Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
Has anyone seen any evidence of super nerds reverse engineering stuff from the movie in LDD yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

xzzy posted:

Someone in this thread built a ship from on of the posters, I made a couple of the spaceships that were in the credits. I'm sure we're not the only ones.

I'm new to rediscovering my childhood hobby. I've poked around some of the links you guys have posted, like Brickforge, bricklink and brickipedia, but is there a site dedicated to LDD designs or "new" designs? I'd like to see what people have pulled from the movie (that isn't already a set).

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Fantastic, thanks!

By the way, built the micro Falcon this morning... Color me unimpressed.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

AzMiLion posted:

Anything specific? If i can get enough angles on something i can probably reverse engineer it.

I was a big fan of that enormous Batmobile, the piano in the saloon and the double decker couch. I can't wait until the bluray comes out so I can pause it frame by frame. Also, I want to build Emmett's apartment.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

I made a fair amount of money when the Lego movie came out by buying Lego from Goodwill for around $5-$10 a pound (including shipping) and flipping it on eBay for about $10-$15 a pound. But now everyone's doing it, so it's not really worth it anymore.