Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cytokinesis
Aug 18, 2008

He sees the power of a god behind it. A power that has bested him!

Cartoon Man posted:

This is the blog entry to read if curious whats coming down the pipe.
http://www.brandonsanderson.com/blog/925/Another-Long-and-Rambling-Post-on-Future-Books

My guess is that Dragonsteel is going to be the big one that reveals a lot about Hoid and Adonalsium.

Actually I'm pretty sure that The Liar of Partinel is going to be the one that reveals a ton about Hoid. He actually has a ton of unpublished novels he wrote before Elantris, which he shared with a few select readers. I read on his forums that the Liar of Partinel was one such novel in a rough alpha stage, and it had Hoid in it and featured him heavily. (in comparison, this story is probably going to be very different when it comes out, but the general ideas will probably remain the same). In it apparently Hoid is a character, but some of the readers said that the Hoid we see in the rest of the books is actually the apprentice of the Hoid in Liar of Partinel, who takes his name when he dies. If you remember, Hoid said he "stole his name as well from a dear friend" or some such in The Way of Kings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cytokinesis
Aug 18, 2008

arioch posted:

But the thing is, Sanderson's lower-level gods are generally just ascended mortals who've been bestowed powers somehow from the shards of Adonalsium. And we're talking anything from ridiculously powerful like Sazed on down to Steel Inquisitors, then the inhabitants of Elantris, those monks, etc. Sanderson's "divinity" is often not divine.

And there were a LOT more shardplate sets than just the relatively few sets we see currently floating around. There were ten ORDERS of Knights Radiant and they seem to all have had shardplate and shardblade. Yes, the potential Knights Radiant seem to be making a comeback in terms of their powers returning in the mortals, but I don't see any indication so far that the original group of Heralds are coming back, in fact the last one that actually held to their code/oaths/whatever came back and died at the end of the first book.

He didn't die. He just fell unconscious, the blades for the heralds act differently than other shard blades. The herald's blades (I forget what they are called) only disappear when they die, rather than the other way around like normal shard blades which only stay out if their owner is dead.

Cytokinesis
Aug 18, 2008

BananaNutkins posted:

That was a pretty awesome shot at Terry Goodkind that miraculously was free of rape and diarrhea spouting chickens.

The best part of it was that before he posted that Zedd was winning the poll by a fair amount; but the day it was posted Vin shot ahead by well over a thousand votes.

Cytokinesis fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Mar 25, 2011

Cytokinesis
Aug 18, 2008

arioch posted:

Also apparently Preservation's name was Leras, hence Lerasium being the metal found at the Well of Ascension used to make a normal person Mistborn. The more you know!

(Mistborn Spoiler.) And conveniently Ruin's name was Ati; hence Atium.