Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TemplarNeo
Sep 8, 2006

Whelp, this book was one of the best things about an already pretty neat Christmas. It's the first BS book I've read, but suffice to say I've already made a book depository order for Mistborn. Made the unfortunate mistake of trying to finish this on the train to work, ended up spending the first few hours when I got there reading a paragraph of the book, and a paragraph of error logs alternately. I'd say this has been my most productive morning all year :D

The spren are pretty cool, I'm looking forward to learning more about them, I have that feeling that I'm about two or three more hints away from figuring it out, but then I am kinda dense.

I didn't mind the flashbacks, but the pacing got annoying. The final flashback was more irritating than anything else, but it's a small complaint. On the other hand the character switching was actually alright, normally it gets annoying about half way through as the pacing gets out of sync, but he managed to keep it relatively consistent. No groaning at chapter ends.

I've been following Brandon on twitter for a while; he seems like a pretty genuine guy so I'm excited that his books seem to be doing so well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU