Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Is the GB Firehouse a proper modular (that is, does it connect to the other modulars and look good/to scale with them)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Lawen posted:

Is the GB Firehouse a proper modular (that is, does it connect to the other modulars and look good/to scale with them)?

It's minifig scale, so yes the same scale as modulars, but no, it won't connect to them.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

VaultAggie posted:

As much as Star Wars Legos have improved, the original ones had those chrome light saber hilts. Those things loving rule, and these new ones just aren't the same.

They have a quasi-chrome hilt in the new Battle on Takodana for Finn. Not the old grey of past lightsaber hilts but not the ancient, glorious chrome of the earlier sets. Looks like Death Star Final Battle has them in that style as well.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

It's minifig scale, so yes the same scale as modulars, but no, it won't connect to them.

How difficult would it be to modify the first row of bricks to add in the 4 pieces to connect them to the other modulars? Or is the baseplate set up so you can't do it that way?

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO

Zodack posted:

They have a quasi-chrome hilt in the new Battle on Takodana for Finn. Not the old grey of past lightsaber hilts but not the ancient, glorious chrome of the earlier sets. Looks like Death Star Final Battle has them in that style as well.

Man, that set is going to be a resellers dream. Kylo Ren with actual face underneath, probably the only Maz figurine ever, plus the TRAITOR! trooper. It's like 90AUD as well, just for a 400pc set with 5 minifigs. It'd like custom built to be resold.

Naturally I'm trying to talk myself out of it.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Wow, that has to be one of the most overpriced sets I've ever seen.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
I am going to call around today, but is the Construct-o-Mech from the Lego Movie out of production? I never know what "Sold Out" on shop.lego.com means.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Lego knows minifig move units so lovely overpriced sets with desirable minifigs are here to stay.

The Lego movie ones weren't too bad, but the Star Wars one is really half-assed.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
gently caress that's a big box.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

The_Doctor posted:

gently caress that's a big box.

I don't even know what's in it (firehouse I assume?) but I'll take it off your hands if it's too much! :v:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

ChesterJT posted:

I don't even know what's in it (firehouse I assume?) but I'll take it off your hands if it's too much! :v:

Yes the Firehouse, and NO ITS FINE EVERYTHING'S FINE

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

My Firehouse is still listed as 'In Warehouse' on the website, despite ordering it 4 days ago. Is that normal for Lego at this time of year?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

PriorMarcus posted:

My Firehouse is still listed as 'In Warehouse' on the website, despite ordering it 4 days ago. Is that normal for Lego at this time of year?

Warehouse probably closed early for New Years Eve, then you have New Years Day, then the weekend... yeah, probably. I placed an order on the 1st and it's still showing as "In Warehouse" as well.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

The Dark Knight Tumbler literally just sold out in the last five minutes while it sat in my cart. If you want it, now is seriously the time to get it while it remains on Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MU2DMX8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Mine too is still 'in warehouse' :negative:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Randalor posted:

How difficult would it be to modify the first row of bricks to add in the 4 pieces to connect them to the other modulars? Or is the baseplate set up so you can't do it that way?

The building has a base plates on either side. The left side swings open, so that is a no go. I suppose you could modify the right side, but the firehouse is on the corner in real life so if you did that it would not be film accurate. :goonsay:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

ireladd posted:

The Dark Knight Tumbler literally just sold out in the last five minutes while it sat in my cart. If you want it, now is seriously the time to get it while it remains on Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MU2DMX8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Thanks, got two!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

djfooboo posted:

Thanks, got two!

I'll buy one off of you for $700!!!

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005

ireladd posted:

I've been buying most of my LEGO sets at Target.com as of late. Their 5% discount along with free shipping helps with my LEGO addiction.

LEGO 76023 - The Tumbler

Here's a few I just picked up today.

LEGO 76044 - Clash of the Heroes
LEGO 76045 - Kryptonite Interception

List of their newest sets

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Aaronicon posted:

Man, that set is going to be a resellers dream. Kylo Ren with actual face underneath, probably the only Maz figurine ever, plus the TRAITOR! trooper. It's like 90AUD as well, just for a 400pc set with 5 minifigs. It'd like custom built to be resold.

Naturally I'm trying to talk myself out of it.

Thank god for Target gift cards :shepspends:

EDIT: For some reason it only rang up as $50, I guess. It's still pretty bad price wise but it's slightly more reasonable I guess. Check your stores?

TARDISman fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 5, 2016

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I stopped by my local Target Sunday morning, and the only things they had were the googly-eyed ziploc bags of creatures, and a few Halloween mystery guys. The shelves were otherwise completely bare.

