Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Fully transformable Zeta Gundam MOC. :stare:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqNzC9vzrVE

(Based on this: http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/MSZ-006_Zeta_Gundam)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Oh man, Slizer's and original Bionicles. :allears:
I do know I combined http://brickset.com/sets/8521-1/ and http://brickset.com/sets/8534-1 into an awesome winged warrior thing.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I've been lurking this thread for ages now because even though I don't actually play with my Lego any more I still love the stuff. I'm glad I never sold it, I stored all of it away for my eventual kids or myself.

A while ago a good BTTF Delorean was posted here, either improved on the Lego set or a full custom design. Does anybody know what I'm talking about?
BTTF is probably my favorite movie franchise and to decorate my new place I want to to pick up the upcoming universe/game minisets and supplement it with a proper Lego Delorean.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I have been a lurker in this thread for ages, I love LEGO and I still have all my childhood sets in storage (For my kids eventually I guess but also nostalgia).
That Saturn V though, If there was 2 things t hat I loved as a kid it was "space" and "LEGO". I think I need that thing after 15 years of not buying any LEGO. :v:

Since you guys mentioned limited prints and stuff I assume it won't show up in regular stores? I'm in EU-Netherlands if it matters w.r.t. obtaining one.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I am finally employed again and I'll earn about 15% more than before to boot, so I wanted to treat myself.
As mentioned before when I was in elementary school I loved 1: LEGO and 2: Space exploration so I just ordered a Saturn V, really excited to get it. Even if its kinda pricy at €129.99 irregardless of my country sharing a border with Denmark. :v:

Its weird, after ~14 years I bought Lego again and I'm so happy about it. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

Same boat I was all about Legos as a kid and mentioned how I couldn't wait until my daughter was old enough to have a crate of them to my fiancé, so she went to target and surprised me with the AT-ST and Y-Wing set. 20 years since I had that feeling of excitement and it all came flooding back.
It really is plastic crack isn't it? :ohdear:
Ever since ordering the set I am tempted to bury out this badboy that I have in storage (I have all my Lego in storage for my kids/nostalgia)

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Zedd posted:

It really is plastic crack isn't it? :ohdear:
Ever since ordering the set I am tempted to bury out this badboy that I have in storage (I have all my Lego in storage for my kids/nostalgia)

Being Impatient for the Saturn V I went digging:

Inside the box, bit messy and I don't remember the base being a sled...

Seems I made a MOC back as a kid. :v:

I also remembered I had this kickass 80's Miami Vice/Baywatch thing. :pcgaming:

Edit: Formatted post, let me know if the images are too big and ill timg them all.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 15, 2017

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Rythe posted:

Man my local Lego store said they don't expect a restock of the Saturn V rockets in store for at least 2-3 weeks and I just now have the spare cash to grab one.
My order changed from likely to ship by the 15th to backordered this week and my country doesn't seem to have official stores. :smith:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

ivantod posted:

Yeah, what IS happening with that thing? You could back order it for a while, and I assume they shipped those orders (they certainly did mine), but even that was weeks ago and no sign of it coming back yet (although the page does say it's out of stock only temporarily).

It is available on amazon.com from sellers, but for basically double the price, so I don't know why anybody would buy that, unless there is a clear indication that there won't be any more stock, which I doubt.
Mine was Out of stock, expected 15 june. 15 june came around and now it's backordered with no real updates. :smith:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

ivantod posted:

Wait, do you mean you were able to order it when it was back ordered like a month ago with the note that it will ship by such and such date and they still haven't shipped it yet? That's pretty crappy.

Hopper posted:

Exactly this for me, I am considering calling the customer service to ask what's up. I don't mind getting it late but if the answer is we don't know, then I'll hit up lego stores. There was still a large stock (10+) in Leicester Square on the 8th of June for example, even though Tibetans already backordered. I was limited to hand luggage though so I didn't buy it and stuck with my order.
My country doesn't have official LEGO stores so I guess ill just wait, I'm just not used to backordered with zero info being available on a website; usually it at least has an ETA.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Jun 24, 2017

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Does lego release their own manuals/models for LDD?

I may have an idea. :ohdear:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I still have 90% of my boxes from back when I was a kid, most of them containing the still-build/half disassembled build inside.
Takes about 5 moving boxes total but worth it just to keep my childhood nostalgia safe.

(Also my Saturn V arrived last week and it was amazing to build LEGO again after ~15 years)

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

ElwoodCuse posted:

Toys R Us is profitable, they are being run out of business by debt scammers
Same thing happened in The Netherlands to some chains, they get bought by a VC company. They split the stores and the properties into two different companies and really crank up the rent over time, then the storefront side goes under and the real estate gets liquidated.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

So I don't do a lot of LEGO any more (I do own the Saturn V and it's awesome)but where can I find info on that make your own brickhead thing coming to EU stores? Would make a cute wedding gift to my friend.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Ineptitude posted:

Is this four sets?
Two I think, Jangbrick's video showed being able to make 2 people with 1 set:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSoDuJgFc3c

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Koramei posted:

What the hell kid were you where you just made some boring rear end normal city. I guess I didn't really have the bricks or minifigs available to me to not have it either be a weird mishmash or be super sparsely populated, but then I bet that goes for 95% of kids out there today too.
Due to both having a large family and LEGO being the only toy I really liked I actually had A city (Airport, train, police station, firehouse, shuttlelaunch, coastguard, self-build homes, etc) but even my "normal city" also had a Pirate boat that I added wings too, a car with legs and a cowboy fort.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

deoju posted:

I wanna say he got a cease and desist from lego for reviewing the Last Jedi sets early.

