Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006
Those are some sweet figs, Carb. I am very excited to see your western town come together. Definitely an underrepresented theme in official sets and in what AFOLs build as well.

As for personal links, here's me on flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34338074@N06/

Also, if you happen to be in Pennsylvania, northern Delaware or south Jersey, consider looking up the LUG (Lego Users Group) I'm a part of!

http://pennlug.forum-motion.com/forum.htm

There are other clubs scattered around the country and around the world, so if you ever feel the need to be surrounded by other people who know what the hell you're talking about when you rant about which Slave I best captured the look of the original, or how Space totally went downhill after Exploriens, you do have some options.

Also, BrickFair, the big east coast Lego fan event, is in a couple weeks. We'll be at the Dulles Expo Center August 7-8, so consider coming down. There'll be somewhere in the neighborhood of 700 registered attendees, most of whom will bring MOCs. My club is bringing a massive layout.

http://www.brickfair.com/

Flavor Bear posted:

They're awesome anyway.
I am torn about BrickArms stuff.
I'm not as much of an anal purist as I was when I was a kid, but I still don't know that I could tolerate their presence if I ordered some.

I feel the same way. The problem for me is that they make more than weapons. Like, look at this little beauty (the clip holding the rocket on)and tell me you can't imagine a ton of uses for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

ExtraNoise posted:

Are there any sites out there that note where certain figs came from?

If you go to Bricklink (link in OP) then Catalog, then Minifigs, you'll find a complete listing of them. Also note that you could probably put the down payment on a new car for the cost of a complete set of Star Wars figs. People sometimes buy the larger sets, sell the figs and basically recover the entire cost of the set that way.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Three-Phase posted:

I have a quick question about the in-store Pick-a-Brick - I've seen where people started carefully packing the PAB containers, stacking bricks and arranging things smartly to get much higher piece yeilds and significantly lower cost per piece than randomly dumping pieces in. I'm tempted to drive to Columbus and get $100+ of PAB pieces for building and designing.

Do the Lego store people get pissy if someone is doing that, or do they not really care if someone packs the PAB container?

I definitely wouldn't worry about it as long as you're polite. At least at the PA store where I go, almost all the employees are AFOLs themselves, so they understand. Besdies, if you pack carefully, in-store PaB is the absolute cheapest way to buy Lego.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

When I went to the PAB wall at the Brighton (England) Lego store, I was slightly disappointed because it was almost all bricks. Proper bricks like 2x4 blocks in various colours. None of the nice interesting little bits that I was hoping for. There were stairs, orange flames and stems/flowers, but nearly everything else was bricks, so I passed.

Also, a large cup was £11 ($16), so... uh, no.

Yeah, unfortunately the adult fan market is not the primary concern of Lego when they offer the stores things to put on the wall. First, all the lower cubbies have to be stocked with large parts (basically just 2x4 bricks and larger) because of the choking risk for small children. Also, they want to include lots of bright colors to catch the eye, which is another thing we tend not to want as much of.

That said, if you're able to get to know the people at the store you might be able to make requests. I think I said this in the other thread, but basically how it works is that the store gets an order form that shows all the parts they can order. The manager places orders, but doesn't always get everything they ask for, so it is a bit hit or miss. At any rate, there usually are small plates and tiles on the list somewhere, and I've gotten some great parts that way.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Ularg posted:

I have all these legos of various sets and such and.. I suck at building stuff! I sat down with a small tub of legos just going through them and seeing what I can do, and nothing was really clicking.

Help me goons, how did you learn to lego?

I got back into it by copying a few designs I saw online. That meant I had to buy some new parts, but it also helped familiarize me with the parts that had come out since I'd stopped buying Lego. I also started picking up some more advanced building techniques that way.

