Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

If you guys wanted to unload a LEGO collection valued a bit over 6k retail (sealed boxes). What would the best method be? Craigslist, Offer Up, eBay or Bricklink? I'm just weary of setting up auctions on eBay and then having people also trying to buy the same stuff off the other sites. Maybe I'm wrong. Surely someone has experience in this.

This includes things like OG SW Cantina, Wall-e, old Ghostbusters car and the Delorean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Is the Ghostbusters car the 21108 Ecto-1? If it is and it’s new in box I’ll make you an offer. I gave up on eBay. Trying to buy Lego on eBay is frustrating as hell.

Yeah, it is. I have both actually. I don't have platinum obviously to continue this conversation but shoot me an email at igeighty8420@gmail. I've got a good eBay seller account too that you'd be able to reference. If you rather wait, I will compose a list of what's available between tonight and tomorrow since it's kinda long.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I'm definitely down for the bus. Not really into HP but I'm a sucker for purple.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I'm with him, that donut looks like trash. The dimensions are all off and it looks like it's trying to rip off that ugly Simpson's donut.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

TacoNight posted:

Also, Mulan can't clash swords with the other minidolls.

Thanks for making my night.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

My 4 year old son has a huge box of pieces that he goes through to build whatever his imagination comes up with. This box pretty much developed from smaller sets I'd buy him that would inevitably be dismantled within a day or 2. It's okay to have separate "collections", some of the sets for adults are just not for kids. (I'm looking at you Saturn V)

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

asecondduck posted:

The Legoland parks aren't owned by Lego, and the Lego stores inside them are run by the company that owns Legoland (Merlin Entertainment), not Lego.

So it's Merlin that decided on the "buy and refund a ticket policy", to access the Lego Stores in the Legoland parks, not Lego.

And while Merlin does probably get a good deal on the sets they sell in their stores from Lego, it's likely not a good enough one to knock $100 off the price of even an $800 set.

There's something else discouraging Merlin, and other retailers, from discounting certain sets but I'm pretty pretty pretty sure I'm not allowed to talk about it.

Is it the licensing agreements? I’m pretty sure you’re safe here in the DIY sub forum of Something Awful.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Big K of Justice posted:

This reminds me of .. the old premium passport Disney used to have, it was around $500 a year, it covered unlimited access to any global disney park, free parking, 20% off merchandise and food including items at downtown disney/stores including the Lego Store at Disneyland. I picked up a few sets there when I used to have that pass, unofficially the Lego Store in Glendale [LA area], also gave that discount since they were in the same region. I figured it extended to all lego stores, but I tried to use the pass at a lego store in the SF Bay area [San Meteo?] and the manager had to make a few phone calls to figure it out and said it was only the Glendale location that offered it due to its proximity to Disneyland.

That being said, these days the Legoland Park pass would be a great deal for the discount.. considering the Disney route went mega expensive the last few years... all the passes that I used to have are going in the 1000-1500$ a year range now... yikes.

The Disney World annual passes (cheapest for residents is $33~ a month) also get you a discount at the LEGO store in Downtown Disney. It doesn’t apply to every set though. I tried to get one of the new trains at a discount but it didn’t work.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

The_Doctor posted:

I think it’s $17 a month now for FL residents (with $128 upfront) for the cheapest option. I looked this up recently because my parents just bought a house in FL.

Last time I was at the Lego store in Disney Springs, I noticed a fair few of the bigger sets had ‘no discount’ next to the prices.

Yeah, there are cheaper options, you're right. The blackout dates suck though and parking isn't included.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Squashy Nipples posted:

My soon-to-be-ex brother in law used to work for Lego, and so my now adult niece and nephew have almost every Lego set made in the last 20 years or so, including some uncommon stuff, and few items that were employee-only. That Deathstar with like 40 minifigs? yup, as well as every X-Wing set every made, and several of the big AT-ATs, and at least one big Star Destroyer. Harry Potter Christmas train? Yup, with an extra 20 feet of track. Literally millions of bricks.

BUT NOW, EVERYTHING MUST GO!

My sister's new Bricklink shop:
https://store.bricklink.com/LBrickinator

Everything with original box and instructions!
What is currently listed is just a fraction of what she has, she is still sorting and counting and so forth (she is super anal, which is a good thing for a project like this).
She is starting out with the Friends stuff, because it's easiest to sort.

Anyway, check out her store, more to come.

If you would be interested in a bulk purchase of sets, are willing to drive to Pennsylvania to pick them up, and have CASH, then I can arrange for a private showing of the collection.

Can you ask her how long it took to get her Bricklist account verified for sales? I’ve been waiting almost a month and yes, I’ve sent a few emails with all the documents they need.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Eh, this is exactly what I expected from Nimblebit. As far as the notification poo poo goes, if you turned it off when you first installed, they stay off.

It's alright but Tiny Tower (their first game) is the only one I ever spent any time with, so maybe I'm okay with it just because of how long it's been since I played one.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Ultimate Mango posted:

So of course we got to the LEGO store and Mango Jr decided instead of the lander to get the avengers jet and some of the Xtra play mats. At least he got the little rocket ride and I got something small for my soon to be four year old’s fourth birthday that’s coming up.

The lander looks great in person, and there was a big Stranger Things display and setup as well. Stranger Things is a wild and interesting set for sure.

That's cool. I can see the little ones being more excited about a future jet over some space set they have no real knowledge of. That is, unless your kid is a grown rear end man. Then, what the gently caress was he even thinking?