Pretty sure that's accurate yeah, though I feel that is also influenced by it being a licenced IP.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

obi_ant posted:

Can you display the Saturn V upright? Is it stable when it is upright?
I live 40m from an industrial railroad and my building shakes with heavy freightreins: My Saturn V has been upright since it can out and hasn't tipped once whereas other stuff has.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Brickheads and maybe stuff like a buildable Mech+D.va, payload and Bastion seems it would have the most appeal.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Carbohydrates posted:

Okay I feel like my display is finally "done" or, at least, in a complete enough state that I don't feel the need to gently caress with it anymore. I'm more or less satisfied with everything in there right now.

I have Ninjago City on my desk because all of its overhanging stuff doesn't fit in this shelf, but everything else is here!

I like this a lot, reminds me of my own shelves (just not filled with lego). I don't like it when people cram everything they have in the same spot. Let the collection "breathe".
I rotate things in and out of my DETOLF.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

IIRC he alluded to being part of Paypal in it's early days and that enabling him to live his dream now. So he probably cashed out and/or has stock. Is doing Lego cause he wants too and the money he makes off it is likely more to counter the spending than to really profit off.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

VaultAggie posted:

I don’t know poo poo about voltron and that set looks amazing. Not even a bad part/price ratio either.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

JANGBricks made a quick-video channel and this video is p good about the set:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2L3l4c5e2c

The "complete" video is like 25minutes and also good.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I still have a working 1990's/2000's train in my storage, this one:

I also had a railway crossing from a later batch, a track-cleaner from the same line, and signpost-repair lorry. I build my own station and botched together a traincar that could hold helicopters. It was mostly mismatched themes but the variety was just great. :3:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

The Oxberg line is the doors and panels, the billy is the thing itself. So the price difference is buying a [Billy+Oxberg] set vs Buying the pieces separately. It's likely a sales or logistics tactic (Going by Dutch Ikea here).

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

No Mei, Brigette and Moira yet. No buy. :colbert:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I sold my NES for like 10 Gulden (less than 5 euro) with like a ton of games at a flea market. :suicide:
My mom never allowed me to get rid of my Lego though due to the value and how much I'd regret it, I didn't want to anyway since I wanted to at least keep it for my kids.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Here they are allowed it to leave it at a willing neighbour (low value and non medical items), they come back the next day, or drop it at your closest pick-up point. Just dropping it on the curb is weird af. :stare:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Humphreys posted:

Randomly came up while watching some Lego videos, much more facinating that I thought. Is it really a thing or did the guy just effort the gently caress out of this video? It's really slick either way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2AbcCbyJ2U
This amazingly weird and amazingly well produced, what a fun watch.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

But it works out to the exact same price as the US? You aren't actually paying more after the conversion rates. I always see Canadians do this lol.

Not that I'm saying it's a particularly good deal either way.

Conversion rates and actual average pay don't always sync up so a thing can be same prince in real money, but still larger % of a paycheck. And while you can buy it from other countries that still sucks.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I googled but... When can we expect that moon lander set?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Being from a country without official stores: Can I expect the Moon Lander to be on sale in the webshop tomorrow?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Oh yeah, this is the good stuff. Tell us more.

Please.

I'm close.

Enjoy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Human_Centipede

Edit: jfc what a page opener.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Great choice of game in the background, I assume you are a BR King?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

PowerBeard posted:

Just needed a background that didn't overpower the models, but yeah, I suffered through that thing all those years ago.
Could have turned it off, but this was the better choice. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Make a Saturn X. :downs:
I know it's a joke but that would be a Saturn VI, not and X. :argh:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

My Eagle has landed. :toot:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Ineptitude posted:

Yeah how can someone that frequents the internet not be familiar with Terry Crews :iiam:

Just the fact that he is a celebrity that is a huge nerd (huge star wars fan, runs a weekly DnD campaign, etc) would probably have made the internet embrace him, but he is also a spokesperson for womens rights, has come out and talked about how he was sexually abused (?) and have been praised for bringing that topic to light, he is a decent actor and absolutely hillarious in anything he is in, has like a masters degree in art and is an accomplished painter. The fact that he is a huge muscular guy that doesn't look like he would have any knowledge of any of the previous topics is icing on the cake.
Also while he did sometimes have some weirder takes and opinions, he was willing to listen to advice and admit he was wrong multiple times. Which is getting rare nowadays.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

My Saturn V can be held up by the top (non command module) stage and wiggled a bit, it's been together for 2 years now.
I don't recommend tempting fate on shaking it apart and intentionally picking it up on smaller stages but it's drat study. The most I had fall off was the escape module.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I have a full LEGO football (yes thats how it's called :argh:) stadium in storage bins somewhere, the line was from 1998 when looking it up.
It was some of SHELL gas station savings thing iirc (guess being a sick kid meant at least we got plenty gas station coupons :smith: ).

IIRC I am missing a second set of the non-luxury stands, I had 6 stands total and the rest of it all.
Biggest picture I could find of the completed set:

I do like how it's also LEGO canon you need riot cops at footy matches. :v:

Zedd fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 6, 2020