I've also found that making models is another way to approach it, if you like making models. If you're trying to model a real prototype, you have to learn new ways to do things. Not to say making original MOCs doesn't require innovation, just that I think model making forces you in new directions you might not otherwise go in.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Mascot posted:

Got inspired by the hardsuits and mechs on the last few pages of the old thread and figured I'd give it a try. It's my first attempt at anything like this, and I know I've got all kinds of different greys in there, but let me know what you think.

Fullsize

Fullsize

Honestly, I don't often go in for mecha, but I really love this thing. The wheel wells around the cockpit and those canopies for feet are my favorite details. It has balance and a real feeling of weight to it.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Carbohydrates posted:

Tower Bridge

I hope those are cheese slopes making up the corners. I can see what appear to be a few tan cheeses in there. Tan cheese at last.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

Why are the part numbers on bricklink different from those that Lego itself uses?

IIRC, the numbers that Lego puts in the back of instructions are item numbers that also encode the color of the brick. They actually do use the numbers that Bricklink does, as well. You'll find them printed on the bricks. If you look inside the bottom of a 2x4 brick, for example, you'll find "3001" printed on it. There are some part molds that don't have them, and some of the Bricklink numbers are arbitrarily assigned. Particularly ones that begin with "x" or "bb".

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Catsworth posted:

I called TRU but they said they won't be out until August 6th despite it being for sale on the site.

Some TRUs do have them, and my local Lego store (King of Prussia) has them on sale now to compete with TRU. Maybe other Lego stores are doing the same thing.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006
I've been very busy these last few weeks. I am building an intermodal container port complete with ship, cranes and all the rest for Brickfair this year. Most of it is done and boxed up to go, but here's one photo of the old, rotting dock that sits off to one side of the main port.

Seeing as this port required building so many different things, I'll have many more pictures soon.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006
Got in from BrickFair really late yesterday. It was a great time and, as an added bonus, the press was all over it. My subway made it on CNN.com.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2010/08/08/pkg.expressive.legos.cnn?hpt=C2

It was also where I was able to debut my container port. Here's a few shots. Full set on flickr as always. I can't take credit for the water, yard trucks or the rail cars: other members of my club designed those. Otherwise it's basically all me.

RKOMG! posted:

they've got to lay the place out in such a way that it isn't utter chaos.

It was much better than last year, though. We've been in a hotel in the past and we've more than outgrown it. We also had 19,000 public visitors this year which was just insane.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006
I'm really glad to see some people got out to BrickFair. The fan events are great fun and a rare chance to be surrounded by ~700 other AFOLs. I rarely find anything more inspiring than seeing what everyone else comes up with.

It's even more fun if you comne as a registered attendee. You get to hang out from Thursday through Sunday at most events, and we were allowed on the Expo Center floor at BrickFair until 2 AM. Most conventions also have a Lego Store event where we're turned loose on damaged merchandise at a 50% discount. I netted myself a Green Grocer, Emerald Night and the New Space Shuttle this year.

ought ten posted:

Microscale castle with a well done cliff face.

That's my friend and fellow PennLUG member Chris Edwards. He and I collaborated on the water for my port, so you can see where the design comes from.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

ought ten posted:

That's fantastic. I hadn't made the connection but I see it now. I really like the look he achieves. Were you hanging out by the trains at the PennLUG table on Sunday around 1?

I probably was. I was there most of the time.

quote:

This post-apocalyptic table (maybe DC area LUG?)

The post-apoc layout was headed up by Carter Baldwin, who's also in PennLUG. He built the tall, leaning building with all the broken windows. It isn't any specific LUG that built the rest. It was basically an invitation-only collaboration. They started the planning last year for how the snow standard would look and where the major structures would go. The Washington Monument is becoming a fixture of the display every year.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Intoxication posted:

Slowly it grows:

Overall I really like it. I think the waterfall is my favorite detail. You've really nailed the movement of the water where it hits the pond, and using two colors for the pond water is very effective.

I normally don't go in for rock made with BURPs, but I think you've done a good job of preventing too much repetition. I also think you've done a good job placing vegetation.

