Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
I just finished up the Mistborn trilogy. From the first book, I kept hearing Kelsier as Sterling Archer, Sazed as Woodhouse, and Breeze as Ray Gillette.

I'm curious if there was any significance to the body of the red haired boy that appeared after Vin and Ruin died. I can't remember if that body fit any descriptions of anyone else that had come before.

Has Brandon Sanderson commented on the unused metals at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

arioch posted:

That was Ati, the holder of the Ruin shard. Leras, the original holder of Preservation, died earlier in the book and none of the characters saw it. Vin and Ati's corpses show up because they died and in so doing released their holds on the shards.

Did I gloss over something? The names Ati and Leras aren't bringing anything to mind.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
I just finished up Alloy of Law. Mistborn works so much better when it reads like a heist story. All the references to the previous series made me smile, especially the High Imperial language. I think I missed where Hoid showed up in this one, if he did at all.

The mention of the Faceless Immortals was kinda neat, if they are who I think they are. I thought they all killed themselves.I also didn't see it coming when Marsh showed up at the end as an agent of Harmony.