realize that's probably not correct. The other way doesn't sound as exotic or cool imo

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I just say tech-nick

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Lmao. Technical without the -al, obviously. Please tell me you've visited lego stores and asked to peruse their finest technique products.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Butterfly Valley posted:

Lmao. Technical without the -al, obviously. Please tell me you've visited lego stores and asked to peruse their finest technique products.

It's ok to do if you wear a baret

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

drgitlin posted:

Lego also donated $4m to organizations combating discrimination so maybe hold the fake umbrage and don't burn all your sets in protest.

Yeah Lego always seems to do the right thing. I think they deserve a break from the instant pitchfork mob.

Cojawfee posted:

I just say tech-nick

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

What is the correct way to pronounce Technic? I've always called it technique because of Technics audio equipment but I realize that's probably not correct. The other way doesn't sound as exotic or cool imo

I believe its "mi" + "KAA" + "noh"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

So I know we were meant to be making crew and all that stuff but I ended up just making three more racers with different schemes lol. I've photographed one and will post the other two when I get a chance to snap those.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Butterfly Valley posted:

Please tell me you've visited lego stores and asked to peruse their finest technique products.

I've never bought one so I haven't had to ask :shrug:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Maybe we should come up with different classes and standardized engines you have to build around.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ugh who let Ecclestone in here

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I have some ideas about space sprinklers.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Speaking of technic: I've been kinda tempted to get one of the bigger sets since it's been awhile, Lambo & Bugatti are probably a bit too pricey for me, anyone have the Land Rover or Porche 911? Thoughts?

Mobile Crane looks kinda neat too, but it feels like it'd be a little less interesting as a display model.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Tetch-nik :colbert:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I got a little showy with this guy, I call him "The Big Yella Bastard"

My favorite part is giving people a nice view when I leave them in the dust.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ahh good another subscriber to the MOAR ENGINES philosophy.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This poo poo would look right at home in Oban Star Racers or something

May be enough to make me finally crack open my stored lego

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Maybe I'll have time to put together an ice planet themed one this weekend

Hint: Its gonna involve a bunch of their satellite launchers and some duct tape.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I did some more work on my Aquashark racer and started working on some stuff for the pit and garage.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Did a pilot shot. Meet "The Ochre Joker" himself, Yella-Bellied Bill "Bruiser" Brannigan née O'Toole II.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.
Built a couple space racers, modified these up from a couple land speeders I had made a while back.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

ChesterJT posted:

Yeah Lego always seems to do the right thing. I think they deserve a break from the instant pitchfork mob.

I didn't interpret it as pitchforks at all, more just the usual (and correct) 'brands aren't your friend, they'll act only as woke as is commercially practical at any given time.'

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

While I'm being self-indulgent: a pilot shot of Blacktron racer David "Sweaty Dave" Rivers Kaya-Diaz-Chang. First in his family to not go to HyperHarvard, Sweaty Dave enlisted in the Blacktron Star Infantry to pursue a life of interstellar adventure as a feckless grunt. Due to his acute hyperhidrosis he was found unfit for general space infantry service and instead was shunted to the Blacktron Space Racing Division in an attempt to kill him. For seventeen years now, Sweaty Dave has defied death among the stars, becoming the chubbiest and most alcoholic member in Blacktron service.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I’m loving all of this, guys!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Alert! The Explorien League's experimental new hypospace relay drive ship--the fastest starship ever created--has been stolen by the rogue Colonel Teraklink! He's going to use the vessel to sweep the Space Races, and take the trophy away to his secret asteroid hideout!

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Brawnfire posted:

Alert! The Explorien League's experimental new hypospace relay drive ship--the fastest starship ever created--has been stolen by the rogue Colonel Teraklink! He's going to use the vessel to sweep the Space Races, and take the trophy away to his secret asteroid hideout!

I love everything about this beautiful mess of angled wings and trans-light-green.

Brawnfire posted:

Did a pilot shot. Meet "The Ochre Joker" himself, Yella-Bellied Bill "Bruiser" Brannigan née O'Toole II.

