Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
I'm not sure how you goons view LDD, but

Had to take out the lower elevators, and re-jig the connections between the sections (LDD :argh:). I think it's a comfortable balance between owning the model and having money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

I see Series 1 minifigs everywhere in Australia. I don't think they're as popular over here.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Pyroclastic posted:

Lots of people in the store at 11am, and drat near everyone was getting a Lego game. Looks like they're getting popular.

I will most likely be getting creationary when it goes on sale.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

It's a bit hard to see, but it is definitely folded and overlapped in the official photo.

also found a good series 2 barcode pdf:

http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/miscellaneous/8684Barcodes.pdf

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

/\/\/\ I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but I've enhanced the image, just in case.

edit: quote is not edit

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Death of Rats posted:

And just for nostalgia, I think this was the one model I always wanted and never got (apart from the really big pirate ship that "that one kid" always had, and everyone secretly wanted:

I had both of these as a kid. I only just realised how lucky I was.

Sadly, I threw them out years ago.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Shuppiluliumas posted:

My sense of scale! NOOOOOOOOOOO!

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

So I got Creationary for Christmas, and I'm totally loving it.

I'm wondering if anyone else plays it? They seem pretty popular, but do the hardcore AFOLs play it?

fake edit: Also, the Creationary box advocates sorting by colour.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Just went to the local Target in Australia, they have 20% off all Lego. Unfortunately, they didn't have any creator sets or any other sets that interested me/were in my price range. They did have S3 minifigs, though, and I can confirm that they're going for almost $5 each (before the 20% off). I bought a baseball player.

Also was dicking around in LDD and came up with this:

Furthermore, Alien Conquest owns hard.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

downfall posted:

Any chance of this embiggened to wallpaper size? Or more like it?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

downfall posted:

I'm planning on doing some more in the future, but I can put up a wallpaper size of this one if you let me know what size you need.

My current resolution is 1280x1024 but if you want to just throw up a big one in widescreen, I can sort the rest out myself.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

downfall posted:

This should do the trick. Let me know if not!

Perfect! Can't wait to see more.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Saint Sputnik posted:

Could probably write your own rules for Creationary. Or play, like, a Lego version of that game where you draw (build) something and someone has to guess what it is? Or everyone can just make CubeDudes.

Creationary is almost the same thing as Pictionary. You can actually check out the rules for Creationary from the Lego website.

I'd recommend laying down a tablecloth before you bust out the bricks. It'll save a lot of time cleaning up at the end of the night.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Time Cowboy posted:

Is that little alien slug critter designed to slip over a minifig's head? Because that would be awesome.

It is designed to do just that, yes. I think there might have been a pic of one on a head posted a few pages back.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Is the set between the wookiee and the rebel pilot (top right) thematically appropriate? I'm sure I don't get it. Otherwise some very cool micro builds in there.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

I wish I could afford that pet shop. I'm loving the painter inside the townhouse.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

It's always the little details. Like the scythe/claw things used for canards on the GT3.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Hey, it's Technic man! I remember him :allears:

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

I know that Star Wars LEGO is marked up, I didn't realise just how much.

Visiting my local toy store this week, I spied a Fire Station (the deluxe modular one, ~2200pc.) for $300. The same store had a Tantive IV (~1400pc.) for $320.

For any ausgoons interested, this is Toy World at Eastland, Vic. They are the best LEGO stockist I've found in the area. They also had a big Mars Mission space ship for some reason.

\/\/\/ This is Australia. Toys R Us Australia is terribly overpriced and understocked here. :smith:

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jun 20, 2011

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

I hope Iron Man gets fixed up...

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

I hope they do a realistic police station one day, like the deluxe fire station. I would be all over that.

Speaking of which, what's the news on any further sets like that?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

einTier posted:

Wow. That's amazing how dark it is when it's lying down and how faint it is when it's stood up and there's something behind it.

That's because of its shadow.