One thing I don't much like is the use of slope bricks on the path. The transation between the flat parts of the path and the slopes is a bit extreme I think. I tend to think any landspace except for rock whould be made with plates and bricks with studs showing everywhere. An exception might be the green slopes you have around the rim of the pond. I think they get the job done pretty well. I also can't see the transition between the path, which I assume is dirt, and the wooden dock. I'd suggest making the dock out of tiles to show that difference better. Also, and maybe you just haven't gotten to this yet, but the path should probably be lower than the ground around it, rather than higher. Little details like those really sell a landscape, I think.

I'm not trying to be hypercritical or anything, but I've been doing a lot of thinking and discussing about landscape lately.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Jbobj posted:

This huge glass was made of almost entirely clear 2x1 bricks. I don't remember if there is naturally enough spacing to get those bricks to curve so nice like that, or they did something like file all those bricks on one side.

Click here for the full 548x910 image.

1x2 bricks can make curves that big naturally. I've seen it used to great effect in space and castle MOCs as well as sculptures. In fact, I think there was a discussion about that in here a long time ago.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Are there ever any Lego reps at the cons, and if so, do they just ignore stuff like this or do they walk around clucking their tongues and giving disapproving looks to stuff like this and vendors like Brickarms?

There are plenty of Lego reps present at shows like this. Usually Steve Witt, Community Coordinator for North America, attends as do representatives from the local stores. Sometimes other employees come to give talks. For example, Jamie Berard, who used to be in NELUG, I believe, gave a talk on concept models this year. He designed the Cafe Corner buildings, Emerald Night, and some of the Creator sets. Here's his prototype Creator garbage truck that never came to be in and of itself, but became the basis for the Toy Story truck.

Lego doesn't really take any official position on the violent MOCs and third party stuff like Brickarms as far as I am aware. They just ask that their name and trademarks never be associated with other products.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

Yeah, I'll have to get the old-school hinges probably (although the click hinges would solve the "support itself" problem...)

I you were to double the number of finger hinges in that old set design to 4 rows, it would definitely support itself, unless you got some really loose hinges. It might even do alright as is. Sometimes those hinges are pretty tight.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006
If you're looking for a good way to spend $30, I'd definitely recommend the Harry Potter Game. Over 300 pieces. Really awesome pieces. It has a rare 6 x 6 tile in gray and 4 clear minifig heads for lights. Here's a couple other highlights:

TONS of 2 x 2 jumpers:

2 x 2 L-panel corners. A piece unique to this set:

There's also a new mold for the 8 x 16 tile (the set has 4). Look at this craziness:

The games in general are good buys. Lots of tiles and other parts in odd colors. Many of the sets also have this insanely useful new piece:

Right now it's unique to the games, and it's possible that it will stay that way. So check them out if you get a chance. The little $10 robot game is pretty good, too.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Pyroclastic posted:

I think someone in this thread mentioned, or I read somewhere else, that US Lego stores are getting them in November, which usually means mid-late October for TRU and some other locations.

I actually spoke to one of the guys at the Lego Store today, and apparently they heard "early September" from on high. They don't have an exact date though. If it's true, I'd start looking in TRU for them soon. They'll put them out as soon as they get them.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Otterspace posted:

I just made my first bricklink order, weee. I couldnt find 10x10 plates or bigger. Do those not exist?

Welcome to the addicts' club. As for plates, 8 x 8 is the largest square. 6 x 24 is the longest 1-plate-thick plate. There are longer plates that are double thick that are used for train car bases as well.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006
It's official: Minifigs Series 2 have begun to appear in U.S. TRUs. Haven't seen them here in PA yet, but I'll be sure to let you know when I do.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Red posted:

As soon as any of you find it, post a UPC key. The key for the first series was a godsend.

