Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silenced Parrot
Dec 20, 2008

My god, it's full of Booze!

Cartoon Man posted:

Brandon just tweeted that the 1st draft of the mistborn novella is done and should come out next fall.

It apparently has an allomancer fight with guns. I cannot wait to sperg out over every little push and pull of bullets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silenced Parrot
Dec 20, 2008

I think that he said it was around 80,000 words via facebook/twitter.

Silenced Parrot
Dec 20, 2008

So, after finding out Brandon was roommates with Ken Jennings and then reading their posts on reddit, I came across this gem:

Brandon Sanderson posted:

There’s got to be a sitcom pitch in here somewhere. Two semi-famous Mormons, living together, being nerds. Like Big Bang Theory, only with more green Jell-O. Glen Beck could play the evil apartment building owner who keeps trying to come up with crazy schemes to get us kicked out, since our apartment is rent controlled to 1870’s prices as long as a pure descendant of Brigham Young lives in it.

Stephenie Meyer is our version of Wilson, only instead of standing behind a fence, she hides in the basement and gives cryptic, half-nonsense advice in exchange for bad poetry. Tom Cruise and Jon Travolta live in the rival Scientologist apartment building across the street, and are always trying to one-up us. Season finale: Cruise secretly joins the church of Inglip.

Sanderson is awesome.

E: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/fwpzj/iama_74time_jeopardy_champion_ken_jennings_i_will/c1j769x

In case people are curious to read the whole thing.

Silenced Parrot fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 4, 2011

Silenced Parrot
Dec 20, 2008

Superstring posted:

Last few posters, I know what you mean. Sanderson seems chill enough though. I'm just hoping he doesn't go OSC on us some day. :(

I honestly don't think he ever will. He is an amazing person and really doesn't seem to be the type of person to force his views on people. :)

Silenced Parrot
Dec 20, 2008

I feel as though I'll be in the minority round these parts, but I like the UK cover of The Alloy of Law much more than the US, goggles be damned.

http://brandonsanderson.com/blog/977/UK-Cover-Art-for-THE-ALLOY-OF-LAW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silenced Parrot
Dec 20, 2008

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I finished the mistborn trilogy last night, and I have to say it's impressive how much every little detail came together at the end. The earring and Spook's pewter were both big "loving duh, saw that coming a while ago" things, but I liked how the Kandra/Atium thing turned out. Actually, the whole Atium arc in general was great. I've heard people say the whole ending was foreshdowed by the first 100 or so pages, but I can't remember that part well enough to know if that's right or not. I wouldn't be shocked, though.Definitely a big fan.

The most notable thing foreshadowed at the very beginning (like, VERY beginning) is that the Hero of Ages will have to use his arms or something like that to save the world, alluding to Sazed (or another feruchemist) being the Hero. It's been a while since I've read Mistborn, so that's the only one I blatantly recall besides the obvious things you've already mentioned.