Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Captain Invictus posted:

So...I ordered some B-Wings, but it said the order completed but might get cancelled or something, then it said confirmed, then it charged me, then the charges completely vanished from my bank account, then it said a bunch of B-Wings were shipped, then they showed up at my house...and I still haven't been charged. It says a second order with the rest of my order has also been shipped but hasn't shown up yet.

What?

Based on other parts of the web, Lego screwed up some orders and sent people extra sets when they really shouldn't have. Here's a guy who got a free Jabba's Palace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
The Ewok Village set looks awesome. If it's anywhere near as good as An Unexpected Gathering, I might have to get it.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
This is my favorite licensed minifig.

Non-licensed is probably the classic astronaut.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

The Rage posted:

Fred Meyer/Kroger does Lego sales pretty often.

I wish there was a Kroger near me that carried Lego year round but after Christmas, all the stores in my area had Star Wars sets for half off. It was glorious.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Karnegal posted:

After my bitching, I swing by a Meijer looking to replace the umbrella that got owned in today's storm, and forgot that today was stock day and there was a fresh bin of Series 10. Got a Medusa in the second pack I felt, still no Bee, but I'll call it a win.

VVV Oh yeah, she's super easy to feel, but that means that she's almost always instantly picked out, which is what has thwarted me for months/weeks

I also went to a Meijer yesterday and got the Bee, which I'm not particularly fond of. If you're interested, I can sell it to you at cost, just send me a message.

Also, Meijer is putting the Monster Fighter sets on clearance, they all seemed to be about 15% cheaper with the discount.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I just got the Delorean and I like it with reservations. The moving parts made the build a little difficult and it definitely doesn't look as good as the Cuusoo submission. I might have to do the mod to make the hood look better. On the other hand, it's just so cool.

I also picked up the LOTR Wizard Battle set because of the minifigures and c'mon, it's fighting wizards. Got a blind bag with the Ginger Bread man and it's pretty neat that his head is a little sandwich cookie, I wasn't expecting that.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
The Chima Eagle Jet thing is pretty cool as well. I found one at Goodwill for :10bux: and it's a fun build. Don't know if I'd pay much more for it though.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Got my replacement SHEILD piece from the Back to the Future set.

The replacement one also says SHEILD.

It's something.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

PriorMarcus posted:

Contacted Lego about the incorrectly spelled Flux piece and they apologized a ton and promised that the one they have sent out now is fixed. We'll see.

I haven't heard of anyone getting a correct piece yet.

I still think it's hilarious. My roommate put the second Flux piece on a merry-go-round I had and when that baby gets up to 88, you'll see some serious poo poo.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Ika posted:

You would think that when they have so many identical stickers they would actually print the bricks. I'm assuming they are always placed on the same types of bricks.

Apparently printing the company name on the bricks would give the company some legal right to them that doesn't happen if they just use stickers. LEGO learned this after that fiasco where OCTAN took over the company.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Fayez Butts posted:

Octan is a fake company that Lego created though?

That part was a joke.

I can't find the reference any more so I might be mistaken, but I stand by that LEGO uses the stickers so actual companies have no legal right to the bricks with their names on them.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Do you have a parts list for that Dalek?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I figure that they did the half-closed eyes because they're doing a Simpsons wave of the collectible mini-figs and they want every aspect of the mini-figs in the house to be different from the ones available in that wave. If it's a huge turn-off, you could get the open-eyed heads for ~ 15 bucks more.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Speaking of replacement parts, did they ever fix the Flux Capacitor? I was one of the people who got a misprinted brick after requesting a correct one.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Saint Sputnik posted:

Those rover animations are superb.

Finally made my army of cowboys a place to work and play.

That's pretty cool, I'm getting a real Deadwood vibe from it.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

rickiep00h posted:

the complete lack of Marvel Super Heroes

It's a Warner Brothers movie, so I don't think there was any chance of them using the Marvel characters.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
The LEGO movie was, as everybody else is saying, awesome. Tons of blink and you'll miss it references and it's consistently very funny.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

3 posted:

Oh my goodness, look who makes a cameo in the Secret Police dropship set! :swoon:

Is this the first LEGO movie set with Batman?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Crazy Pigeon posted:

So just visited Target in Columbus today and they had Rancor Pits for 32.89 and AT-TEs for 49.98. I picked up the last AT-TE, but saw a couple more Rancor Pits. I was a little sad that the Gunship wasn't on sale but, I think I still got a pretty sweet deal as it is.

I live in Columbus and I'd totally buy almost any other set with that kind of sale but the Rancor Pit is just incredibly boring. Was it originally supposed to be part of Jabba's Palace and spun off as a cost-saving measure?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Sockser posted:

Venkmans hair is the dracula/doc brown hair and works surprisingly well

And most importantly, J. Jonah Jameson.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Gravy Jones posted:

Me: It's pretty expensive, almost two hundred pounds.
Him: I'll tell you what. I'll pay half (he's 6 by the way)
Me: Yeah, that's a hundred pounds. Do you have a hundred pounds?
Him: I'll tell you what. I'll give you ten pounds out of my birthday money for the couch.

That's great. Even if you don't buy the set, you should bricklink the parts for the couch for him.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

ChesterJT posted:

That's super impressive. Lego seems like one company you just never hear anything bad about. People who haven't touched Lego since they were a kid react to the price being "high" compared to what they remember but they still see it as a great value.

I have been wanting to try a "build the set inside the bag" thing for a while but everything I get seems to be in multiple bags. I grabbed a couple of the SW microfighters tonight assuming they were in a single bag but the had a little bag with the extra pieces. Any of you have some sets you'd recommend that would come in a single bag I could try?