Here's a flickr link for one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/savatheaggie/4903956694/

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006
Here's something from the world of Trains:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?s=92814fa42f4e24da7bf09da9af3687f5&showtopic=45358

This guy on Eurobricks was interested in running his Lego trains prototypically, that is, the way real trains are run. So he set up a system of signals and built a telegraph to go along with them. That way, multiple operators, none of whom can see the entire track layout, can communicate and send the trains safely down the line. My favorite part of it is that he used the old 4.5 volt trains with period construction techniques to illustrate it.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006
The King of Prussia Lego store got the series 2 Minifigures in today. I got a call from a friend around 1 to tell me, and I got to the store at 6. They were already sold out. They're letting them go 16 to a customer. If you live near a Lego store and want to get them there, go NOW.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

Would tan and dark tan work as a parquet wood floor?

e: or should I use brown and dark tan?

I personally think brown and dark tan would look better, but I think tan is perfectly viable too. Depends on the kind of wood, I suppose. You can also try alternating old brown and new brown, if you want to be really fancy.

afflictionwisp posted:

Y'all are no drat help whatsoever, but there's plenty of time for you to redeem yourselves, 'cause this moc is quickly getting out of control.

These are funny as hell!

What's the specific issue?

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

afflictionwisp posted:

I can't get the heads of the lion-turtle statues to look right. I've gotten close:

I'm ok with not having the ears, they're too small, but the eyes and the nose just don't look right. Getting rid of the 1x1 slopes and just using plates for the eyes makes the face too flat. It's a lot of detail in a small space, but there must be something I can do.

Ok, sorry. Didn't realize the turtles were part of the big building you posted. I honestly don't know what to say about the turtles. At that scale it's hard to do much of anything in the way of facial detail. My only suggestion might be to use a 1x1 brick with studs on 4 sides in the center of the head (in the same orientation as the headlight brick you have in there now), so you could build outward in all directions.

e: The green headlight brick, I mean. The one that's in there sideways.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Carbohydrates posted:

I'm referring specifically to the conflict between the yellow piece and the blue one. Take a close look in LDD and you'll see them clipping through each other. I'm not sure why the program allows that connection.

edit: Doesn't look like it'd be a big enough problem for it not to hold well enough, though

Here it is. It's not a legal connection as you can see. The headlight brick is pushed out of place a bit, but I suspect it will still work fine.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Glass Joe posted:

I knew I shouldn't have read this thread, now I want to go back to my parents' house and pick up my giant tubs of bricks.

I've been looking at the product catalog, and I noticed the train tracks they use now aren't the same as 20 years ago. Are they compatible? I want my Lego train :(

I'm happy to answer any train-related questions! What kind of track did you have?

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Glass Joe posted:

The kind that came with this set. Light gray tracks, dark gray ties.

Sorry for the delayed response. The track gauge is compatible between all types of Lego Trains. So, if your old battery powered train still works, you could run it on the new track. Transitioning between the two types of track is really difficult though. Not impossible, but a real pain.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yeah, that's one of the downsides I'm seeing in modern Lego. It seems like a lot of sets use traditional bricks for the under-structure, and then use all sorts of custom, pre-molded shapes for the outer areas.

Obviously not everything is like that, but it's why stuff like the Atlantis line holds zero appeal for me. I was quite happy to find the Green Grocer set I got was pretty much made up of standard brick types.

Ok, this is going to sound really nerdy, but whatever. I think you need to look at Lego holistically, here. Who cares if new sets have fewer traditional elements. They are still widely available (especially in Creator and Cafe Corner sets). New parts open up new possibilities. I used to be very anti-new part as well, but watching what people do with "useless" parts has truly changed my mind. The only parts I don't much like are the ones that mostly originated in the late 90s, that were intended to be shortcuts. They didn't provide any new opportunites for building, but rather were just a single part made from multiple parts.

The above is a classic example; a Rock Raiders vehicle base. The only reason this existed was to keep parts counts low, while still making sets look big. It's nothing more than a scam, really. Even if it were used in some awesome MOC, I can't imagine that basic pieces couldn't have been used to equal effect.

