Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

beato posted:

:australia: Australian news:

Looks like we've finally got series 4 of the minifigures! I got a Mad Scientist and a Geisha couldn't feel any Hazmat Guys, though I really wanted one.

The Hazmat Guy is the only one I was after, instead I ended up with Wimpy Sailor and Little Miss Only-Came-With-One-Skate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

King Faraday posted:

(are these images too big?)

Not big enough!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Why isn't there a Futurama line of Lego?! Endless possibilities.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

SynthOrange posted:

Well, I guess he's got the perfect expression for being such a lovely minifig.

Who cares? That head is perfect.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Phy posted:

Seriously, gently caress Greys. Though it ought to come with the kid legs, and maybe a window from which it can peer in at you while you sleep. (Locking it does nothing! They can abduct you through solid glass!)

At last, I can make an X-Files diorama.

Also, a whole team of baseball greys.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Am I the only one who hates these drat hinges?

They're so flimsy and never stay connected under pressure, is there a way to cement them in (or a better alternative)?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Captain Invictus posted:

They are annoying, but I like them because they aren't impossible to take apart once put together, like some part combinations. Handy for when you want to color theme something. They're not designed to support a lot of weight anyways, they're more for small moving parts or angled panels.

I should have been more precise, I don't mean the hinge connection itself but rather the base. As soon as you try and move the hinged section, the entire piece always comes off the model. Is there another way to lock the base section into the model?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Captain Invictus posted:

Some of the really old ones I've found don't stick as well to newer blocks, I'm guessing they warp ever so slightly over decades. Are the ones you have old?

Brand new. They're not terrible, just annoying.

I wish they'd make a piece similar to this:

Something that you can reinforce.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Back to the S6 Alien for a moment, are there any existing figs with short grey legs?
A cursory search didn't turn up anything, but I'm sure there's an ewok or dwarf out there with them...

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Dame Cook posted:

I have a pair of short light grey legs, so there must be. I think I got them from Bricklink, though, so no idea which figure they were from.

Yeah, I've found the # and now I'm trawling through the listings.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

einTier posted:

Yeah, it's available in more sets than you'd think. Bunches available for sale too.

Thanks for the link, hopefully lego realise their mistake and give the fig small legs though. If not, it looks like it'll be easy to fix.

Anyone remember this?

If Pirates of the Caribbean can jump ship (:rimshot:)... sigh.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Aug 8, 2011

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
What's all this jibber-jabber about shark jumping*?! I was talking about licensing.

*I know what the term means

Edit:

Saint Sputnik posted:

"Jump ship" as in, Lego should buy the TNG license and make whopping huge Enterprises and tiny yellow Picards.

Thankyou!

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Aug 11, 2011

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Well... overcame my OCD and ordered some Minifig World display stands today.
I've been looking around and it really does seem to be the classiest way to display all the minifigures this stupid thread has made me buy (expecting Batman tomorrow!).

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Travis343 posted:

Should've held out on Batman, they're among the most overpriced legos on the planet right now and they're getting a new line next year.

:aaa:

Oh well, I did pretty well on all the others.

Are there any pictures floating around of the new sets or is it just an announcement at this stage?

Awww man... and it's gonna be the black suit from the Nolan films too. Maybe I'll gift my current one to a nutty Batman friend of mine when it's out.
Was super pleased with the Cpt. Sparrow (w/tricorn) I got today.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Aug 11, 2011

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
drat this thread.

So last night I made the first MOC since I was a kid.

Tada...

I wanted to make a one man craft with a nice sense of scale, turned out ok I think.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Sep 27, 2011

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
This is a real long shot, but for any South :australia: goons; the (unofficial) LEGO store in Tea Tree Gully has 25% of EVERYTHING - including old discontinued sets. It's pretty rad.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Dinosaurs and LotR? poo poo.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Seems a little patronising?
Also, it doesn't look like lego. But what do I care? If it keeps them in business.

Gravy Jones posted:

Legolegolas. Although I'm thinking a cave troll will probably be a single piece rather than built.

It's hard to tell from the press release but I suspect the first wave would largely focus on the first Hobbit film and I can't really think of any iconic "big" locations from that. Misty Mountains/Goblins I guess, but it's fairly generic compared to Lonely Mountain/Battle of Five Armies (alternatively Battle of half a dozen minifigures).

Obviously all complete speculation, but speculation is fun. It also amused me how much the hardcore LOTR nerds who hate the films because they're not identical to the books would flip their poo poo if they ever saw a LEGO LOTR game.

If there's not a Bag End with a Gandalf and all the dwarves I will flip my poo poo.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Dec 16, 2011

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Merchant of Death posted:

Plus flesh tone blasphamy its bad enough star wars started that.

Flesh tone is fine for licensed sets where you want a representation of a real person. Real lego is yellow though.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Granite Octopus posted:

Hah, the Lego Australia online store has some decent deals. Was going to buy the Pharos Quest Bi-Plane set for $27. Shipping was $30. :negative:

A friend got me that set for Christmas, it has 2 flying mummies. 2.
Also the plane is rad.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
A friend of mine has a pretty crap illness, the kind that causes intense stomach pain and prevents him from working etc... not unsurprisingly he became one of the most depressed, misanthropic fuckers around. Thankfully he is also the world's biggest geek and when I showed him the most recent Slave 1 I'd just built, I could see something snap in his mind. Pot and Lego have made him grin stupidly more than I thought possible.

