Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003
Making baby jesus cry since 1984.
Facebook marketplace has an unopened old fishing store for $250...Should I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003
Thanks, I'll pass on this since it's a little out of my way to get to.

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The biggest problem with most Trek ships is that they’re so saucer-heavy and spindly that they’d have to be 90% technic just to support it all, and even then I’m sure it would still sag. Just look at the mega bloks and kre-o versions they’ve done, they all look terrible.

I've built the Enterprise-D and the Voyager from Jerry Builds Bricks and both are reasonably solid without a support under the saucer. He's got a TNG-era shuttlecraft that looks really cool as well but the parts list isn't up on rebrickable yet.

This Constitution-class ship is also a fun little build that I've given as a fake kit to a few friends.

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003
Best Buy has DC CMF for $2.49 (limit 3) and series 19 CMF (limit 5) for $1.99 today. Amazon has the same price on DC CMF.

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003
I made the giant Mega Blox Enterprise. That was a pain in the rear end without numbered bags, and the lax quality control means the plates on the saucer don’t completely align, but it’s an impressive model.

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003
Trying to figure out if I should get the Ecto-1, Pirates of Barracuda Bay, The Upside Down, or the Bookshop and some filler in order to get the Dickens set and the teal brick. Thoughts?

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003

Butterfly Valley posted:

Yes

As a non joke answer, pirates of barracuda bay erryday from that selection imo

I was definitely leaning that way (but now also wondering about the NES). It’s frustrating how well Lego targets my interests and nostalgia!

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003

obi_ant posted:

There is something super satisfying about having a mini version of something next to the larger something. I recently re-built my Volkswagen Camper along with the smaller camper and they're really neat looking together.

I just started on the camper for the first time, and drat, it makes me appreciate numbered bags.

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003
I bought some lighting kits from vonado.com and they’ve been offering non-lego branded MOC kits as well - and when the instructions are by someone else they state specifically that they don’t send instructions and link to where you can buy the instructions from the creator. They’re also starting to offer bulk purchasing of parts for MOC purposes at pretty cheap rates. I got a couple of Star Trek designs and will update once I’ve received and built.

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003
I got some MOC kits of knockoff lego from vonado.com (and bought the instructions on rebrickable, which they link). Honestly was pretty impressed with the quality (especially for the price), and it was so much nicer to just get a bulk delivery of all the pieces rather than having to deal with multiple bricklink stores, etc.

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003
Zavvi’s got a decent sale this weekend on some big sets with free shipping:

https://us.zavvi.com/lego/flash-sale.list

Hogwarts (71043) $379.99
Aston Martin (10262) $134.99
UCS Falcon (75192) $749.99
Land Rover Defender (42110) $144.99
Lamborghini Sian (42115) $299.99
ECTO-1 (10274) $174.99
Off-road buggy RC (42124) $109.99

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003
Zavvi has the Ecto 1 for $169.99 / 15% off with code GHOST.