I built the Monster Fighters Werewolf set in bag a while ago (link). I'd look for sets around the twenty dollar range with multiple smaller parts - a couple of vehicles or a vehicle and a display part because those tend to be in fewer bags from what I've seen.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

caiman posted:

What is the purpose of building the set in the bag?

It's fun. I think that the Werewolf is actually a really lovely, boring build but doing it in the bag adds a lot of challenge and lengthens the process a considerable amount, so I feel like I get more value for my money when I do it that way.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Looks like those Cuusoo Inspector Spacetime sets are going to be coming eventually: link.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Caddrel posted:

What's a cost effective way to get a variety of bricks so that I can build things like small space-ships, blocky robots, and that kind of thing? I can't really afford to buy several $25 sets, so I can't buy whatever I think looks cool and go from there.

I imagine I could buy a bunch of individual parts, but having not built legos since I was a kid I'm not really sure what I'd need. I just find lists of individual parts like this one: http://gizmodo.com/the-10-most-useful-lego-bricks-493088302

You can buy lego bricks by the pound through eBay or possibly through Craigslist. That might be the cheapest way to get them.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
The smaller Metalbeard set is pretty cool. I guess it's technically a mecha suit set, which usually doesn't interest me, but I loved his character in the movie.

I like how his design is really cobbled together out of pirate parts like the barrel, anchor and shark arm. Lot of ingenuity in the part use there.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Davros1 posted:

One of the things I would have liked to see LEGO do is create a bunch of smaller, more cost efficient sets that could combine into one larger set. Take the Death Star, or Hogwarts, for example. The could make single sets that featured a part of the system (say, The Emperor Throne room) that could retail for about 15 bucks, but then could be connected to another room, (like the Detention Block) that would also be about 15 bucks. You'd have sets with a much more attractive price purchase for impulse buys, plus you'd have that collectable drive that you with some sets.

There's a Lego creator set that can be built as one of three kinds of train cars and the idea is that you buy at least three to have a full train, so the idea is definitely there.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Serious post: has anyone here ever bought Lego wearing something other than cum-stained jorts? I think the deviation from uniform makes it hard to let others know that I'm an AFOL.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

PriorMarcus posted:

Tying in nicely to this debate but Morrison's in the UK have all the movie sets discounted today for clearance. I just got Cloud Cookoo Land for £10 and the Ice Cream van, Recylcle truck and Bad Cop Pursuit for £15 each. They also have the Supercycle chase which I already have for £30.

Seems like Cloud Cuckooland has been sold out everywhere I go. I've looked at a couple of different stores and they've had most of the other sets just not that one. When I checked at the Lego store there was a kid who realized I was looking for it and he was just as bummed out that they didn't have it.

I've been picking through my childhood Lego and I really wish I had kept the sets separate because it's a nightmare trying to sort them out. Doesn't help that my younger sister methodically pulled all the minifig hands off and lost them.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Promotes alcoholism. It took forever for a Moe's bar playset to be released in the World Of Springfield line for this reason.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Lizard Combatant posted:

What?! Anyone who thinks either Moe or Barney promote alcoholism hasn't watched the same show.
Where do people get these weird hangups?

e: not trying to shoot the messenger here.

I agree with you, but they probably don't want to sell a bartender to kids.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Looks like the new Joker Steamroller set comes with an official Goon minifig:

I can't quite make out the state of his jorts.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Mr. Glass posted:

Target is running an incredible deal on 75013 -- $16.79 for 493 pieces. You can order it online and pick it up in-store, but it doesn't look like they'll ship it to you.

Nice! Ordered 2 - one for me and one for my roommate.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Cloks posted:

Nice! Ordered 2 - one for me and one for my roommate.

Picked them up, no problem. Probably just a pricing error on their end, but one that I appreciate.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Last post about the Target deal - I swear. I finished building 75103 and it's a great set for the price but maybe not one I'd pay fifty dollars for. It has very solid construction, not as big as I expected but heavy, with a nice weight to it and the spring-loaded cannon is a play-feature that's actually pretty fun to use. The building is a bit repetitive, mostly because of the six identical legs but the main body of the vehicle was a fun and interesting build. If you're buying it just for parts there are a lot that are useful, including the blue bubble window that's only in this set. Overall I'd give it a solid 7/10 at fifty dollars but a 10/10 at 18.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

What's the eta on Simpsons minifigs being in stores? I want to buy an unmolested box.

Official word is may, but they're already being put out at some stores. Heard about people picking them up at toys r us.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
My local Target apparently no longer stocks Minifigs because assholes kept opening the bags in the toy aisles so if anyone could pick up a Milhouse for me or has a spare, I'd do cost + shipping.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

jeeves posted:

I highly doubt they will ever do a Marvel or such minifigure line. Those minifigures sell the whole bigger sets, and just selling the minifigures would invalidate that. Simpsons was most likely a fluke because there is only one larger set to sell (the house).

I'm pretty sure they literally can't do a line of just Marvel/DC minifigures because they don't hold the license to produce action figures and selling just the characters would fall under that category.

It's the same deal with Star Wars.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

DrChud posted:

What about say a line of polybag sets, like the Thor one? Have like a small diorama set with it. Wouldn't the darth revan and like the sdcc ones fall under the same licensing thing or because they are limited exclusive runs its different?

I imagine creating a large degree of exclusivity circumvents that, like with the SDCC giveaway DC ones but I'm largely unsure about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

jeeves posted:

Lego > bitches, especially ones that want you to sell it ~for them~ rite guyz?

Jorts club 4 lyfe.

Picked up a complete set of Lego Simpsons thanks to a Lego store employee helping me. There are a few characters that weren't included that I'd like, hope they do more with the license.