So basically, yes, construction methods of sets have changed. For example, the difference between todays Space Police and the older Space stuff is that there is an increased emphasis on playability. The new sets incorporate more Technic elements and Technic connections to make them less likely to break, but the details are still there, IMO. As far as new parts go, Lego has been giving us many useful new basic elements every year for the part few years. If they want to make a bunch of new Bionicle type stuff, that's fine. Those parts are awesome too, when used correctly.

Seen on flickr today.

Not a personal attack or anything, I just wanted to share my views on the matter. I'm always excited these days when new parts are released, and I'm constantly amazed what people manage to do with them.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

BrainWeasel posted:

Man, I really want some of those parts in the minifig collections to make it to general production. I can't find the minifigs locally and I don't want to pay collectors' prices on Bricklink/Ebay.

Whether or not it's really true, they have specifically stated that this probably won't happen. The minifigs are made at a separate facility from regular parts, as are the games, apparently. For the clubs placing orders through the LUGBulk program, we've been told we can't order Minifig or Games parts.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

afflictionwisp posted:

Is it a plate? A brick? A bracket? Who knows! What's the part number? I thought it would be under Plate, Modified on bricklink, but it's not, and Peeron doesn't have an inventory for the set.

It is a Plate, Modified:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=87609

When in doubt, just find the entry for the set on Bricklink, and use its inventory.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Geared Hub posted:

Anyone know of the value of a few tupperware tubs of lego. All collected by myself over 10 years, never really played with lots of unassembled kits.

It has 3 complete model team black cat big rigs [5571] 2 unassembled still in bags with manuals. Most of the sets are technic. There's the latest super crane technic set with the motors and a few tractor kits, probably over 20-30,000 pieces.

Easilly over 100+ of the technic large wheels from model team to the old school giant tractor tires.

I'm thinking of throwing the whole works on ebay, I'm looking to buy more 4x4 parts and I can always buy legos again when I have kids and room for it.

Some of the items are still boxed.

Let me put it this way:

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=4529

If you have the energy to do it, you'll make the most money selling the complete sets individually through Bricklink or Ebay, but I understand that's a lot of work. I honestly don't know what large lots like that go for online anymore, as I don't pay much attention. The other possibility is to approach your local LUG if you live near one, and see if they'll buy the whole lot. My club does that sometimes, and then we divide the sets and parts up between us. You might get more money that way, because you'll be selling it to multiple people who know the worth of the sets, and who aren't looking to resell them.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006
Dano on flickr is usually up on new set pics. He's posting some for 2011 now. I think I like the direction Atlantis is going:

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

BrainWeasel posted:

Are there any Castle sets with these sliding groove pieces that actually use a mechanism for raising/lowering the gate? I want to put one in my current project, but I want it to work on a principle other than "the giant hand of God reaches down and opens the gate for us."

The new King's Castle uses the same pieces for its gate raising mechanism. This gate slides into those grooved bricks on either side, and is raised using a fairly clever use of this thing where its bars actually key into the holes in the gate like a gear. They also built in a little stop to keep the gate up, but there's actually enough tension built in to hold it as-is.

Also, look what came in at the Lego Store today:

If I get around to building it today, I'll post some highlights, but here's one definite highlight for now:

Yeah, that's tan.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

WaynesWorldGirl posted:

The price on those spartans is loving criminal. I just wanted one because I like historal-themed Legos (that's why I caved and bought Roman stuff from Brickforge), but a bunch of dumbass jerks trying to army build are ruining the fun, like usual. I hope they reissue all the collectable minifigs later.

