Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slash
Apr 7, 2011

JohnnyRnR posted:

Once again I'm launching a private sale for Goons only. This year it will only be for two weeks (Nov 25 to Dec 9) and will feature special pricing on all of my newest jewelry (and a pretty amazing deal I put together just for this).

I ask that you sign up for a password this year, and they will be emailed out at 9pm EST on the 25th. I won't be using these signups to send marketing in the future.

http://eepurl.com/I3FV5

It's just my way of saying thanks - In my first few years the sales I made to Goons were the difference between keeping the rent paid and not. Answering questions here is a lot of fun for me.

Johnny, how do you handle shipping internationally(specifically UK)? I have a feeling that having to pay Import Tax is going to make using your services prohibitively costly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Holy crap Johnny some of the pieces in the sale are amazing. The missus is particularly enamoured with the Tourmaline Earrings.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Questions about mixing rings of different carat white gold:

I bought my girlfriend(guess I should say fiancée now) a 9ct White Gold Engagement ring, and now we are looking at Wedding Rings.

Can she wear a 18ct White Gold Wedding ring next to it? Or will the softer metal be worn away by the engagement ring? Also does how well the rings 'fit' together change this?

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Not an Anthem posted:

I have put a lot of early thought into an engagement ring and now I'm like "damnit, wedding ring." Do many people have a cool (bigger, fancy) engagement ring and a simple wedding ring and swap them out based on utility? IE going hiking take the wedding band, wanna go out use the engagement ring?

Most women wear both. Also most women tend to go for a plain wedding ring, which is much cheaper than an Engagement ring.

You can get Wedding rings which have a notch or bend in them so that they fit snugly against the Engagement Ring, these can also be custom-made from a mould of the Wedding ring to get a good fit.

Like this: http://aurumjewellers.com/our-products/wedding-rings/fitted/page/2/

Slash fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jan 24, 2014

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

StorrowS posted:

Questions about mixing rings of different carat white gold:

I bought my girlfriend(guess I should say fiancée now) a 9ct White Gold Engagement ring, and now we are looking at Wedding Rings.

Can she wear a 18ct White Gold Wedding ring next to it? Or will the softer metal be worn away by the engagement ring? Also does how well the rings 'fit' together change this?

Sorry to raise this again but it got skipped over. Is it safe to mix 9ct White Gold and 18ct White Gold rings on the same finger?

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

LLSix posted:

This is pretty much what we did after talking to the other jewelers in town. We're going to be getting her that ring at the price originally quoted.

Now I need some help finding a ring for myself. I didn't much like any of the rings we looked at for men. I'm leaning towards something heavy. The larger and more ostentatious, the better. I figure this way it'll do a better job of reminding me I'm married :) That seems to be the exact opposite of the current style. I'm currently leaning towards a plain tungsten ring (because I like how heavy they are) if I can't find something I really want. Anyone got any designs or pictures of large/ostentatious rings? Bonus points if they're made out of tungsten or they've got something crazy awesome like an LED light built into them.

I'm going with a Titanium Wedding ring. It's pretty chunky and they do some cool designs with the metal, but it's really light. Bonus is that they're really cheap(which is just as well as she's having Platinum). They're also pretty hard wearing, which is a big plus for me as I have a habit of scratching jewellery. It's kinda like this

They can do all sort of crazy stuff with Ti.

Or check this one out from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Mens-Black-Titanium-Grooved-Rainbow/dp/B0046XRSHU/ref=pd_sbs_jw_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=006D5DVJPTNQFDZVSADS

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Rated PG-34 posted:

Are there reputable online retailers for lab made diamonds?

As in Moissanite?
http://www.moissaniteco.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Shbobdb posted:

Dude, why didn't I buy my engagement ring from those guys? The prices are awesome.

I did, and the Wife loves it.

• Locked thread