Side note, can't wait for more pics of the monster fighters sets.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

MaliciousOnion posted:

On an unrelated topic, any Ausgoons going to Brickvention?

Whah?! Link?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

MaliciousOnion posted:

Just a heads-up for any ausgoons: Series 6 is on shelves and Toys R Us has them for $3.99 until the 23rd.

I've realised that, between the sleepy guy's head and the doctor's syringe, this series lets you make an addict.

Thanks.

Must have the bandit and a whole heap of greys to make my alien baseball team The Roswell Greys. Also, to make a 'propper' grey alien for my x-files theme I need short legs and hands of the same colour. Can someone confirm that the alien guy is the regular shade of light grey?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
That's so cool, but you should split them into seperate sides of the street with road plates down the centre. Or not, it's loving rad regardless.

e: aw man, my earlier question is going to get buried by responses to your post's awesomeness

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 13, 2012

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Suck it haters, the Grey is totally rad and there's nothing you can do about it.

Just need to find some light grey hands for him.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Jut posted:

A thing appears

"Do a flip!"

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Slo-Tek posted:

Impulse-bought the Superman and powered armor set the other day, and the package just arrived.

My wildly excited son described it to his mom "It has Super Man, and Wonder Woman, and (in the green giant robot suit) Martin Luther King!"

'We shall over come' would have been a lot easier with giant robot suits.

Truly, Superman fights for the American Way.

Also, I can't choose between the space shuttle and the emerald night. Help!

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 18, 2012

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Phy posted:

The shuttle looks pretty cool, but Emerald Night is both classy as gently caress and is a genuine 4-6-2 loco with unique wheels. Also it's based on a real steam train.

E: would definitely like to have another five or ten passenger cars, even though it wouldn't fit in my bookcase any more.

Oh the dilemma!

My childhood love of both steam trains and space are fighting for supremacy. I might have to go with the emerald night but the only thing that's holding me back is that it possibly looks too good. As stupid as that sounds, hear me out. From the pictures I'm not getting a lego vibe from it, instead it looks like a really nice model. Does this make any sense?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

SynthOrange posted:

It's LEGO. Tack on enough extra parts for a space train.

I don't know if that's inspired or blasphemous.
Either way, I'm getting the train.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Manchild King posted:

This is kind of weird to me. Are Lego intentionally trying to create "chase" figures? Im sure they realise the Roman Soldier will be highly sort after yet they only put 3 in a box. Yet low demand stuff like Skateboarder, Bandit and Mechanic are quite common. No one wants those lovely figs because they can already buy practiclly the same thing in existing sets.

My local Target finally put out series 6 either today or yesterday. As soon as I saw the two boxes I instantly realised I was too late. They were not packed neatly and some of the foil packaging they come in looked stretched and creased on some packs. Thats right, a bag fondling army builder beat me too the punch. I only wanted a single Roman soldier and a Genie. There were still a couple genies but in the 30 or so I checked not a single Roman.

If you take one or even two of a specific fig I don't mind. If you take all the figs of a certain type out of both boxes available you are probably being selfish. Or at least bring in a pen or marker and write "NO ROMANS" or whatever on the box.

I get what you're saying but have you seen the bandit? He has one of the coolest torsos and his face is Lee Van Cleef. I'm having trouble tracking down space girl myself.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Merchant of Death posted:

I haven't seen many star trek mocs and this one is really impressive.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25309284@N02/6737852485/

That's really cool, saucer sections must be hard because I haven't seen many good ones either.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Torael_7 posted:

My god the Imperial Shuttle is an enormous kit. In the time it took to get through just the first book I had watched all of this past week's Daily Show and Colbert Report.

I envy your day.

Carbohydrates posted:

Holy hell that's cool!
Would you be willing to share your plans? I think I already have a lot of those parts!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Carbohydrates posted:

I have the LDD file on another hard drive somewhere; I've switched computers since. I could try to dig it up for ya though! Fair warning, it's more parts than it looks, especially with the full interior. Brickshelf gallery

I'd be really grateful if you could be bothered, it'd be really educational. Wow, the interior is full of amazing little details. That piano!

e: just made your piano, it's perfect!

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jan 22, 2012

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Carbohydrates posted:

Saloon plans

Thank you so much! Class act.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Gravy Jones posted:

My bad news out of the London Trade fair is that Character Building (UK Lego knock-off, fairly well made but still NOT LEGO) has got a Ben 10 License. How the hell am I going to make sure my kid who is Ben 10 crazy keeps that seperate from his real Lego? How?

What the hell kind of parent are you? Don't buy fake lego.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Joramun posted:

Not father and son, but Jango and his clone Boba...

Why would you 'correct' someone with that prequel nonsense?

That fellowship looks awesome! I may not get the sets but I'll definitely have to get those minifigs.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Do you have any technic springs to make some sweet, crater navigating suspension?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

DethMarine21 posted:

Finally found some Series 6 at my local TRU. There was only half of a heavily felt up box left but I found what I wanted. Grabbed a spare robot because why not.

Intergalactic Girl is too smart for the hug-bot's devious charms.

You call that a spring? This is a spring.

Yeah that's the spring I meant.

Hah, "hug-bot". Still can't find me a nice space-girl damnit.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Monster w21 Faces posted:

Did these shots get posted?

Sort of, but worth seeing again.

Interesting that they went with a regular printed head for Captain America.

Fellowship looks great! They really nailed Legolas, Gimli and Pippin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
The eventual licensed Minecraft game from Lego is going to be confusing.