Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Fantastic thread title.

Just bought Atlantis Exploration HQ. I'm a sucker for all that trans-green.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Any Legoons that know Japanese?

http://www.takaratomy-arts.co.jp/specials/lego/

I see that it says July, but does it say when in July? Or where they will be? I went to the ClickBrick store today and they knew zero English.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

John Carstairs posted:

It just says they'll be in those capsule vending machines countrywide the second third of the month, which means they're probably already on sale or will be by the twentieth.

Thanks a ton!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Captain Duvel posted:

This is not worth 100$

Agreed, the only SW set worth $100 would be Fett's Vette :c00l:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

(and it'll only cost $95!)

Someone needs to make a program that figures out real cost via bricklink sellers.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Mother of God you goons are beautiful.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Plastik posted:

don't buy Stringer from the Hero Factory line.

but. but. but. A Brickset reviewer says it is pants :v:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Best review of the aircraft carrier

Best Uses: As an ash tray

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Its actually pretty rare to see a forklift inside a modern airplane, let alone a future spaceship. Maybe make a Tunner loader? It has a rollerized platform so you can shove around cargo pallets and lock it into place on the floor of your ship.

Website!
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/equip/tunner.htm

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Series 5 could be nothing but different zombies and they would sell like hotcakes.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Time Cowboy posted:

Bruce Campbell.

He said normal, not extraordinary :v:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Every time I build a creator set I don't want to tear it down. I can't recommend these sets enough. Minifig scale is good in its own right, but I just prefer bigger builds.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I just saw the flagship Harry Potter set and I must say I am afraid of what that thing is going to cost. 1290 piece, 10 minifig, licensed set. I have no illusions of getting it anyway. I'm hoping people buy the Harry Potter sets like crazy and just stock their bricklink stores with cool colors :3:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Was finally in the right place at the right time for a sweet LEGO deal. Bought all this for :10bux::10bux:

BEHOLD!

Click here for the full 1632x1224 image.

It has an entire 8275 Bulldozer ^__^

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Sep 3, 2010

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Here's an idea on what people think is reasonable for sets. This doesn't mean you will get this much, but gives you an idea of worth.

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?q=5571
http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?q=8421

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I'm sure all the regulars to this thread check TBB, but this is just too much fun to not post here.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

If hell has frozen over they will need an AstroZamboni for sure.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I honestly wish LEGO had reprints. I'm sure if they re-released cafe corner it would be a huge hit. drat the secondary market I say.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

:siren: DOUBLE VIP POINTS AT LEGO DOT COM :siren:

Bought Tower Bridge and Imperial Flagship :coolfish:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

ireladd posted:

Friends and family 20% coupon code for Toys R Us. Activates when you spend $75 or more:

Valid 10/03-10/09

Code: 940710

Just combined with free shipping over 100 bucks and saved 50 dollars on stuff before the 10-30% off even went into effect. Thanks!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

:iiam:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

fursmbrero posted:

I resisted the urge to buy the Toy Shop last year, and by the time I got non-buyer's remorse it was too late. Thanks for posting that, I have a Toy Shop and a Bakery on the way.

I plan on using them as non-denominational end of December holiday decorations.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

As far as I know the fact you get extras is because QA weighing machines aren't perfectly accurate at such small tolerances so just throwing in extras is easier. Plus who minds getting extra poo poo?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

BrainWeasel posted:

I need something to store my cloth pieces and stickers flat while standing up. Anyone have a recommendation?

Page protectors with a piece of cardboard backing for sails and large fabric. 3x3 card protectors for small fabric.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Win $1,000 worth of LEGO!

http://cache.lego.com/downloads/shop/Wishlist2010/NA_wishlist.pdf

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Guzwar posted:

Hmm, do I want to be like that dude who built the Iron Man suit and competed against children?

Just do it for a kid in your family. Gift them most the sets and keep a couple AFOL sets and not feel guilty if you win :v:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

To me "give" is a masculine verb. The act of giving toys seems like it should be happier, thus gift, gifting, gifted, etc.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I paid a 15 dollar premium to not hunt them. Collectible minifigs are gay. Hopefully the supply increases enough to effectively kill the secondary market.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

To be fair Pixar movies are great kid movies for adults. :colbert:

edit: I like your river house thingy, especially the basement portion. You should go look at all the lego building instructions for the modular houses. They have neat techniques you can adapt for yourself.

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Nov 14, 2010

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Baggy_Brad posted:

Anyone keen to spend $20k on a 1000lbs lego collection?

Maybe it comes with the truck they are in?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

LOL, trailers are a horrible place for storing valuable things:

"lets pack up everything in a package on wheels that unscrupulous characters can just back up into and steal" :downs:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I think the world racer line is the only overpriced non-licensed thing. But maybe that is just because the theme isn't very fun to me. It tries to be Mad Max, but fails in my eyes.

edit: Me right now :fap:

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Nov 24, 2010

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I find the worst part is being able to afford too much. Any AFOL sets that come out are auto-buy. Luckily I have no interest in Star Wars or I would be in the poor house for sure.

O God, Brickset says I own 244 sets :shepicide:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Carbohydrates posted:

So, anyone looking for the modular buildings? I'm looking to sell all 4 for $600, which is exactly what they would have cost new, and is a good deal when you consider how drat expensive Cafe Corner is these days (about $400 on its own)!

photo for the photo gods (ignore the extra random figs):

edit: all complete with instructions and boxes

SOLD!!!!!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

They are building a LEGO store in my hometown. This will make me homeless, but at least I will have enough bricks to build a nice shanty.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

This minifig freaks me out a bit

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Roydrowsy posted:

but seriously, drat you guys. I don't have money for new hobbies.

Tell me about it. I just bought all the Pharaoh's Quest sets off Amazon in one fell swoop :3:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Who thought the weirdo skeletons in the Ninjago sets were cool? They make my brain hurt.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

xK1 posted:

Lego store in Indianapolis

O God, all my precious monies once I start back to school :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

What are the chances of doing a Legoon LEGO parts draft? I just learned about this and it seems fun. We could wait for a good deal to come along on a set with worthwhile pieces since shipping will eat into our budget.

Thoughts?