Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Mascot posted:

BIG MECHS.

Those are pretty awesome. What are the trapezoid/cockpit shaped pieces on the top of the feet from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Mascot posted:

It's been in a few sets as a windscreen/rollcage. Here's the bricklink info on it:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=47758

Awesome, thanks.

Intoxication posted:

I felt the urge to build something castle-like in the style of a diorama. Enjoy my rock fortress.

That's pretty amazing. I always enjoyed building crazy rear end castles (Nothing that crazy. :v:) as a kid. When I get my own place and get my old Legos from my dad's storage I'll have to try building up some poo poo of my own.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Does anyone remember or have a list or something that shows when the new Slave 1 is coming out? I want to say it was July or August sometime, but it was awhile ago we first heard about it so I can't be sure.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

I called TRU but they said they won't be out until August 6th despite it being for sale on the site.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

So we had a Lego Atlantis party at my work (Borders) today that I'd volunteered to host. It would have been pretty awesome had they not given me the super thick pack of instructions and activities the night before when it wanted a week prep time and 2-3 employees hosting (It was only me).

I was surprised how many kids showed up though. (About 20. I figured we'd get upwards of 5 at most) We did some trivia and they all got a little Atlantis mini-set thing though and seemed to enjoy it enough, so I guess it turned out alright. Also I got to take home all the leftover sets, a good 15 or so. They're really small, about 35 pieces including a minifig, but I'm not complaining. :3:

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

rockinricky posted:

Lego Brickmaster: Star Wars

God drat. We have these, the Pirates and Atlantis ones at my work. They're all $40 though before any discounts which seems absurd. I'd considered the Star Wars one because it comes with ~250 pieces and the figures and I could possibly make it worth it with my discounts, but the other ones are only like ~150 pieces. I knew our stuff was overpriced, but drat.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Travis343 posted:

For content, this is crossposted from Let's Play if any of you are following the absolutely amazing Deadly Premonition LP over there, I made these for it:

I did have to sculpt his hair, couldn't get the distinctive scar otherwise, and the guitar and gun are BrickForge.

Those are really awesome and now I totally want to make a whole set of Deadly Premonition Minifigs.

I don't have any pics but recently I got a bunch of sets on sale at my work. They are the Imperial V-Wing Starfight, the Jedi T-6 Shuttle, the Rescue Robot Creator set, and the Jagged Jaws Reef World Racer set. Also some of the smaller Pharoah ones a couple weeks back. I wish the sets like Star Wars and stuff weren't marked up so much, though.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Not specifically Lego but interesting nonetheless, this was posted in the WoW-sub forum.

Captain Corduroy posted:

Mega Bloks will have WoW and Starcraft sets coming out in 2012.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43376841

As someone who enjoys both Legos and Blizzard's games this is both good and bad news. It would have been great if they had gone with Lego, but depending on how they end up I might have to get some anyway.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Saint Sputnik posted:

Those are all awesome but this one is easily my favorite. Look at Jayne's hat. Look at it. :allears:

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

As long as it is not food money you're using to buy these, I see no problem here!

Don't be ridiculous. It's just rent money.

I want some of those space chicks from series 5 they're so cool but I'm so broke right now. :cry:

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Oh man, what are those Star Wars Rebels sets from? Those are some cool ships.

Also where's the fourth member of the Cantina band, huh Lego!?

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

caiman posted:

For those of you who enjoyed Lego as a kid and then got back into it as an adult, did you incorporate your childhood collection into your adult collection, or did you effectively start from scratch? I have a big tub of Legos from the late 80s/early 90s at my parents house. I'm debating if I should attempt to organize them and rebuild some of the sets (which would likely involve hunting down instructions and buying missing pieces).

I started from scratch because my father still has all my childhood legos in storage. I'll pick them up someday when I have space for them. :shepface:

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Is the figure for online orders, Lego Store purchases, or both?

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

deoju posted:

Also I got this guy in the mail today, he was totally worth it.

:omarcomin:

Wow, I kind of want the Tyrion minifig but $55 for 3 guys is a bit too much. :shepspends:

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

I asked previously but never got an answer. For the Revan figure on May 4th, is it an in-store only thing? Online only? Both?

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

The Rage posted:

May the 4th haul arrived a day early!

Ha, I ordered the exact same! Stoked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

I've only seen a couple episodes of Doctor Who but I hope they do a set with the skeleton astronauts.