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Well that sure is a tragedy, god drat

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I can’t possibly be the only idiot playing LEGO Tower. Send me a friend invite so I have people to send stuff I don’t need.

https://sync.nimblebit.com/af/lt/1S61

IG-88 fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 17, 2019

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Cojawfee posted:

Doesn't seem all that impossible. Steel Tube holding it up, then weld/bolt the tube to a steel plate which is then covered with the base plate. As long as the center of gravity is over the plate, nothing impossible going on.

That’s exactly what xzzy is implying. It’s basically an illegal LEGO build.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Yeah the illegal legs are loving me up

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

sigher posted:

Yooo goons, so with my recent Star Wars pick-ups on Force Friday my LEGO Store hooked it up with 2 Battle of Endor mini sets, was anyone looking for them? Free of charge of course.

I’d love one as well if it’s still available. I’ll pm you once I get home, it’s not letting me from the awful app.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Snowmankilla posted:

Awesome! Thanks!

I bought the tea party pack for my 3 year and she absolutely loves it. I've also picked up the Toy Story duplo train and my son loves it. It helps that every 5 year old loves trains.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I gave the LEGO store nearby a call and they still have both Batmobiles. I’m considering it so bad right now. I get off work in at 8, they close at 9:30.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Oh for fucks sake. I bought my son a robot off of Amazon that’s made from knock off LEGO. It’s kinda cool, rechargeable battery and it zooms around really quick.

What’s the problem you ask? Well, it’s in pieces now. Where did those pieces end up? In the same bin with all of the legit LEGO bricks we have. I feel filthy.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q7WLPVW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_udClEb9462BXC

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I loving love trains. Hell yeah, give us more.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

The_Doctor posted:

Brothers Brick did a review recently, and they liked it. The big astronomy tower appeals to me. The whole Hidden Side line has had some absolute gems, and its vaguely lovecraftian feel has been great.

I built a few sets with my kids a couple weekends ago and they really are nice. I love the minifigs too, some really cool ones in there. Really think this will be a line people look back fondly on in a few years.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Preorders for Mickey and Minnie go live 7/1 - $179.99

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/...NOUNCEMENT_A_NA

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

xzzy posted:

Spotted on the reddits:

Love the usage of the minifig.

I had to stare at that a really long time to spot the minifig. I thought you were loving with us.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Walmart's got a pretty good sale on Hidden Side sets. Crosspost from Coupons:

https://www.walmart.com/search/?cat...Slw80&sharedid=

My sons bday is next week so I'm likely getting the larger sets.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I've bought a shitload of LEGO but god drat do I regret not picking up Old Fishing Store and Ninjago City. Really thought it was going to be around a lot longer.

Edit: gently caress Hogwarts.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah, if you're going to talk about a leak, take a screen shot and post it or something.

Looks like it is this maybe

I don't think I've ever built something where I had to bend the poles. Interesting.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Oh poo poo, oops. Good looking out.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

BIG HEADLINE posted:

All the more reason I wonder if the Boeing Store will stock it, since it's an ~Officially Licensed Boeing Product~ and all. It's not on their website, but if there are any Seattlites in here who are inclined, might not be a terrible place to look.

I've got a Boeing Store here in Miami. They open 11am-4pm M-F. I'm going to call them tomorrow before I drive out there. The scalping community down here goes super hard for resale or to export to Latin American countries.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Never seen this:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/identity-and-landscape-kit-2000430

Thoughts? A good way to get into creating your LEGO hellscape?

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

It was my daily FaceTime call with the kids yesterday and my 6 year old son pipes up, "HEY DAD, CHECK OUT WHAT WE GOT"

Oh sweet, it's one of the Mario sets. I told their mom, "Holy poo poo, that is pricey, you got that for him?"

"Oh, it was only $20." You see where this is going.

This was my full weekend with them and the hunt was on, we needed to get the Mario. I wanted to have a dinner picnic with them at the beach so I reached out to a mall out by the beach and we made the trek. Oh if it only it was so easy.

:nws:https://i.imgur.com/e3GFedC.jpg:nws:

So I found out my son doesn't like going down escalators. My 4 year old daughter? No problem. I fell running up those loving stairs twice before I got my son. And now he won't stop telling me about how I should've just taken the other stairs so I wouldn't get hurt.

These sets better be loving sick.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Thank god I checked this thread before bed. Snagged one off of Target since I already had a Red card. If you shop there with any sort of frequency it's a good thing to have and it doesn't cost you poo poo.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

That looks way better than the last Yoda.

Also, Target shipped my Bespin set. Let's gooooooooo

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

From CNN this morning:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/02/investing/lego-sales-pandemic-trnd/index.html

Good for LEGO, bad for us getting double point sales haha

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

There is no way LEGO is releasing a thousand dollar architecture set of the loving Roman Coliseum. Come on guys, lol.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Exactly. How many of us haven't bought the Falcon UCS because we just don't have the space? I feel the same way about the Cantina. I want to buy it but where the hell am I putting it? Am I just going to build it and let my kids play with it for a week before it finds it's way into the parts bin? Please don't get me wrong, I'm glad they were made and that people can enjoy them.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

these will go great with my thousand dollar coliseum

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Even with the queue feature it still took forever for that dumb add to cart button to pop up.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Ordered R2 as soon as I could last night and I just got a back ordered email now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I’m dead

This is the kinda thing that just sort of *evaporates* into nothing

And let me tell you, gently caress Seinfeld