Holy poo poo.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Help me.

I bought Ultimate Lavaria last night and today I bought Ultimate Aaron and Macy and now I just want to buy the rest

I can't stop myself, I like the theme too much

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Is that a sticker on the bat signal?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Zodack posted:

Help me.

I bought Ultimate Lavaria last night and today I bought Ultimate Aaron and Macy and now I just want to buy the rest

I can't stop myself, I like the theme too much

Yeah, I'm not completely enthralled with the big sets (maybe if I had more space) but most of the minifigures look fantastic. I ordered a bunch.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

McDragon posted:

Yeah, I'm not completely enthralled with the big sets (maybe if I had more space) but most of the minifigures look fantastic. I ordered a bunch.

I'm in the exact same boat. The minfigs are so great, and I love the theme. I don't care to spend money on the large sets - I've got too much Star Wars and Marvel to worry about - but I'm a minifig collector so I can't get enough of the "take a fig with three powers and alternate looks" sets.

I wish they had done a few of the powers better, but on the whole I am really impressed. Aaron especially is great. Macy's design is super cool but that stud shooter is gigantic. Which I think is the point...

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Step 216 of 600 and this has only taking me 4 days to get this far on the Firehouse. I got quiet a ways to go but so far I am loving this build, the detail is fabulous.

I guess having this set take 2 weeks to build will be handy when I still have to figure out where to display this beast.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Star Wars stuff is getting really drat overpriced. Those new glorified battlepacks are like 200 pcs and they are $30.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Zodack posted:

I like the figs but seriously gently caress that set. As far as I can tell from the website pics the only detail in the set is a wall that falls over and the doors might open. If it even had some of the interior it would be interesting but as is it's nothing but overpriced reseller bait. . .

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Stuck in a minifigure-buying loop! Send help!!

The worst part of blind-bag collecting is once you have about 3/4 the set, you start getting a LOT of dupes. :/

I now have 2 sheriffs, 2 archaeologists, four carpenters, 2 snake charmers, 2 kings, 2 goblins, 2 space marines, 1 evil wizard, 1 lady cyclops, and 1 fencer.

Happy to trade anyone any of my dupes. Ideally from this series, but also from any non-monsters, non-Simpsons series, too. :)

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Feenix posted:

Stuck in a minifigure-buying loop! Send help!!

The worst part of blind-bag collecting is once you have about 3/4 the set, you start getting a LOT of dupes. :/

Wouldn't it be better at that point to cut your losses and get what you're missing from a site like BrickLink?

I haven't gotten into the CMF craze yet so I'm not exactly knowledgeable about how to collect them other than they're in grab bags and you have to have deft, LEGO-worn fingers to pick out exactly the one you want.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Or read near-invisible, possibly unreliable bump-codes.

Yes you may be right, But it is fairly fun with the bit of mystery.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Or identify the unique bits and spend forever pinching bags. Slow but 100% reliable.

Unless you're the first one to touch a box, the rares are probably gone. There's always someone else that wanted them too and got there first, so just grabbing and hoping won't work.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
It's not surprising, but I didn't realize there was rarity on several figures. Figured they were all equal. But that's why I was broadcasting for trade here. ;)

I'm gonna rape the poo poo out of an s15 box if I can...

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

Crotch Fruit posted:

I like the figs but seriously gently caress that set. As far as I can tell from the website pics the only detail in the set is a wall that falls over and the doors might open. If it even had some of the interior it would be interesting but as is it's nothing but overpriced reseller bait. . .

Yeah the figures in the set are great, but not great enough to justify the price, a couple of walls and a tree and that's it? I'm sure Lego will justify it by going on about having to make new molds for the new figures, but maybe if they didn't limit those new figures to a single set then maybe they could spread the cost out a bit.

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005

Red posted:

Is that a sticker on the bat signal?

Nope! :D

Lego item no. 6141779 (from the manual).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ffff.. TSA opened my suitcase with all the Firehouse bags (I took them out of the box and then flattened the box for easier transportation). I hope there's nothing missing...

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Tsa is loving useless and all they ever do is rip up my luggage for no real reason ever. It's almost like they hate folded clothes.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I like how it's more secure to mail something across the country via UPS or FedEx than it is to bring it on a plane yourself.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

The_Doctor posted:

Ffff.. TSA opened my suitcase with all the Firehouse bags (I took them out of the box and then flattened the box for easier transportation). I hope there's nothing missing...

Some TSA agent's kid is getting all the ghostbuster minifigs as a belated christmas present!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
My wife once made the mistake of checking a bag with jewelry on it. TSA stole all the jewelry in it.

The terrorists have already won.