Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
I really need to get a better storage system for my bricks. Currently they are inhabiting containers with a volume of ~300 gallons, completely unsorted. I've come up with the idea of building a table with drawers under it in which to store the pieces, now I just need to put my plan into action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Factory posted:

Build the table out of the lego.

I'm not James May.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

PopeOnARope posted:

You could be the next James May.

I wish that were true, but it just isn't.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

drat, at the price I might have to get 2.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

Wow, that's loving massive. Not a bad price, either, considering the size and piece count of the drat thing, even if there's a lot of smaller parts and regular bricks.

I would have been all about that as a kid. Also having the Saturn V on their shop but not being able to pre-order it is the worst tease ever.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Well, I guess the anticipation will only make it better, no stores around have it in stock and even though I pressed submit on an order last night it didn't go through. OH WELL. It will be the centerpiece of the new lego room in my new house.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Can't even back-order it online now. Hope Lego is upping production significantly!

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

mine updated to in Warehouse after being backordered. woo

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

mine did the same thing. it shipped today for me finally.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

You have a secret admirer​ at the Lego warehouse.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Last_Taste posted:

I feel like the only goon that doesn't want the Saturn 5. It looks nice, it is an excellent price/piece, but I just don't really have any urge to get it.

I guess I would rather pick up something more visually interesting. I already have too many grey star wars ships on display.

The pictures don't do it justice. I've finished the first stage and the internals for the second. The amount of small details and just the overwhelming size at half finished makes it really impressive in person.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

drat, that's amazing.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

I bought fun in the park for $24. Now I have 14 more figures to put on the ferris wheel.

Yeah, that was a good deal, I picked it up as well for spectators at my race track.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Destiny's Bounty is one of the best looking sets they have ever made. It looks like a piece of art almost. Like an actual junk model that you would display on the shelf. But it is lego. Not the greatest build but man does it look sweet when it is done.

Agreed. It's got some tedious build in it but when it's all put together it's beautiful. And for a kid it would be very fun to play with.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

I'm glad the Ninjago city comes with 3 manuals. Makes building with my wife easier.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

God. I'm glad star wars sets don't really scratch my Lego itch.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

I want the Ninjago city so badly, but when I told my wife the cost she laughed at me. I need to put up shelves anyway before I could even start to have enough space to display it. So no rush.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Oh yeah. Easy fix for sure. I just don't really care for how it looks officially.

So, I have almost pulled the trigger on the Snowspeeder like 10 times now and figured I might grab it today so I can stop thinking about it haha. How do those of you that bought it feel about it? Does it fell worth $200 that price/part ratio is kind of bad. But Snowspeeder, probably my favorite SW ship next to the X-wing, which I already have so I can die happy with both.

There's a sale with double vip points coming up on the 1st I think. So maybe wait?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Lego just teased the MF again and the box has freakin wheels on it because it's too big to fit in the giant yellow store bags.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

From facebook

https://www.facebook.com/LEGO/posts/10154981926898403

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

I'm not, but it is an awesome set and I'm excited for those of you who will be getting it.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Ooh, they're retiring the Palace Cinema soon, so get that if you haven't.

What's weird is that when they announced it immediately sold out on Lego.com, but says it'll accept backorders. So guessing it is still in production? I've been away from lego for a long time. Do the fancy creator buildings ever get discounted?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

That makes sense. Their web store is terrible.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

If you want to see what sets look like in great detail look on youtube at Jangbricks. He's very thorough.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

This Boat House Diner and Lighthouse, both of which are from the Fishing Shop guy, have reached 10,000 on Ideas. I doubt they'll get made but they're both really good.

If the fishing store sells well they should make them. They'd be negligent not to. They are both nice, but I personally think they all look a little too similar. A more drastic selection of colors might be beneficial.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

That's really cool, but I can't help but feel it's like a year late.

That is cool. Just saw it's $270. Didn't realize it's so big. Holy cow.

Scipiotik fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Sep 26, 2017

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

I have stood on random floor Lego in a Lego store.

I was going to say. Just walk by the pick a brick in sandals.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Don't sell if you have room to store them. I would go through phases of not using them for years but I did eventually come back.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Is the Nasa Women set going to be available at Lego Stores?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Picked it up at Lego store at lunch in Chicago. They had tons on the shelf.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

New modular is apparently a diner. Sketchy Asian blog link https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/yImC2g_UF4mGAM1S4bxsZw

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Yes lots of people noting that as well. I do like it if real.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Feenix posted:

So did I misread or is Palace Cinema going to be discounted on Friday @ Lego online, too?

That's the thing some people have said. I didn't get the mailing they did. Brick bank is going on sale for 20% off in almost every other country, so I'm hoping both go on sale.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Feenix posted:

I'd be happy if it hit the 30% off that it did on Amazon, but that may be wishful thinking.

It probably won't, but you will at least get some VIP points to bring it closer in line to the 30% off.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

It also doesn't appear to be true as they aren't all listed as retiring soon and they have a bunch more coming out.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Carbohydrates posted:

Oh hey, there's a database entry for it, at least.

https://brickset.com/sets/10260-1/%7BDiner%7D

That would seem to confirm the leak, yeah?

Brickset is fan based and they're just using info from the leak with a placeholder name. Some other internet person is claiming the announcement is next monday. Seems likely, but definitely not certain. Also someone found the speed champions sets, couple ford, couple ferrari, couple porsche. Pretty boring.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

I wasn't surprised when he didn't understand why the women of NASA set was a good thing. But imagine he doesn't get out much. I know I wouldn't if I had that collection.

Scipiotik fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Nov 23, 2017

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

uXs posted:

Space Shuttle Saturn V scale :v:

And the gantry for the Saturn V as well.

I don't think these have a chance. Even though I'd be very very tempted to get them both.

Probably not, they've done so many shuttles. Gantry is cool. I'd probably get a second sat v if they do release it and display them both ways.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Dang, I figured they would have gone for that quest builder one. The Jeep would have been cool too. As for the next one, I agree with others that there is really nothing in there. Another Space Shuttle when they've already done 4 or 5 over the years. That Saturn V launch tower will never get made. Not only is it much larger than the Saturn V and require more pieces, and cost more, it is only interesting if you already have the Saturn V. Hopefully they will just say "we can't do any of these, so we will look into our missed favorites from previous cycles."

I'm really glad they are working with the people who did the Surf Rescue. That's what I would want out of Lego Ideas. Find people who get Lego and get them to help with the themes. Like they should just hire that guy that keeps doing medieval buildings and just do a series of his things instead of him keep submitting his ideas that will never get chosen.

I liked quest builder, it'd be fun for my D&D group. But I can also easily do it myself. That guy has also submitted a bunch of variations on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Feenix posted:

Wasn't there a site I could plug in a part and see what sets I could get it in? I am blanking on it.

I need, like, one more white 1x8 brick and I have placed (in stages) about 10 BL orders to modify my train. Now I just need one piece and I don't want to make a silly BL order for it...

Bricklink does that on the parts page.