Pyroclastic posted:

vvvvvvvvvv
Since they just released the Pet Shop, there won't be another modular building for at least another year.

I was more wondering if there was any hint of what it would be yet.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Torael_7 posted:

I think he's saying that Pirates jumped the shark with a fourth movie that only featured one of its original stars.

But Legolas and whatever her name was were the worst parts of the first three. How could they have made a movie worse by removing them?

Also, how is Geoffrey Rush not a star?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

The orange part of the roof extension is fabric? And fabric curtains? The amount of detail in that set is amazing.

Edit:

Lava lamp!

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 16, 2011

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Series 5 minifigs hit Toys R Us store in Australia over the weekend, picked up the gladiator and queen's guard. It's a shame the gladiator's helmet hides so much of his face.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Is this new?

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Brandenburg-Gate-21011

Either way, I love it.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

I think it looks more like conqueror sans than humper

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Just finished building the Winter Village Toy Shop with the wife. She is now hooked.

I don't know whether I should be happy because I can more easily support my own addiction or unhappy because I now have to share.

Also the Toy Shop is gorgeous.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Has anyone else noticed any parallels between those Playmobil sets and the collectible minifigs?

(Please let there be a hobo minifig in series 8.)

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

And the kids love it. I have a friend who works for TRU here in Aus and he tells me they are like crack for kids.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

The hat is from the minifig series 5 mobster. The "gun" is just a hose nozzle

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Souichiro posted:

That's BS. Might want to call back and see if you can get someone else to hear you out.

Seconding this. Generally the law is that, if the manufacturer fucks up, it's the manufacturer's problem.

Also, in Australia we'd all be hosed, since there are no Lego stores and buying it through Lego's online store is stupid.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

CADPAT posted:

Because I have my SW Advent calendar at work, I opened Day 3 at work and I don't know WTF.

At first I thought it was a half droideka, but after some research, I think it was a holo-projector from Episode 1 (http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/Science-Fiction-News.asp?NewsNum=2929). Kind of a failure to make something fun right there

You are correct. It's called a Mechno-chair.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

I know I am getting my kid DUPLO for Christmas instead of Mega Bloks. Even if they are stupid expensive.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Fooley posted:

You know with the stickers vs. printed thing I'm surprised Brickarms or someone never made a service to paint whatever the hell you want on bricks. Of course that makes them even more specialized than printed ones, but I'd rather have that than a sticker.

I know that in Australia there's a company called BrickInk that does custom printing.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Manchild King posted:

You mean the Lego Starwars Minifig Collectors Guide? I think I might be getting that for christmas actually. Very nice large colour photos of over 200 minifigs.

Or are these different books?

There's quite a few. Google offers five current books:
  • LEGO Star Wars Visual Dictionary
  • LEGO Star Wars Ultimate Sticker Book
  • LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia
  • LEGO Star Wars Brickmaster
  • LEGO Star Wars X-Wing Activity Box: The Essential Collection

The last one includes a smaller version of the visual dictionary, a Heroes book, a Villians book and a 61-piece x-wing model.

I am sure there are more than this, too.

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Dec 7, 2011

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

This year's winter village set had a bench, too.

Besides, i though the calendar bench was a prison bench.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Some of the Space Police III sets that were canned are quite good. My favourite is this one

Also,

Mr Krab from Spongebob Squarepants

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

I like that it rewards you for building well, not just guessing. Some of the builds are difficult for their supposed level, though.

I'm also a little disappointed they didn't call it Bricktionary, although that might have been a bit too close for Hasbro's comfort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

My 3-year-old daughter likes to play with my LEGO. So far, she's had fun with winter village, creator log cabin and Toy Story stuff, as well as a few random minifigs. She's not much of a builder yet, that's why she's getting DUPLO for Christmas. I'll definitely be looking at getting her some of the friends stuff next year.

Also, I see the mad scientist's flask is getting used again in the scientist set.