A+ pilot name, too

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Brawnfire posted:

This is giving me extreme Taiidan Scout Craft vibes

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I need the thread to help me to decide which racer is going to be my chosen protag so I can disassemble the rest for other stuff.

CHOOSE A RACER:

Experimental Explorien Lightship

Big Yella Bastard

Easy Cyberrider

Blacktron HyperThrust Shuttle

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I like both 1 and 2 very much

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Brawnfire posted:

I need the thread to help me to decide which racer is going to be my chosen protag so I can disassemble the rest for other stuff.

CHOOSE A RACER:

Big Yella Bastard

Best ship with the best pilot

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
first one's good

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Definitely 2

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I equally love 1 and 2

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

Here ya go.

body

Legs

snap arms to ball joints and set in place.

viola

Full disclosure it relatively fragile. I mean it holds together fine and doesn't use illegal connections, but it wouldn't sustain much play or anything. Lot of 1 and 2 stud connections.
I tried. I'm still tinkering actually, but I'm pretty happy with most of it. I was missing some parts you used and looking at the back I want to try and fit a Grey mailbox on it.

I'm pretty fond of his little foldable claw. Originally the back of it had a flashlight using a backpack but it didn't unfold well after that.

My son was mighty confused by this mech and it's very small size compared to previous attempts and it's relative lack of weapons.
It did spark his creativity and He immediately set about to build his own tiny mech.

Brawnfire posted:

CHOOSE A RACER:

Blacktron HyperThrust Shuttle
This one

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Oxyclean posted:

Speaking of technic: I've been kinda tempted to get one of the bigger sets since it's been awhile, Lambo & Bugatti are probably a bit too pricey for me, anyone have the Land Rover or Porche 911? Thoughts?

Mobile Crane looks kinda neat too, but it feels like it'd be a little less interesting as a display model.

I built all of them (I assume you mean the orange 911 - 42056, though I also built the 42069...don't get that one) but the Lambo.

I'd get the 911 over the Land Rover, simply because it's a better "technic"-set, and has some nice functions. The sad thing about the 911 is that you cover up all of the gearbox and engine during build. Like...all of it. You know it's in there, but you'll never see it again once the set is finished. It also has a slight error in the manual which makes the transition shift in the wrong order (easily fixed during the build). It's a cool set, but once it's finished, it's 100% a display piece, as you can't "do" anything with it.

From the three mentioned, I'd get the crane (42082). It's a lot of fun to build, a lot of fun to toy around with, and looks really cool on display. It's one of my favourite technic sets from the last couple of yours...colors are good, functions are really good, is motorized, looks awesome and (at least when I bought it) was pretty cheap.

tuo fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jun 6, 2020

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

tuo posted:

I built all of them (I assume you mean the orange 911 - 42056, though I also built the 42069...don't get that one) but the Lambo.

I'd get the 911 over the Land Rover, simply because it's a better "technic"-set, and has some nice functions. The sad thing about the 911 is that you cover up all of the gearbox and engine during build. Like...all of it. You know it's in there, but you'll never see it again once the set is finished. It also has a slight error in the manual which makes the transition shift in the wrong order (easily fixed during the build). It's a cool set, but once it's finished, it's 100% a display piece, as you can't "do" anything with it.

From the three mentioned, I'd get the crane (42082). It's a lot of fun to build, a lot of fun to toy around with, and looks really cool on display. It's one of my favourite technic sets from the last couple of yours...colors are good, functions are really good, is motorized, looks awesome and (at least when I bought it) was pretty cheap.

I was looking at the white 911 (42096) - I dont think the Orange one is being sold anymore, least not from Lego themselves. The crane I was looking at was 42108 - the 42082 is a decent bit more pricey (349$ CAD) Though a motorized set is a bit tempting too.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The RC sets are kind of intriguing. Looking across the whole Technic line, I think I actually prefer the Bugatti to the Lamborghini. The colour, source car, and final model of it are all superior imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Brawnfire posted:

Big Yella Bastard

There is no other choice but the Ochre Joker.