Personally I think it's unlikely they'll re-release the figs, but Series 1 and 2 were kind of a unique case. None of the stores knew what to do with them, so they just didn't order that many. As a result, Series 1 was hard to get, but because the public didn't know about them either, they weren't too rare. Now that they're popular, Series 2 is kind of a mess to find. I finally found them at the Rockefeller Plaza Lego Store. They're well-stocked with them, and will likely be for a while, as that's the new flagship store. Hopefully, now that the big stores know what they are and how popular they are, Series 3 and beyond will be better-stocked.

If it's any consolation for you, it appears that they're reusing the spartan helmet in that Atlantis set I posted earlier, only in a different color.

Batham posted:

Seeing this broke my heart a little bit. It remembered me that I gave away all my lego stuff, including that awesome Alien ship and that Explorer Battlemech, to my little brother over 10 years ago.

He then tossed it all away a few years ago. :smith:

edit:

This was the last Lego set I ever got.

Wait, did you actually have the Chinese knockoff version of that set, or was that just the first picture you found?

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

toaster_pastry posted:

I was disappointed to see that the Millennium Falcon isn't available from the lego website. Was it discontinued?

The last I saw of it was at the BrickFair store event, where they bring out damaged boxes for half price. I got one for $250 at the Brickworld event, myself. I would be really surprised to see them again, though. They've been out of regular circulation for months, now.

WaynesWorldGirl posted:

Don't get me wrong, the market spoke and I paid my goddam $9 for one on bricklink, I just feel bad for people without the means to do so. I just like to think of Legos as being carefree fun for everyone, but now we're into "star exclusive sets" and "minifig scalping" territory and it's really sad.

I absolutely agree with you. The Minifigs should have been nothing more than a fun impulse buy, and I think better supplies will make them that way next year.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

InfinEight posted:

I've been wanting-- needing a good lightbox for a looong time,

I bought a massive window shade from Home Depot a long time ago to serve as a projection screen. I never used it for that, but lately I've been using it to take Lego photos with some decent results. Ideally, you should be replacing the background in Photoshop anyway, so a smooth backdrop will only make that easier, but probably shouldn't be seen as an end unto itself. (I'm not trying to be overcritical. I haven't bothered with the background replacement yet myself) At any rate, the shade cost me something like $20, and it's about 6'x5', so I think it should serve your needs as well.

As for photo technique, this interview on Brothers Brick lays out some pretty useful ideas:

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2010/03/10/more-to-the-brick-than-meets-the-eye-an-interview-with-fredo-houben/#more-14083

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

AstroZamboni posted:

Okay... I think it may be true love.

This girl I've been seeing for a couple of weeks is a serious LEGO hobbyist. She also spins, dyes and knits/crochets her own wool products and sells them.

A couple nights ago, she showed me her latest project; an incredibly detailed knit yarn doll of a lego minifig (about 8 inches tall and fully poseable) with interchangable heads patterned on popular minifig faces. It was one of the most awesome things I've ever seen. I very nearly came in my pants when she showed it to me.

And that's only one tiny facet of her awesomeness, and she's beautiful too. She also seems to have feelings for me, which is bizarre.

So yeah... If being an AFOL actually helps me get laid, I will declare AFOL a religion and try to get it a tax-exempt status. I will bow down and worship the Danish gods who helped improve my life.

It goes without saying, but... there's a keeper.

I'm fortunate my SO enjoys my hobby because not every AFOL I know is so lucky.

Carbohydrates posted:

It gets... even worse, actually. It doesn't even look remotely appropriate there.

Yeah, that. Someone on one of the flickr pages where it was posted figured it out. It's not just the use of that piece, it's how it clashes so horribly with the angular, studdy wings. Terrible.

Shuppiluliumas fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Sep 27, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Bophf posted:

Is it lame that I'm really looking forward to the Winter Village Bakery? http://shop.lego.com/product/?p=10216&LangId=2057&ShipTo=US Probably, and it might just be the baker in me getting excited, but drat if I'm not going to grab it when I can.

Not at all. The Toy Shop was a great set. I'm really looking forward to this one, and I hope they keep making more.